I'm also waiting for the ICON case in the States. I keep scouring the web thinking that there must be a way - some back door that only I can discover - but alas, it seems that unless you live in or near Canada, you're sh** out of luck. C'mon Crackberry, add this awesome case to your store! It will definitely sell, even if you decide to charge a premium.

If I can't get this come June, I'll just have to go ahead with the DODOcase - another truly viable option, just not as appealing (to me) as the Carbon Click. I'm open to other ideas, though, in case there are new cases I haven't discovered yet. My biggest prerequisites are that it's folio-style, reasonably thin, and that you can charge while it's closed. Anyone??
    05-21-11 04:11 PM
    Here is an option as of June 1st for everyone in the States. Looks the same as the ICON except it is leather not the carbon look

Brookstone
    05-21-11 04:39 PM
    Nice find, liquidlink. Anyone used this case yet? It appears to be the EXACT same design, and I actually like the leather more than the carbon.
    05-21-11 05:10 PM
    Never mind - apparently it won't ship until July 7th, and I need a case by mid-June at the latest. I don't know if that includes in-store purchases too, but I live 80 miles from the nearest Brookstone so that's a moot point. *sigh* oh well.
    05-21-11 05:20 PM
    love this case so much! By far the best case made for the Playbook. Love the carbon look on it as well!
    05-21-11 07:13 PM
    Never mind - apparently it won't ship until July 7th, and I need a case by mid-June at the latest. I don't know if that includes in-store purchases too, but I live 80 miles from the nearest Brookstone so that's a moot point. *sigh* oh well.
    A couple of days ago it said shipping 6/1/11, I wonder what happened....hmmm
    05-21-11 09:03 PM
    Nice find, liquidlink. Anyone used this case yet? It appears to be the EXACT same design, and I actually like the leather more than the carbon.
    This is most likely the leather version of the Carbon Flip case from the same manufacturer. They state on their website that a leather version is coming soon. Will obviously cost more becuase of the leather, but other than that, it should be identical.

I'm a big fan of leather myself, but I gotta say that the $ 40 carbon fibre version is very nice - one of the best non-leather cases I've ever seen for anything, and you can't beat the price.
    05-22-11 12:59 PM
    If some of you want to purchase the icon case from best buy website and ship it to me here in Canada, I will resend to you, you ll just have to pay the shipping from Canada to your country. Just MP me, I'll be glad to help you!

Étui carbone de type livre d'Icon pour BlackBerry PlayBook (ASD322) : Étuis et protecteurs de tablettes - Best Buy Canada
    Last edited by SuperDuckWC; 05-22-11 at 01:14 PM.
    05-22-11 01:11 PM
    I originally wanted this case until I came to this site and discovered the dodocase, ordered that =B
    05-27-11 04:06 PM
    Just stumbled upon this case that resembles the icon leather. I prefer the carbon fiber look but still cant get my hands on one. Here's the LINKLeather Case for BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB, 32GB, 64GB | eBay
    05-29-11 05:21 PM
    Got my dad to pick me up one as hes over in Canada visiting my brother so texted him the link and he picked it up for me yesterday....sent me a pic of it lol.

Had no choice but to get it from Canada as i cannot find anything similar here i the UK...means ill have to wait a few weeks before i have it in my hands but looking forward to getting it..
    05-29-11 05:30 PM
    Can anyone with the icon/brookstone case tell me how well it folds over on itself.. They obviously work well as a stand but i'm wondering if i'm going to be able to hold it comfortably without half of it flapping around, and I haven't seen a video yet where someone folds it back on itself.

I've been waiting to get my hands on this case, but in the meantime i've gotten really used to my naked playbook. It's the first device i've owned without getting a case immediately.
    05-29-11 05:57 PM
    I have a brown leather case from eBay. NEW Blackberry Playbook Tablet Brown Leather Folio Case | eBay
    (I think it's sold out but hopefully he will have more soon)

I can fold it back to charge (i never have to take it out of it's case, but can do so easily if need be) or just to hold it to type in portrait mode
    it is sturdy and protects the edges, which is great because it's wedged in a small pocket of my bookbag
    it has multiple positions as well. can stand up in portfolio view or various landscape views.

zoso28 likes this.
    05-29-11 09:58 PM
    Can anyone with the icon/brookstone case tell me how well it folds over on itself.. They obviously work well as a stand but i'm wondering if i'm going to be able to hold it comfortably without half of it flapping around, and I haven't seen a video yet where someone folds it back on itself.

I've been waiting to get my hands on this case, but in the meantime i've gotten really used to my naked playbook. It's the first device i've owned without getting a case immediately.
    Love it! The cover can actually fold in half so you can tuck it behind the pb and hold it that way. You can even charge the PB if you have it top cover folded under the PB.

It's pretty slim and tough. I've dropped my PB in that case and nothing happened not even a scratch. The cover folds over the screen and locks down securely and all the corners are protected.
    05-30-11 03:45 AM
    Just stumbled upon this case that resembles the icon leather. I prefer the carbon fiber look but still cant get my hands on one. Here's the LINKLeather Case for BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB, 32GB, 64GB | eBay
    Nice find. Good deal as well.
    05-30-11 08:00 AM
    Just purchased from the link I provided. I'll let you know how it goes.
    05-30-11 10:31 AM
    Just purchased from the link I provided. I'll let you know how it goes.
    Please let us know. I went the very difficult route. I ordered an ICON Carbon case, had it shipped to someone in Canada who will be shipping it to me. I am looking forward to getting it next week!!!!
    05-30-11 04:40 PM
    Anyone go to a physical Brookstone to see if they have them in stock? Tempted to go to one today after work, but wanted to check if anyone had seen one there.
    06-01-11 03:18 PM
    Incidentally, this is a little off topic but I was in an electronics store recently with my PB, and they had barely anything for it, so for the heck of it I tried a few other cases.

Turns out the cases for the nook or the kindle also fit the PB. I cant remember exactly which one it was but one of those two is a pretty close match. Even the really precise folio-style ones with the four corner straps fit perfectly.

If I happen to pass by it again i'll check which one it was that fit so perfectly, so maybe we would have a few more style options when shopping online.
    06-01-11 03:25 PM
    Went to the Brookstone near my place and they didn't have it in stock. The person working there said she sees it in the system, but she doesn't even have an estimated date for it, nor could she place and order for me.

That's that I guess...
    06-02-11 08:51 AM
    i tried it online and it would not let me enter a usa postal code. i will have to give them a call to see if they will sell me one. They say amazon.com on the website for the US but i looked on amazon and found nothing.
    Futureshop.ca a/k/a BestBuy Canada will NOT ship to the States.
    06-13-11 07:25 PM
    I decided to go with an Icon look'a'like..lol And I have absolutely no complaints.. Looks like they simply cloned the icon case (without the carbon look). Great fit and functionality.. Not too bulky and I can charge my PB without opening the case..

It even came packaged in a nice little box and not some cheap plastic ziplock, stuffed in a padded yellow envelope.

Leather Case for BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB, 32GB, 64GB - eBay (item 320705679153 end time Jun-26-11 10:28:47 PDT)
    06-13-11 09:23 PM
    Hey all,

I have the zipper case, and thinking of buying the icon case tomorrow.

Just wondering, if anyone has ever tried inserting the icon case in the zipper case for extra protection when travelling?

Thanks
    06-14-11 10:15 PM
    Hey all,

I have the zipper case, and thinking of buying the icon case tomorrow.

Just wondering, if anyone has ever tried inserting the icon case in the zipper case for extra protection when travelling?

Thanks
    Has anyone tried this?

I<m just wondering if it does fit when the icon case is attached.
    06-15-11 09:33 AM
    anyone know how to get this in the states, anyone willing to ship
    06-15-11 01:56 PM
231 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD