i have to admit...not sure about the icon case...it leaves alot of the side and buttons exposed...and yes I have one right beside me. I have the convertible case and like how it covers the entire playbook. i wouldnt want to throw the icon case in my bag like I do with the convertible. Just my thoughts...
    Last edited by Mattman3234; 05-12-11 at 06:57 AM.
    05-11-11 08:11 PM
    Say what you want...but I have sold 3 of them in the first 8 hours I have them listed. As said above, its all about supply and demand. I thought it was ridiculous when the Xbox 360 came out and people were buying them on eBay for $1000+ more then retail. This is pocket change compared to that. After eBay fees and express shipping. I'm really only getting about $20 out of the deal. $20 for each one for my time and the availability of this case to the USA market is not a bad deal for both the buyer and seller.
    Looks like a great case but overpriced to an opportunistic level. I was willing to pay $69.99 (!) as posted on e bay until he marked up my shipping from $15 to $70 !! Explanation given = That's my price". I live in Japan but I guess the trip to the local fedex office is the same no matter where the destination is. Think I'd rather buy from someone more professional.
    05-12-11 06:35 AM
    I think $100 is way to much for this case. However, I found it this morning on Brookstone.com of all places. Ships week of 6/1/11 though! I can't wait that long...This is the Icon case in leather right?

Brookstone
    sayg, 0100010, Waitzar and 1 others like this.
    05-13-11 09:47 AM
    I think $100 is way to much for this case. However, I found it this morning on Brookstone.com of all places. Ships week of 6/1/11 though! I can't wait that long...This is the Icon case in leather right?

Brookstone
    That is an awesome find. Finally a way for everyone in the US to get the case. The only difference between this case and the ICON Case is the Brookstone one is leather and the ICON one is a carbon look. I cannot wait till 6/1, there is a Brookstone about 10 minutes from my house so I hope they will carry it.

Thanks for making my Friday!!
    Last edited by liquidlink; 05-13-11 at 10:18 AM.
    05-13-11 10:09 AM
    mityaraskolnikov, thanks for the pic. So I guess front folds are not possible...

Yes it can be used with the rapid charging pod. The back folds out as below:

05-13-11 11:48 AM
    I ordered mine from brookstone and will let you know when received. Now I have to buy my playbook . How many gb does the Blackerry Os take up by default? Thanks
    05-13-11 08:16 PM
    I ordered mine from brookstone and will let you know when received. Now I have to buy my playbook . How many gb does the Blackerry Os take up by default? Thanks
    I heard the 16GB has 14GB left when started. I ahve the 64GB one, I would tell you to get the 32GB or a 64GB, just my opinion.
    05-13-11 10:17 PM
    mityaraskolnikov, thanks for the pic. So I guess front folds are not possible...
    No, front folding closes the case and then it will not fit in the pod. Putting the PB in upside down in the case also does not work.

The pod is such a tight fit that you have to separate the case from the PB to fit.
    sayg likes this.
    05-13-11 10:49 PM
    I just got this case for my Playbook and love it! Check it out DODOcase

05-13-11 11:15 PM
    Attachment 86697

Attachment 86698

Attachment 86699
    here what i got.trexta marquis,i bought this from amazon for $60 and i like it so far.....
    05-14-11 12:21 AM
    here what i got.trexta marquis,i bought this from amazon for $60 and i like it so far.....
    How do you swipe from app to app with the side bezel covered up? Thats a feature I like a lot for me. Like a quick alt tab on a pc.
    05-14-11 12:27 AM
    the bezel is not really fully covered up i can still swipe both sides,actually i kind of like it because it protect the sides plus the speakers is not covered and you can listen to it while the case close.you can charge it while the playbook on the stand mode so i think its kind of cool.i tried the journal and convertible case but i didnt like it so i returned it.
    05-14-11 12:34 AM
    I just got this case for my Playbook and love it! Check it out DODOcase

Hi, that's a very nice case. How is it working for you so far?

I can't find any review of Dodocase for Playbook, but there's quite a number of review of Dodocase for Ipad online.

Some review wasn't so good as the Ipad do slip off from the case, some with the non-slip material on the corner coming off, and there's also some with the bamboo frame warping.

I'm curious to hear how yours has been holding up for you, because I really like the case and would like to get one myself.
    05-14-11 03:21 AM
    =====
    Some review wasn't so good as the Ipad do slip off from the case, some with the non-slip material on the corner coming off, and there's also some with the bamboo frame warping.

I'm curious to hear how yours has been holding up for you, because I really like the case and would like to get one myself.
    I saw the negative reviews on the iPad but a friend on twitter got the one for the playbook to review and assured me that same issue wasn't a problem. I have tested it and with the Playbook its a lot more snug in the case than the videos show the ipads.

I have only had the case for 2 days so far and love it. The only draw back would be it doesn't have an opening for the camera but to me its not a big deal. I don't find myself using it all that often and I can take the case off if I need to. I get a lot of compliments on the case when I pull it out too. Ports are all open and device charges while in the case so I love that too. Definitely worth checking out for the Playbook.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Last edited by FlashOp; 05-14-11 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Typos
    alantan likes this.
    05-14-11 10:25 AM
    have you used he case in person? no so i suggest you keep your mouth shut before spuilling nonense.
    I said it LOOKS cheap and flimsy going by what I've seen, not that it is, so you shut your mouth please
    05-14-11 11:07 AM
    How do you swipe from app to app with the side bezel covered up? Thats a feature I like a lot for me. Like a quick alt tab on a pc.
    I noticed that to.....I don't want anything covering the bezel. It would annoy to hit the lip of the case everytime I made a swipe gesture.
    05-14-11 11:20 AM
    I think it is the best one out there for the money. I love mine
    05-14-11 12:56 PM
    I have only had the case for 2 days so far and love it. The only draw back would be it doesn't have an opening for the camera but to me its not a big deal. I don't find myself using it all that often and I can take the case off if I need to. I get a lot of compliments on the case when I pull it out too. Ports are all open and device charges while in the case so I love that too. Definitely worth checking out for the Playbook.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Thanks for the feedback. No cut out for the camera is really a draw back. I might just get both the Icon case and Dodocase!
    05-14-11 03:04 PM
    do both cases fit in your back jeans pocket? I'm still debating on a case since i love the naked blackberry pb feel. i have a zagg maximum screen protector as well as the zip sleeve the pb came with..also bought the akron stand on amazon. All holding up quite well..
    05-14-11 03:43 PM
    do both cases fit in your back jeans pocket? I'm still debating on a case since i love the naked blackberry pb feel. i have a zagg maximum screen protector as well as the zip sleeve the pb came with..also bought the akron stand on amazon. All holding up quite well..
    That's the drawback of many cases, included the Icon. It doesn't fit anymore in pockets. To me, it's no deal breaker since I find it cumbersome anyway. May be if I was wearing bigger jeans than size 32 it would fit better but I'm not going to gain weight just so I can carry my Playbook in my pants
    05-14-11 05:01 PM
    I'm not going to gain weight just so I can carry my Playbook in my pants
    Please hand over your Geek Membership card on you way out!
    05-15-11 12:08 AM
    Bought the icon case yesterday, was looking for a case that wasn't too bulky. It holds the playbook quite securely, doesn't interfere with the ports/buttons/bezel at all. Also the flap that covers the screen is nicely padded AND with the case on it still filts into the neoprene sleeve if you want some extra protection.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-11 09:34 AM
    Please hand over your Geek Membership card on you way out!
    But I like it

05-15-11 06:01 PM
    any news when is the availability of the icon case here in the US?
    05-17-11 09:52 PM
    By today I have my ICON Carbon Click Book. Comparing with the original Blackberry convertible case this one is much much better.
    Last edited by drunkorexia; 05-22-11 at 01:48 PM.
    05-20-11 05:43 AM
231 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD