Anyone know why I got this all of a sudden when I lost wi-fi and tried to set it up again

This configuration has been disabled. Unable to acquire an IP address. verify saved network security settings.

I have verified them and I still get the above.
    06-16-14 05:30 PM
    Anyone know why I got this all of a sudden when I lost wi-fi and tried to set it up again

This configuration has been disabled. Unable to acquire an IP address. verify saved network security settings.

I have verified them and I still get the above.
    Go into your WiFi settings and re-enable it again. Your device, at some point or another, wasn't able to connect to WiFi so rather than wasting battery life trying to connect to WiFi it deemed not suitable it just disabled it.

Settings> Network>Saved Networks>Enable.
    06-16-14 08:57 PM
    Yeah, I get that from time to time. Very occasionally, but does happen. Open the saved connection settings and one of the first options at the top will show that the wifi connection has been disabled. Just flip the setting switch to on, and press Save and Connect. Works again after that.
    06-17-14 08:33 AM
    Yeah, I get that from time to time. Very occasionally, but does happen. Open the saved connection settings and one of the first options at the top will show that the wifi connection has been disabled. Just flip the setting switch to on, and press Save and Connect. Works again after that.
    Tried that and it came up with this (Unable to acquire an IP address) now what.
    06-17-14 03:36 PM
    Try re-entering the authentication information for the wireless network again. That seems to make mine happy.
    06-17-14 03:44 PM
    I have the same issue that just started today. Have renamed wifi network, rebooted router, reset BB yadda yadda and still can't connect. I can connect if I turn the Rogers network off, meaning no phone calls or sms
    Last edited by chiphazard; 06-17-14 at 06:46 PM.
    06-17-14 06:31 PM
    it appears that this has something to do with blackberry.com being down, which makes no sense to me, but when I can get blackberry.com on computer and turn on both wifi and rogers it works, but then site craps out again and wifi craps out. what the hell does blackberry.com have to do with my Rogers connection and my wifi? Makes no sense.
    06-17-14 06:50 PM
    You can do this so at least you have voice and wifi works

Lost Wi-Fi-img_20140617_204241.png

BlackBerry since 2006. Rogers. Halifax, NS.
    06-17-14 07:44 PM
    While I have this occasionally on my PB, I got it for the first time yesterday on my Z10. Frustrating. I reset both the wireless router and the internet router (figured I might as well do both while I'm shutting down one of them). I deleted the wifi profile from my phone, and put it back on. It just magically fixed itself after a while.

To the OP, are you still having the same issue? Only other thing I can suggest if you are still having issues is to delete the wifi connection on your PB, reset the device and then connect to your wireless router. Maybe something got jumbled in memory.
    06-18-14 10:23 AM
    Funny thing well not so funny but tornados landed nearby yesterday and cut our power for a few seconds and my playbook wifi started to work again go figure.
    mh1983 likes this.
    06-18-14 05:54 PM
    Funny thing well not so funny but tornados landed nearby yesterday and cut our power for a few seconds and my playbook wifi started to work again go figure.
    I've had a similar issue to yours over the past few days, a reboot of the router eventually sorted the problem out after I had tried many other things. The power cut meant that your router was rebooted and maybe that cured your problem.
    06-19-14 03:41 AM
    I've had a similar issue to yours over the past few days, a reboot of the router eventually sorted the problem out after I had tried many other things. The power cut meant that your router was rebooted and maybe that cured your problem.
    The reboot tends to resolve most connectivity issues. Some firmwares let you schedule a regular reboot, but most basic routers don't. To remedy this, I plugged my modem/router into a timer set to cut off the power for a half hour every night, around 3 am.
    06-20-14 12:32 PM
    the power cutoff likely meant clearing of the router cache, which seemingly resulted in fixes to 'your' problem(s)
    06-20-14 03:59 PM