Just had my house broken into and lost all my computers and Playbook 64 gig, what a **** off....and no Blackberry Protect. I found a new one for $550.00, still so pissed off. I'll contact Rim and let them know, now much more I can do. Had it since April release date so my credit card protection is finished after 90 days. Life sucks some days.
    I had mine stolen by a United AIrlines staff, I was devistated I complained to the company because there was no doubt and they came through returning it to me by going to the thiefs home and demanding it be returned. Lesson learned be careful when you fall asleep on an airline. I still hate to think about the personal violation
    09-24-11 07:40 PM
    I recently left my playbook in a buddies car over night. When i asked him to hold on to it for me he said he it wasnt there. Now i cant recall if that is in fact where i left it or if he stole it.

I sincerely believe im never going to see it again, Ive checked every possible place. Im beyond upset but most of all im ashamed for being so careless with it.

I know im not going to get a hand out or a free playbook now, but im just asking the crackberry community what i should do? Do i file a police report? Do i contact RIM? Do i call best buy where i purchased it?... I just want to do and whats responsible now.

The playbook had a password lock, and was registered with RIM. Help please.
    Hmmm in addition to not never seeing it again you may consider never seeing your "friend" again.

First question : How much were you drinking/smoking?
    Second question: Why not ask him first hand if you can check his car just to make yourself feel better - he may have found out about the password protect by now and change his story.
    Third question: will you remember to install blackberry protection service next time? Best Buy purchase guarantee?

Honestly sorry - that must suck I know how I felt when I thought I had left mine somewhere.

Like the sickening feeling I had when I remembered I had left my wallet on TOP of my car.
    09-24-11 07:48 PM
    the playbook has a gps chip so RIM can locate your playbook if it's stolen
    If its charged up that is. Better act fast.
    09-24-11 07:49 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD