Playbook OS 2.0.1.358 (and the previous version to this)

When I was traveling, there was one incident where I had to Power-Vol +-Vol - reboot the Playbook, which turned it off and I had to turn it back on. After the Playbook finished rebooting, all the Wi-Fi Saved Networks were gone. I fiddled with turning on/off Airport Mode and Wi-Fi and eventually after a couple of further reboots, everything, all the Wi-Fi Saved Networks, came back.

Today, I turned off the Playbook and turned it back on. The Playbook wouldn't connect to the home wi-fi network. (My other Playbook connected fine.) It had the three failed attempts others have reported. I decided to delete the home wi-fi network and re-add it. This worked, but all the Wi-Fi Saved Networks are gone. I tried doing the trick above and it didn't help. It seemed I lost all the Wi-Fi Saved Networks... maybe because I deleted the home wi-fi and re-added it, thereby wiping the "list"?

Anyone have a trick to get them back or are they gone forever?
    09-10-12 01:24 AM
    Not sure this will help but do you bridge to a bb phone? If you do bridge the phone will populate the saved wifi list from the phone to the PB.

Also have you backed up with DM? A restore should bring back the ones from the last backup.

Otherwise the only thing I know is to manually reconnect each one again as if it was a new device.

Hope this helps.

-Zil
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    09-10-12 02:01 AM
    You might as well just do it the old fashion way. This is an area where RIM also needs to improve. I have a Nexus 7 and with Google all your settings get backed up to their servers, so even if you do a factory reset/wipe you get everything back. You think is no big deal til you have to do it.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    09-10-12 07:18 AM
    You might as well just do it the old fashion way. This is an area where RIM also needs to improve. I have a Nexus 7 and with Google all your settings get backed up to their servers, so even if you do a factory reset/wipe you get everything back. You think is no big deal til you have to do it.
    All the more reason to not have a Nexus.

Google is the largest tracking organization in the world (larger than any government, they buy their data from Google) and that info is for sale. Buy an Android device and more specifically the Nexus and you've sold your soul and those in your contact list as well.

You, who you are, who your contacts are, the content of your email, what you buy, what bills you pay, where you play, where and what you eat every aspect about you that happens in a financial transaction is tracked. And with an Android phone that includes ph numbers and sms numbers.

It is all tracked, analyzed and stored and made available for a price. They are selling you and your activation of an Android device gave them permission.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the OS, it's just a mobile Linux and the most mature mobile Linux out there.

The PlayBook is secure, the others are not! Backup a PlayBook to your own computer not some outsourced server being run in some country with the lowest bidder...well you get the picture...I hope.
    09-11-12 01:17 AM
    Not sure this will help but do you bridge to a bb phone? If you do bridge the phone will populate the saved wifi list from the phone to the PB.

Also have you backed up with DM? A restore should bring back the ones from the last backup.

Otherwise the only thing I know is to manually reconnect each one again as if it was a new device.

Hope this helps.

-Zil
    The Playbook wasn't Bridged.

I haven't done a backup as I just gotten back from my trip last week. The first time it happened, it was while I was traveling and having a laptop along for backups defeats the purpose of only taking the Playbook along as the sole internet device.
    09-11-12 01:33 AM
    Cbvinh-

Sorry you may have to manually connect again.

I just did a search of BlackBerry support forums and didn't find an answer that matches your situation. But you might try asking your question there to see if there's any further help.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/.../bd-p/playbook
    Last edited by Zildjian71; 09-12-12 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Added url.
    09-12-12 12:32 AM
    My PB refuses to save certain wifi networks. Starbucks, Second Cup, Whole Foods - it shows them with a little red circle beside them, and when I click on one of these, a message comes up that the IP has been disabled (I did no such thing). So I make the network available again, click on Save and Connect, and everything proceeds just fine - until I come back another day, and the same thing happens.

My home network is saved correctly, and the PB connects to it the moment it's in range. It's a bit of a nuisance, does anyone know why? I'm running the latest official OS, but the same thing happened with OS1.
    09-12-12 12:45 AM
    One time I had my 9800 in leather case and put it on top of playbook in keyboard case and it deleted the wifi network i was on lol, had to go find guy to get the 800 character password again lol
    09-12-12 04:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD