I was in Dallas late January and left my Playbook in a cab. Called the cab company, emailed the cab company, called lost and found never received one response from them. Yellow cab Dallas you suck. Anyway I realized that now I should investigate other tablets as BB10 wasn't out on and on. So I looked at Ipad, Ipad mini, Windows tablets, Samsung, Android, talked to people with the other tablets, researched and researched. I then got a new Z10 so I was busy with that for a while. Last week I made up my mind, went to 8 stores with no luck. Well today I bought my new tablet another 64 GB playbook, had to go to KIJIJI but got one. I am fully convinced there are no better. just my two cents. Jim
    03-05-13 09:34 PM
    yeah, i agree with you...having used my PB and for the price you can pick one up for...it's unbeatable! Surprised you got one. I've been looking into other tablets as a buddy of mine wanted to purchase one (Android OS) and I wasn't particularly impressed with the specs and pricing... PB is money! unfortunately i couldn't find a PB in stock within the GTA...
    03-05-13 09:39 PM
    amazon always has 'em for future reference...
    03-05-13 10:26 PM
    Smart choice, we have five in our house.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    03-05-13 10:28 PM
    When I see what the PlayBook is capable of, I would be hard pressed to find anything like it among the competing offerings for stability, dependablility, features and now price.

The major reason I picked up second PlayBook is for out-of-town/country travel and as a backup for my "precious" given that they are now getting hard to find.

A big plus will be getting BB10 and hopefully BB Secure so I can use the PlayBook's GPS to locate my unit and lock it down if it ever gets lost or stolen.
    03-05-13 10:38 PM
    Dude.. Surface pro. Full windows on a tablet. I love my PB, but the surface pro is sweeet
    03-05-13 10:44 PM
    But yeah, you really can't beat the PlayBooks price. Its almost a joke how great it is for how inexpensive it is
    03-05-13 10:45 PM
    jchaters: just wondering what you thought of the nexus 7?

I just lost my PB tablet 3 days ago too. super bummed. Was looking at alternatives. I thought the Nexus 7 was a solid tablet. No rear camera and no hdmi port, but other than that it seems very versatile.

thanks!
    03-06-13 12:48 AM

I just lost my PB tablet 3 days ago too. super bummed. Was looking at alternatives. I thought the Nexus 7 was a solid tablet. No rear camera and no hdmi port, but other than that it seems very versatile.

thanks!
    I recommend going to the Nexus and android forums and research before you buy, very enlightening.

On another note, I find it ironic that if the PB had been released without a rear camera and HDMI port there would be bashing, predictions of no market and complaints such that has never been heard. Funny ain't it.

OP, excellent choice. I'm in agreement, as I now have three, for different purposes, but had actually tried other tablets again and just wasn't impressed enough to change, even the Windows tablets, of which I was sure I would settle with as an auxiliary tablet.
    sdk1 and AT_Nepal like this.
    03-06-13 01:03 AM

thanks!
    My 2 cents... I have owned a Nexus 7 tablet on 3 separate occasions. Returned 2 to the store and sold the other on Kijiji. For me, Android was the issue. I have tried Android on a few different tablets and phones, and I just don't like it. That's a personal opinion. You may love Android. Just keep your receipt as you can always return it within a 2 week period. QNX is the best OS on any tablet I have used.
    AT_Nepal likes this.
    03-06-13 08:19 AM
    ...Well today I bought my new tablet another 64 GB playbook, had to go to KIJIJI but got one. I am fully convinced there are no better. just my two cents. Jim
    I was so sure this was going to end badly. Great effort...hopefully with BBRY's resurrection there will be others who do their research, save some money, and get the best bang for their buck (or loonie).
    03-06-13 11:15 AM
    I researched tons before buying the Playbook also. Once you research and go with your instinct, you cannot go wrong no matter what anyone else tells you to do. You made the right choice for YOU!
    03-06-13 05:05 PM

thanks!
    Loosing the PB is bad enough but the super bumming!!!

Can you sit down yet?
    03-06-13 05:09 PM