[Update]: FOUND IT ! http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...2/#post6824384

Unfortunately, it doesn't have playbook protect to trace it down

Anyway... I'm probably going to buy a new one because.. I love playbook but!

If anyone somehow is out there and found a playbook with SN 1343 4205 6763, I'll trade them with a new playbook sealed or another prize on my find playbook website ;;

Find Mai PlayBook | Find my playbook please ;; Toronto

Help me find !!

Lemme know if you guys find it D:!
    Last edited by Maiev; 11-21-11 at 05:22 PM.
    chiefbroski and RabidCaribou like this.
    10-11-11 11:53 PM
    Best of luck to you!
    10-12-11 12:06 AM
    Try to use the playbook video chat from somebody's playbook to connect to yours, if the video chat already setup and there no password on your playbook, maybe somebody found it.
    10-12-11 12:49 AM

If anyone somehow is out there and found a playbook with SN 1343 4205 6763, I'll trade them with a new playbook sealed or another prize on my find playbook website ;;

Help me find !!

Hmmmm. Does your PlayBook have BBX (aka PlayBook Tablet OS 2) on it?

j/k hope you find it!
    10-12-11 12:54 AM
    Try to use the playbook video chat from somebody's playbook to connect to yours, if the video chat already setup and there no password on your playbook, maybe somebody found it.
    That is definitely an idea

If I find it with video chat, I'll definitely hook u up with the prize xD
    10-12-11 01:56 AM
    Hmmmm. Does your PlayBook have BBX (aka PlayBook Tablet OS 2) on it?

j/k hope you find it!
    I did play with OS2 :< lol 2.0.0.3364 xD but it wasn't on the playbook that I lost ;;
    10-12-11 01:57 AM

Help me find !!

That sucks....I will re-post this to my Facebook page...to get the word out there in support...
    10-12-11 02:27 AM
    Weird thing is I had a dream last night that I lost mine at the Rogers Centre...spooky!
    10-12-11 07:10 AM
    hmmm...you might try posting some of those "LOST" flyers around town - y'know, with a pic of the device, the name it answers to, and maybe where it was last seen...? Sometimes, the "REWARD" flyers can be effective, as well...either way, include the name it answers to, b/c if someone comes by a lost/scared PlayBook, you'd hate for it to run away from a potential rescuer...

Oh man, scary thought - I hope the Technology Shelter folks don't come across it first - I've heard they put devices down due to overcrowding...speaking of which, maybe you should try calling up Technology Rescue organizations...you might get lucky.

Wow, I think I'm gonna go make sure my PlayBook's collar and ID tag are safe and secure...

G'luck!
    10-12-11 10:56 AM
    hmmm...you might try posting some of those "LOST" flyers around town - y'know, with a pic of the device, the name it answers to, and maybe where it was last seen...? Sometimes, the "REWARD" flyers can be effective, as well...either way, include the name it answers to, b/c if someone comes by a lost/scared PlayBook, you'd hate for it to run away from a potential rescuer...

Oh man, scary thought - I hope the Technology Shelter folks don't come across it first - I've heard they put devices down due to overcrowding...speaking of which, maybe you should try calling up Technology Rescue organizations...you might get lucky.

Wow, I think I'm gonna go make sure my PlayBook's collar and ID tag are safe and secure...

G'luck!
    Was doing it till it rained... sigh :3

I just wish RIM put something in place to help ppl recover lost playbook or at least remote wipe ;;
    10-12-11 04:21 PM
    The prize if I find it is... IT'S MINE!!! Hee hee hee j/k
    Hope you find it.

At least if you lose your phone you can call it and hope an honest soul answers it. That has gotten my phone back twice.

Playbook needs a messaging service that alerts the holder where to call to return it - even if it's password protected, but then it would have to be in wifi range...
    Developers?
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 10-12-11 at 04:51 PM.
    10-12-11 04:49 PM

Help me find !!

But if you're willing to reward with a new playbook why not just buy yourself a new playbook? Vital data?
    10-12-11 04:53 PM
    Wow, sure hope you find it. I would take the scenic plane ride for a prize even if I didn't already own a PlayBook. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-12-11 05:05 PM
    But if you're willing to reward with a new playbook why not just buy yourself a new playbook? Vital data?
    Not at all, if anything, blackberry bridge definitely saved the data. only pictures, google reader lol... and ebooks

But.. if I'm going to buy another, then hehe why not test to see if Twitter people really can find stuff. I heard it's done before ! I have faith in twitter!
    10-12-11 05:28 PM
    All the best to sad to see you lost your PB ...hey but dont give up maybe some one will see your post and it will bring back to you.
    Im imagine how you feel without the PB, i didn't had mine for 2 Days and it was weird looking on to my small browser on torch 9810.

PS: I just send a couple of tweets to my Followers maybe they will reTweet.
    10-12-11 05:54 PM
    All the best to sad to see you lost your PB ...hey but dont give up maybe some one will see your post and it will bring back to you.
    Im imagine how you feel without the PB, i didn't had mine for 2 Days and it was weird looking on to my small browser on torch 9810.

PS: I just send a couple of tweets to my Followers maybe they will reTweet.
    Thanks crackberry members love being in the blackberry family :3 despite all the.... unlucky stuff :3
    10-12-11 09:22 PM
    Not at all, if anything, blackberry bridge definitely saved the data.
    Exactly what I wanted to hear you say.
    Hear that all you native PIM peeps?

(Pssstt ...buy a phone Shhhh!)
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 10-12-11 at 11:41 PM.
    10-12-11 11:36 PM
    I've never understood why they never made Blackberry Protect compatable with the PlayBook.

Mike
    10-12-11 11:49 PM
    I've never understood why they never made Blackberry Protect compatable with the PlayBook.

Because it uses wifi only? Not sure how bb protect works but thought it required 3G.
    10-13-11 02:45 AM
    Because it uses wifi only? Not sure how bb protect works but thought it required 3G.
    But even on wifi you could remotely back it up, lock it, wipe it or display a message to return with a reward using the Blackberry Protect. it offers more than just locating a BB device.

Mikd
    10-13-11 03:53 AM
    *Sigh* I feel your pain. I lost my original one a couple of months ago. I just recently bought a new one.
    10-13-11 09:04 AM
    Mine is set to backup over Wifi only so that is not a limitation.
    10-13-11 10:52 AM
    Side note: 10 unsuccessful password tries will make security wipe append.

This means that to setup it again, user will have to give its blackberry account.
    I do not doubt that RIM is associating unique S/N of the PB with the AppWorld acount (to manage the PB rights in terms of Apps use).
    I'll give a try calling RIM to declare the lost ... even if they can't do anything, they have the power to monitor its use. But, if it has been sold, things might become difficult.

Do you all wonder why i bother with a password ? A once-in-30 minutes 4 taps code ... protect yourself !

Anyhow, I wish you good luck, I'm in l<3ve with my PB, loosing it ...
    10-13-11 11:42 AM
    I just gave a call to RIM, and no they say they can't do absolutely 100% nothing about lost playbook, not even disable appworld (not that they can make purchases) lol...

Guess you are really screwed if you do lose it :3
    10-13-11 03:03 PM
    But even on wifi you could remotely back it up, lock it, wipe it or display a message to return with a reward using the Blackberry Protect. it offers more than just locating a BB device.

Mikd
    Mine is set to backup over Wifi only so that is not a limitation.
    Just saying the "lost" device has to be connected to wifi. - would the finder likely have the sense/knowledge/ability/wifi access to do this?

cant assume it will be found by a techie, or even someone who knows how to wake up the thing or charge it.
    10-13-11 03:10 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD