Hi,

I lost EVERYTHING on my playbook ... how do I get it back? I dont even have Blac.kberry App world. No folders.

I put what I needed in a folder. I swiped the folder to the top and its gone.

So frustrating!!

Is there a place that I can do a manufactures system update to put the necessaties on the playbook.

Hope someone can help
    05-24-13 08:49 AM
    Hi,

I lost EVERYTHING on my playbook ... how do I get it back? I dont even have Blac.kberry App world. No folders.

I put what I needed in a folder. I swiped the folder to the top and its gone.

So frustrating!!

Is there a place that I can do a manufactures system update to put the necessaties on the playbook.

Hope someone can help
    Restore from Backup. Wait..... you DO backup regularly, right?
    05-24-13 09:00 AM
    No I didnt do it.

I didnt think swiping a folder to the top of screen would delete it
    05-24-13 09:05 AM
    No I didnt do it.

I didnt think swiping a folder to the top of screen would delete it
    Time for a Wipe.
    05-24-13 09:30 AM
    Maybe you did the wrong thing of putting too much/everything in folders and put them on the top?

If so or if not you can try to put everything on it on the top and it will all disappear. Then reboot it and it all should come back.
    05-24-13 09:44 AM
    Okay how do you wipe it out....I dont care that I lost anything. I just want my apps to come back.

and how do you get into "My World" where everything is installed what I downloaded? Thx
    05-24-13 11:15 AM
    How do you reboot??

Maybe you did the wrong thing of putting too much/everything in folders and put them on the top?

If so or if not you can try to put everything on it on the top and it will all disappear. Then reboot it and it all should come back.
    05-24-13 11:15 AM
    As suggested, drag ALL of your icons, one at a time, to the Dock. Each one will disappear. Do that for ALL of them till they all disappear. Then reboot. You can never remove all icons from the dock while reorganizing your dock and icons - it is a BUG which rim has not fixed. Make sure that the ones on the right pane (swipe to the left) are also removed.
    kbz1960 and sad_old_man like this.
    05-24-13 11:31 AM
    How do you reboot??
    Hold power, + and - all at the same time until it restarts or choose restart if the option pops up.
    05-24-13 11:34 AM
    To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    05-24-13 11:44 AM
    I dont have any icons....all is lost

Do you know how to get to "My World"? It has all that I installed on the playbook.
    05-24-13 11:56 AM
    I dont have any icons....all is lost

Do you know how to get to "My World"? It has all that I installed on the playbook.
    Try SWIPING down and tap the GEAR/Settings/Options icon at the upper right. Scroll down to to the 4th item and SELECT Software Updates. Check for updates and see if it offers any. Download them.

Going back - what did you do or what were you doing when you found them all gone? Again, did you try seeing if there were icons off to the RIGHT? Place thumb near the Right Edge and then swipe it to the left. It might reveal more icons.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-24-13 12:18 PM