08-20-13 05:00 PM
43 12
tools
    If the OP is on the Rogers network in Southern Ontario, Rogers has been experiencing similar issues. Great connectivity, but no pages will load. I am now back up and running. I could surf the web on my Playbook through BB bridge, but not with wifi, despite solid green bars.
    09-30-12 06:57 PM
    Hi All its very frustrating.. just posted on another thread.. before finding this one..
    I have same problem..Im sitting 5 feet away from router its a Cisco Lynks 3000 we have 3 laptops 1 Desk top xbox wii and none of them
    loose internet connection they are all wi-fi...but the ply book its a champ on loosing it at least 6 times a day
    the router its set on channel 1, it cycle the g,n, etc, automatically, Im using a wep2 personal
    any idea please ...
    and thank you
    10-08-12 04:30 PM
    Hi All its very frustrating.. just posted on another thread.. before finding this one..
    I have same problem..Im sitting 5 feet away from router its a Cisco Lynks 3000 we have 3 laptops 1 Desk top xbox wii and none of them
    loose internet connection they are all wi-fi...but the ply book its a champ on loosing it at least 6 times a day
    the router its set on channel 1, it cycle the g,n, etc, automatically, Im using a wep2 personal
    any idea please ...
    and thank you
    Have you installed the latest firmware for it? Linksys E3000
    10-08-12 04:53 PM
    My wifi now stays connected MUCH BETTER since PB OS 2.1 update. I dunno if it degrades after some weeks, but now after 2 full days use I can see the difference. In MY case it's an improvement. Hope many of you would benefit as well.

Overview about goodies and baddys of 2.1 update see here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-2-1-a-748131/

(If I overlooked something that many people reported about, please let me know. Issues (the really important ones, dont want a one million entries list), Improvements and solutions.)

Ray
    10-08-12 06:26 PM
    You could load Connectify on a laptop if you have one running Windows 7 which has a suitable wifi card and get a wifi hot spot from it which you could use for your Blackberry. Another possibility is using WPA2 personal for the encryption. If you don't have trouble with other wifi hot spots would seem likely that your router and BBPB don't get along which may be cured by a change in router settings. I guess everyone knows you can get a lot of information on your. Wifi signal and the internet connection using the gear icon. May not help but you can check the signal strength your PB is seeing. It may not be as high as you think.
    10-08-12 06:35 PM
    I have trouble with the pb dropping the wifi as well. Most of the time I can just click and reconnect, but not always. Can't figure out why it also drops with out warning when all the other connected device's don't have the same issue.
    same here .. I use clearwire .. a wifi hotspot device called clearspot. we have 2 wiis, windows 7, bb8520, bb pb 2.1, iphone 4s, htc windows 7.5, and a pandigital tablet. only the playbook is having issues...

I notice an alert called "up.jpg" and "personal_20_web...." an android alert in the top left of the playbook. only started doing that when I tried using an outlook cqlandar app....and trying to sync my outlook to my playbook (which I almost figired out except it failed when pushing back to the pc. )

I dunno if its playbook or from ke just screwing sometjing up.
    10-19-12 04:23 AM
    and what is tje dhcp lease duration in my router settings. it was set for 1 hour. now I changed it to 10. I dunno guess ill see if that fixes the prob.
    10-19-12 04:39 AM
    its doing its stilll. I got a screen shot but when I go to add a picture with tbis reply no pictures show... uuuuuugh. freakin android player is my best guess...
    10-19-12 06:29 AM
    Losing internet despite strong wifi signal-img_00000023.jpg

i hate the little droid dude now... uuurg
    10-19-12 09:30 AM
    Looks android has taken over your pb. Do you sideload?
    10-19-12 09:45 AM
    I had a problem, that I would intermittently lose the internet. My router was using a draft-N std, I switched to G and have never lost it since...I think the complete N std, works fine if you have it, but the draft-n versions are sketchy...
    I also had the problem and was getting 3-4 drops per day. I changed my router to a/b/g mode instead of b/g/n and not one drop since. My router was draft N so project x's comment makes sense to me. Unless you have screaming fast broadband you will see no difference in data transfer speeds. Might not work so good if you stream media content over local WLAN.
    10-19-12 09:54 AM
    removing as much crap as i can via desktop, without hacking into the main boot files but thats where the droid plays is.

so just gonna physiclly delete the old side loaded and ( even some app world android apps)... clean my folders out...back up...the reboot the pb.. ( if u plug in the pb as its rebooting it will promt to update) and hopefully its a good update.lol...or a repair.

PB should have a setting on it to turn OFF android player...
    10-19-12 10:10 AM
    if you havent already, check this thread out http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...3/#post7684448
    10-19-12 10:12 AM
    You do know updating thru dm you will lose everything other than default apps? All your files etc will be gone.
    10-19-12 10:43 AM
    it did an updatebut said no updates to install ( as I have 2.1.0.1032 already).

but guess what....allll my issues are gone now. I deleted all y android apps and low n behold...battery isn't draining now....my browser isn't lagging now..my wifi is at full strength...keyboards is werking beautifully... I'm sorry but rim messed up by the android player....what's worse, some people don't understand it, and end up blaming blackberrys software...when its just the damn android messing up the os.
    10-19-12 11:42 AM
    I'm having connection issues too. Have noticed it started when I switched from a 2.4GHz network to a 5GHz one.
    Probably this is the main issue, I read another post with a similar comment. So I will switch back to 2.4 and see how it goes.
    By the way.... Other problem besides losing connection is the speed. Several times I have noticed a huge freeze and when testing the speed it was horrible. I thought it was my router, but after checking different things I noticed it was solved by resting the PB. This shouldn't be happening. Hope it gets solved in a next OS release.
    10-21-12 05:50 AM
    My Dad had the same problem. Looking at his PB there should not have been any problem, signal strength was good, settings were correct but his connection kept dropping or even failed to load. Resetting the router fixed it and he hasn't had a recurrence yet, going on a month or so.
    Hi there could u possible talk me through ressetting the router... got pb new and this has happened me since my last update wudn b great with technology
    08-20-13 04:37 PM
    Hi there could u possible talk me through ressetting the router... got pb new and this has happened me since my last update wudn b great with technology
    Just turn the router off, wait maybe 30 seconds, and then turn it back on.
    08-20-13 05:00 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD