hi guys,
    this past week I seem to lose my bridge icons every couple days. Used to happen every couple weeks, now it's more frequently.
    In order to bring the icons back, I have to run the bridge software on my Torch and again on my PB. A "code" pops up that has to be entered on my PB, then the icons reappear.

This is really frickin annoying. Any ideas as to what is causing the bridge icons to disappear?
    06-05-12 08:24 AM
    Have you deleted the bridge app on the phone, reboot, remove the pairing from the PB in bridge, reboot, reinstall bridge app on phone, reboot, repair thru setup and barcode scan?
    06-05-12 09:06 AM
    I just reboot the playbook. Then I'm good. I wouldn't go through and delete/add the bridge again.
    06-05-12 09:16 AM
    Have you deleted the bridge app on the phone, reboot, remove the pairing from the PB in bridge, reboot, reinstall bridge app on phone, reboot, repair thru setup and barcode scan?
    I will do the full setup if it loses the icons again. Seems to me it got worse after the last Bridge Software update for my Torch, but I don't know how to go back in versions to test.
    06-05-12 09:39 AM
    I just reboot the playbook. Then I'm good. I wouldn't go through and delete/add the bridge again.
    Good until next time it happens? You might also try turning bt off and on again.
    06-05-12 09:39 AM
    I have this happen fairly regularly too, sometimes daily, the icons are still there (text is present underneath and you can still click on and use them) so it's a cosmetic bug really. A reboot fixes the issue.

Russ.
    Hgouck likes this.
    06-05-12 09:41 AM
    Rroyy.com I think has older bridge versions.
    06-05-12 09:44 AM
    I have this happen fairly regularly too, sometimes daily, the icons are still there (text is present underneath and you can still click on and use them) so it's a cosmetic bug really. A reboot fixes the issue.

Russ.
    in my case, the icons are gone.
    06-05-12 10:07 AM
    hi guys,
    this past week I seem to lose my bridge icons every couple days. Used to happen every couple weeks, now it's more frequently.
    In order to bring the icons back, I have to run the bridge software on my Torch and again on my PB. A "code" pops up that has to be entered on my PB, then the icons reappear.

This is really frickin annoying. Any ideas as to what is causing the bridge icons to disappear?
    You could try turning the missing service off and on again in the bridge app.
    On the phone click the bridge app-blackberry button-device properties-then uncheck a service-save. Go back, check the service and save again. My guess is its an issue with the app on the telling the PB what icons to display.

I have an annoying issue pairing to multiple BB phones. The PB doesn't remember the icon placement. When I switch to a different phone it places all the bridge icons in a "blackberry bridge" folder. Sometimes on the second page and out of view. I then have to place the icons I want back on the dock.
    06-05-12 10:15 AM
    I have it happen every once in a while. No idea what triggers it. The other day I had a BLANK GRAY BOX in the DOCK which was the Bridge folder. And in that folder, the icons were missing but as noted by some, the text was there and they all worked. One of those odd cosmetic bugs I can live with and/or restart to fix. I have less problem with it than the lack of Folder support in the apps!
    06-05-12 10:29 AM
    I get the impression that since all the software updates, if I do a re-start of my PB and my Torch is not in the vicinity, then the bridge software is deleted.
    So I guess I have to make sure I only do re-starts when my Torch is nearby.
    mszbzltn likes this.
    06-05-12 12:37 PM
    hi guys,

I've no idea what causes them to disappear periodically but I agree it's really annoying. I rebooted my Playbook the first couple of times it happened and they reappeared but then I got tired of doing that so just left them vanished. I believe it started happening after the upgrade as it was never a problem before then.
    Hgouck likes this.
    06-05-12 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD