Anyone having issues with a loose fitting hdmi port on their Playbook?
    05-17-11 06:29 PM
    My mini usb is loose and some others have said same thing. Weird.
    05-17-11 06:33 PM
    All my connections are tight including the magnetic docking port. It shouldn't be loose and if it is giving you any problems with connecting or disconnecting, the best thing to do would be to exchange it right away.
    05-17-11 06:57 PM
    The smallest movement of my Playbook I loose connection to TV. wished there was a tighter fitting cable. I've tried two different cables. First one was a Belkin, junk. Second was a Avio. Better.
    05-17-11 06:59 PM
    Thanks for the replies. Returning with an exchange may be the answer.
    05-17-11 07:02 PM
    I was experiencing this yesterday... It kept on connecting and disconnecting.

Now, if I really press the cable in, it connects for like 15 secs and it disconnects again.. I thought it was my cheap cable until I read this post.
    05-17-11 07:06 PM
    I was experiencing this yesterday... It kept on connecting and disconnecting.

Now, if I really press the cable in, it connects for like 15 secs and it disconnects again.. I thought it was my cheap cable until I read this post.
    the good thing about digital cables (opposed to analog) is that it either works or doesnt work, not half and half.
    05-17-11 07:10 PM
    You think my unit is defective?
    05-17-11 07:37 PM
    id say so, both mine fit snug, just like on the tv. so exchange it while you can.
    05-17-11 07:47 PM
    I have the same issue with the cable I got from Staples, and I suspect it's the cable, not the PlayBook.
    05-17-11 10:29 PM
    i suspect the cable also.mine is doing the same thing on and off.cheap cables.
    05-17-11 10:41 PM
    I doubt a cheap cable is to blame as the hardware and specks are all standard. If you are connected and the slightest wiggle or movement causes you to loose connection, then this is probably a faulty unit. I have a cheap cable as well as a cheap micro hdmi adapter and the only way my connection breaks is if I unplug it, or push or pull the cord side to side at the point of connection. If it is not too much trouble bring the playbook back to the store where you bought it and bring the cord. You can try your cord on a demo model to make sure it is not the problem.
    05-17-11 10:57 PM
    To be clear, this is not a playbook design problem. In my case, all my connections are rock solid. In mass production of anything there are always defective parts, units and flaws, but it is up to each unit to be carefully tested and pass through quality control, before it is shipped from the factory. The customer is either right or wrong about the problem, but exchanging it for a new unit at this point, should not be a problem.
    Last edited by Schlymer; 05-17-11 at 11:11 PM.
    05-17-11 11:08 PM
    Well it's too late for the exchange. I'll try another cable and see what happens. If else fails, I'll take the next step.
    05-17-11 11:38 PM
    Good luck. If it is not the cable after all, things like that are covered under warranty and you have 90 days from purchase.
    05-18-11 12:22 AM
    Got new cables and it's working again!
    05-20-11 06:48 PM
    Yesterday, i got new micro HDMI to HDMI cable and tested with Playbook and working fine perfectly. But after half an hour, while HDMI is connected, i plug my micro usb charger to recharge and suddenly my TV shows no signal. I have checked under HDMI setting of Playbook and it shows connected but noting on TV. I then plug my HDMI from Laptop to TV and it is working well. Today, I went to shop and changed new cable but when I connect again, it is the same problem. Playbook says connected but there is no signal on TV. Does someone have the same issues? Please advice if you could help. Thanks a lot.
    05-31-11 09:08 AM
    Does it work if you are NOT also charging at the same time? UNplug the charger and try the hdmi. Work? Plug in the charger. Now what happens?
    05-31-11 10:00 AM
    hi F2, it does not work either. i've just wipe my playbook and start everything from the scratch but no luck . might be an issues with my playbook hdmi output.
    05-31-11 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD