Looks like I will have withdrawals for the next couple of weeks. My Playbook has issues with wifi and it looks like it is hardware related problem. Playbook has poor signal reception. One or two bars in the same room with wireless router. Moving playbook to another room means loosing connection. I am disappointed with quality. This things should not happen that quickly.

Anyways,

I called RIM technical support to report the problem and obtain RMA. I have mixed feelings about RIM's RMA process. For one thing I do not get it why RIM does not have option to ship refurbished unit first and why i have to ship my playbook and wait for up to two weeks. I spent over an hour with the technician on the phone. First I was told that there was really nothing they could do for me and it was likely that if i do send playbook for repairs they might not be able to replicate the issue. Finally they elevated my case to "analyst" to do some additional tests over the phone. Here comes the cool part which is that I can send a log file to RIM and they can analyze it as I am waiting on the phone. Eventually they determined that there "might" be problem with the tablet after all. Now i am waiting for shipping package from RIM. Hopefully the two week wait will be worth it and they will fix my tablet properly.
    10-05-12 07:46 PM
    Hopefully, it will be quicker. Mine was replaced by a new unit so the turnaround was actually 5 days, total. Shipped late Thurs, back on Tues.
    10-06-12 10:35 AM
    Hopefully, it will be quicker. Mine was replaced by a new unit so the turnaround was actually 5 days, total. Shipped late Thurs, back on Tues.
    you mean refurbished unit ?

Sent from Blackberry 9810 with Crackberry forum app
    10-06-12 12:38 PM
    Doesn't RIM offer an advance exchange with a refundable charge to a credit card?
    10-06-12 01:16 PM
    As best I can tell, they shipped me a NEW unit. It had a different Serial Number, and showed no signs of any use.
    10-06-12 01:53 PM
    at least you are willing to ship it for repair eh. =)
    10-06-12 02:00 PM