It seems BB10 is going to launch on Jan 30th... Great... Cant wait.... Hope to get the developer beta version for PlayBook much before that...
    11-12-12 09:59 AM
    Its not launching on that date, it's just being announced.
    11-12-12 10:00 AM
    On the 30th of January, BB10 OS is going to be unveiled, not the phones.

For PlayBook's, i suspect a BB10 beta update after Jan 30th and be officially released by late March.
    11-12-12 10:09 AM
    i expects PB will not see official bb10 til after march. They will release the first phone in feb and the next a little while after i think so sometime in march you MIGHT see a beta for the PB but that might be pushing it
    11-12-12 10:13 AM
    Kind off subject...sort of......RIM stated BB10 phones would be out in the first quarter of 2013.
    In financial terms, isn't the first quarter April, May and June? I know many corporation's fiscal year ends in March and a new year begins in April.
    Maybe RIM is different, can anyone enlighten us?
    11-12-12 10:26 AM
    They are not going by financial terms. Its calendar months.
    DC506 likes this.
    11-12-12 10:31 AM
    They are not going by financial terms. Its calendar months.
    Thanks. That sounds better than April.
    11-12-12 10:49 AM
    Wouldn't it be nice if they settle all family business on that date. How about "oh and one more thing...PB gets BB10 on..."
    11-12-12 11:05 AM
    If this road map is right I think we have our answer

Sent from my BOLD or maybe my soon to be BB10 PlayBook
    11-12-12 11:20 AM
    On the 30th of January, BB10 OS is going to be unveiled, not the phones.

For PlayBook's, i suspect a BB10 beta update after Jan 30th and be officially released by late March.
    Did you read the press release? RIM is unveiling the full touchscreen and QWERTY BlackBerry 10 devices on January 30th. They will show off details of the OS and Hardware, and announce availability dates, carriers, and pricing.

WIth the amount of times that RIM has had brutal product launches, I almost guarantee that the devices will be for sale within less than 2 weeks, maybe even within days of January 30th. For Thorsten to go on stage and say, BlackBerry 10 will go on sale at midnight tonight - would look excellent upon him and the company.
    11-12-12 11:27 AM
    That would be great for RIM, T.HEINS, & of course us
    11-12-12 04:56 PM
    I agree. If they happen to announce that BB10 goes on sale within 24hours or even February 1st, consumers and media will go in a frenzy thus boosting their share value.
    11-12-12 04:59 PM
    Yup I think if they weren't going to launch at the same time as the unveils or soon after, the date for the unveiling would have been moved closer to the launch. Why announce something that's been pushed back over and over again only to make people wait another 2 to 3 months? I believe the phones will launch either the same day as the unveiling or within one week afterwards. As for PlayBook they have been " taking the necessary time to make sure it works right " already so depending on how things are going with that internally will dictate when we see BlackBerry10 released for PlayBook. I suspect a beta for PlayBook soon after the phones touchdown.

I for one cannot wait to see the built in photo and video editing. It's supposed to be some pretty sweet stuff
    11-12-12 05:05 PM
    WIth the amount of times that RIM has had brutal product launches, I almost guarantee that the devices will be for sale within less than 2 weeks, maybe even within days of January 30th. For Thorsten to go on stage and say, BlackBerry 10 will go on sale at midnight tonight - would look excellent upon him and the company.
    I think you are confusing Apple product launch announcements with Research In Motion. They had midnight madness sales at the launch of BlackBerry PlayBook which did not work so well in hindsight. I remember people posting messages about pre-ordering the tablet in advance of April 19, 2011, and not receiving them until two weeks after the in-store buyers got their BlackBerry PlayBooks.

I anticipate Rogers Communications setting the contract pricing and off-contract pricing in the stratosphere (CAD599.00 on 3 year contract, CAD799.00 with no contract). Since monthly fees in Canada are the same on-contract or off-contract there is usually little reason to purchase a BlackBerry off-contract.
    11-12-12 05:14 PM
    I think you are confusing Apple product launch announcements with Research In Motion. They had midnight madness sales at the launch of BlackBerry PlayBook which did not work so well in hindsight. I remember people posting messages about pre-ordering the tablet in advance of April 19, 2011, and not receiving them until two weeks after the in-store buyers got their BlackBerry PlayBooks.

I anticipate Rogers Communications setting the contract pricing and off-contract pricing in the stratosphere (CAD599.00 on 3 year contract, CAD799.00 with no contract). Since monthly fees in Canada are the same on-contract or off-contract there is usually little reason to purchase a BlackBerry off-contract.
    I think your pricing guesstimate is WAY off.... There's no way they'd sell them at $599 with a 3yr contract. Even the 64GB iPhone5 is $379 with a 3yr and $899 no contract at Rogers.
    11-12-12 05:21 PM
    I'm sorry, but you just pulled those numbers out of nowhere....far as I know there has never been a cell phone sell for $599 WITH a 3 year contract. So I'm not sure what motivates you to think the L series will be. RIM will not let carriers render this a failure. The devices will be priced competitively, that is a no brainer.
    11-13-12 12:35 AM
    That’s great news than being in a dark room…

Anyway, I’m really interested with BB10 because I want to know how RIM will convert “innovative features” combined with a “best in class browser”, “a rich application ecosystem” and “cutting-edge multimedia capabilities” promises into tangible user’s experiences i.e. not as emotional feel or perception but rather something that can be measured and factually supported. As my prof said, you cannot manage something you cannot measure”…
    11-13-12 03:56 AM
    v1.0 of BB10 will be buggy and awful, if it's anything like.. well.. everything RIM has ever released in its history. I'll be waiting for v1.1.
    11-13-12 02:27 PM
    v1.0 of BB10 will be buggy and awful, if it's anything like.. well.. everything RIM has ever released in its history. I'll be waiting for v1.1.
    Thats stupid, since when has any company released an os that wasn't buggy? Heck the newest androids are STILL buggy!imo, If anything bb10 will be an exception, they have had well over two years to work on it...

Sent from my BOLD or maybe my soon to be BB10 PlayBook
    11-14-12 07:08 PM
    Also to add that the GOLD SDKs are On time and BUG fixes are on time for December so pretty dure that RIM is trying to make this a Fully baked product so exceptional to the public eye they won't believe it.
    11-14-12 07:19 PM