Seamless integration with the Pre phone. Looks kinda cool, actually, the Touch-to-Share feature (you just touch the phone to the Pad and everything transfers over) is also interesting.

Can't wait to see how the PB holds up!
    02-09-11 01:17 PM
    Pre phones all = FAIL. No 4G for Verizon, and the screens are small. Even the 3.6" is small by today's new standards. If one likes the WebOS UI, they can choose a PB (presuming they prefer BB over the Pre). Personally, I love the UI, and RIM has copied the cool features of it.
    02-09-11 01:19 PM
    I saw that on engadget. WebOS looks like's like RIMs OS. It will be able to talk to the Pre but still will have it's own email/calendar etc which is what I said RIM should have done from the start.

HP/Palm is going to make people think that the PB copied them.

They're also making a 7" version. Seems like things are heating up.

Still show me the prices. I'm just not going to spend a ton on any tablet
    Last edited by Daps; 02-09-11 at 01:23 PM.
    02-09-11 01:21 PM
    I saw that on engadget. WebOS looks like's like RIMs OS. It will be able to talk to the Pre but still will have it's own email/calendar etc which is what I said RIM should have done from the start.

People are going to come in screaming that RIM copied WebOS. Just so you know.
    02-09-11 01:24 PM
    The integration only works when one of the devices is attached to the Touchstone. That's not really that functional.
    02-09-11 01:25 PM
    I heard that win they first showed the OS for PB. They are very similar. Didn't RIM get the people who did WebOS UI to do the PB?

I'm tired of hearing specs, show me the price on these things.
    02-09-11 01:26 PM
    The integration only works when one of the devices is attached to the Touchstone. That's not really that functional.
    Huh? How is that different from the PB/BB? Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.
    02-09-11 01:28 PM
    Huh? How is that different from the PB/BB? Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.
    Yes, you are. Do you know what the Touchstone is?
    02-09-11 01:37 PM
    It is quite amusing the way some of the blogs are happy to tout this as a good thing, but then some of those same blogs turn around and have a go at rim for the blackberry bridge stuff.
    02-09-11 01:44 PM

*faceplam*

You realize WebOS was out way before RIM even acquired QNX right?

Even I can agree that the PB stole WebOS ideas.
    02-09-11 01:45 PM
    Yes, you are. Do you know what the Touchstone is?
    Nope too many terms over the last few days.
    I just looked it up and I'm guessing it's some type of dock or something. So yea I can see that as being useless, well not very useful

After going back again and looking it looks like you just lay the pre on the touchpad and they some how talk to each. I'll have to see a demo
    02-09-11 01:47 PM
    It's too bad it won't be out until the summer, so whoever actually stole whose idea (I do agree PB borrowed alot of WebOS), the public will see the PB as the first.
    02-09-11 01:49 PM
    Seriously? That's kind of useless isn't it
    02-09-11 01:49 PM
    *faceplam*

You realize WebOS was out way before RIM even acquired QNX right?

Even I can agree that the PB stole WebOS ideas.
    Keep your facepalm to yourself. I was just mentioning the similarities and yes I know WebOS was out 1st. Big whoop
    02-09-11 01:50 PM
    It's too bad it won't be out until the summer, so whoever actually stole whose idea (I do agree PB borrowed alot of WebOS), the public will see the PB as the first.
    I agree, because Palm's advertising team was absoultely terrible. A huge reason why WebOS failed.

If I wasn't a tech geek, I would never known about the Palm Pre, honestly. I have NEVER seen a commerical on television.
    02-09-11 01:53 PM
    Wow, I didn't know the Touchstone part. Why the **** does every device that comes out have to do something stupid?!? Why can't someone come out with a damn perfect device!
    02-09-11 01:53 PM
    If they did that, they wouldn't be able to sell you the next model

ETA: All tablets function pretty much the same. Each company is trying to throw their own little uniqueness into their product to make it stand out and be the reason you choose theirs over a competitor.
    gregorylkelly likes this.
    02-09-11 01:55 PM
    Palm and everything palm related doesn't fall under my radar... Integrating the tablet and the phone may well be the future.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-11 01:56 PM
    I have to admit I was following the live feed on Engadget and the HP Tablet looks pretty cool. Seems similiar to RIM's Playbook. I like it more then the Xoom or iPad. I think before making a decision on what to buy I will wait till summer and see what works best for me.
    02-09-11 02:42 PM
    Pre phones still exist?
    02-09-11 02:50 PM
    Such a big bezel and no gestures? PB stole the idea for that from the Pre, and HP doesn't even do it on their own tablet? fail.
    02-09-11 02:57 PM
    Pre phones all = FAIL. No 4G for Verizon, and the screens are small. Even the 3.6" is small by today's new standards. If one likes the WebOS UI, they can choose a PB (presuming they prefer BB over the Pre). Personally, I love the UI, and RIM has copied the cool features of it.
    I don't know about that. The existing Pre are POS hardware-wise I agree. But we don't know how bad/good these just-announced phones are. The specs are okay. 3.6" is actually bigger than the BB Torch and resolution is much better.

About the touch-to-share, maybe I just don't get it but looks more like a gimmicky feature than anything else.

Summer release is a big failure. iPad 2 will probably be out by that time and no one will care about HP TouchPad. Way too similar to an iPad/2, not many people will choose HP over Apple. Only an 7" may have a chance (but it wasn't announced?!).
    02-09-11 03:22 PM
    Such a big bezel and no gestures? PB stole the idea for that from the Pre, and HP doesn't even do it on their own tablet? fail.
    I said the same thing. If you look at the video it looks and acts just like the Ipad. No gesture area, a one button system to get back to the home screen, and it seems every port, speaker, and button is in the exact same place as the Ipad. Not to mention the screen size and resolution are the same as well. I don't care what people say about who copied who the above mentioned things makes the this a fail.
    02-09-11 03:32 PM
    Has anyone looked at the multi-taking on the HP touchpad, it looks pale in comparison to the PB. QNX is far superior to any of the competitors out there, parallelism is the bread and butter of QNX and I have no doubt in saying RIM has a killer OS and it will be best mobile OS when QNX is ported on to their phones. QNX has flash integrated better than any of the competitors out there, also we may not see the flash app's on any other platform as fluid as that on the PB.

I liked the UI on the webOS and some of which are direct ripoff from iOS. IMHO Touchpad will fare well and will be a nice competitor to the iPad (common enemy of all platfoms )
    02-09-11 03:36 PM
    Has anyone looked at the multi-taking on the HP touchpad, it looks pale in comparison to the PB. QNX is far superior to any of the competitors out there, parallelism is the bread and butter of QNX and I have no doubt in saying RIM has a killer OS and it will be best mobile OS when QNX is ported on to their phones. QNX has flash integrated better than any of the competitors out there, also we may not see the flash app's on any other platform as fluid as that on the PB.
    Was there a video of the TouchPad's multi-tasking ability? I only saw the video on Engadget but I don't think true multi-tasking was shown on that video, more like task switching.
    02-09-11 03:42 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD