Yes, noobie, plenty of threads on most everything but I can't find something on the basic.

Is it as simple as drag and drop from my laptop?
    03-01-12 06:12 AM
    That's what I did! Worked fine!
    71 GS likes this.
    03-01-12 06:19 AM
    Personally I just put the file I want onto my Dropbox account and copy it from there on my PlayBook
    03-01-12 08:17 AM
    Personally I just put the file I want onto my Dropbox account and copy it from there on my PlayBook
    Yeah, I use this as well.. Easiest way and you always have a copy in Dropbox as well.
    03-01-12 08:33 AM
    Yeah, I use this as well.. Easiest way and you always have a copy in Dropbox as well.
    Question. If I use Dropbox, then I assume Dropbox employees can see my files. Do you encrypt your files?
    03-01-12 12:13 PM
    There are several ways to do this. I'm going to show you how to use WiFi since it is easy and does not require a wire. First I'm assuming your PC/Laptop is running Windows. If not, your are on your own.

On the PlayBook main screen, tap the gear in the upper-right corner. Scroll down the left side to Storage & Sharing. On the right side, slide over the Wi-Fi Sharing to on. It will automatically turn on File Sharing and will warn you that you should set a password. Do so if you wish.

Go to your computer and open Network. In the network window look for PLAYBOOK-???? where the ???? is your PB identifier. Open the PLAYBOOK-???? and you should see two folders. Open the one labeled Media. Under there open Documents. Drag and drop the files into the Documents folder. Close all the Windows on your computer. Shut off sharing on your PB if you want. You are done.
    1+ on wifi transfer. I can have tons of files transferring while I'm using the pb.
    Dropbox is good too, but I don't trust their security. I don't want anyone to access my data.
    03-01-12 01:40 PM
    Box.com, DropBox, and Google Docs are all integrated into Files and Folders file manager. Upload your files to your cloud service of choice, then use Files and Folders to copy the files to a local folder on your Playbook.
    Innovatology likes this.
    03-01-12 01:43 PM
    Don't forget Print to Go.
    03-01-12 01:56 PM
    Another note. If you have a Windows Live account in which that means you have Skydrive also. Using the browser. You can go to your Skydrive and download what ever files you want from there also. Since I also have a WP7 phone I have 25gb of storage on Skydive.
    03-01-12 02:56 PM
    There are several ways to do this. I'm going to show you how to use WiFi since it is easy and does not require a wire. First I'm assuming your PC/Laptop is running Windows. If not, your are on your own.

On the PlayBook main screen, tap the gear in the upper-right corner. Scroll down the left side to Storage & Sharing. On the right side, slide over the Wi-Fi Sharing to on. It will automatically turn on File Sharing and will warn you that you should set a password. Do so if you wish.

Go to your computer and open Network. In the network window look for PLAYBOOK-???? where the ???? is your PB identifier. Open the PLAYBOOK-???? and you should see two folders. Open the one labeled Media. Under there open Documents. Drag and drop the files into the Documents folder. Close all the Windows on your computer. Shut off sharing on your PB if you want. You are done.
    How come I can't find Network on my laptop???
    Last edited by 71 GS; 03-01-12 at 09:21 PM.
    03-01-12 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD