hi everyone, im looking for a good deal on a skin case. i would like to get an oem bb skin case but dont want to pay the regular price. does anybody know where i can get one on sale? there are lots of no name skin cases on ebay and other sites but im worried about the fit. i have read that some dont fit quite right and are a little loose and such. so, how bouts it cb-heads?

or if youve bought a cheap one online, does it fit perfect? do you recommend me getting one?

John.
    01-09-12 03:20 PM
    No, I don't recommend non-OEM. Go OEM and you won't be sorry; you get what you pay for. Now, I will make one exception, the Incipio Silicrylic case is one fine piece of kit, and I highly recommend you get one now while they're still on sale for $19.95.

http://www.myincipio.com/Blackberry-...icone-Core.asp
    01-09-12 06:21 PM
    I have to agree with alnamvet68, and suggest you stick with official OEM products with the exception of the Otterbox (great protection).
    01-09-12 06:34 PM
    I am new to the PB so am not sure which skin case you are referring to, but the OEM BB black rubber shell is/was in "clearance" at Staples recently. I was looking for the $13.75 rapid charging pod that was also on clearance at Staples and found the rubber skin case there for $3.75 and I picked one up (too bad I couldnt find the dang charging pod). So I'd suggest you check your local Staples store....
    01-09-12 06:38 PM
    Try Staples, they are on sale for $15. The white ones are the soft rubber, the blue and one of the black ones is the hard vinyl. They have them in the stores and also online. If you check the clearance section, you can also find the hipstreet screen protectors for about $7.

Playbook accessories at Staples
    STAPLES | BUREAU EN GROS

screen protectors
    STAPLES | BUREAU EN GROS
    01-09-12 06:39 PM
    No, I don't recommend non-OEM. Go OEM and you won't be sorry; you get what you pay for. Now, I will make one exception, the Incipio Silicrylic case is one fine piece of kit, and I highly recommend you get one now while they're still on sale for $19.95.

Incipio BlackBerry PlayBook SILICRYLIC Hard Shell Case with Silicone Core, BlackBerry Playbook Cases, BlackBerry Playbook Soft Shell Cases, BlackBerry Playbook Hard Shell Cases, BlackBerry Playbook Protective Covers
    does that incipio case have a glossy/slippery back or sticky "gel"like? it says hard shell so i assume its slippery. i dont like the sticky gel cases.

that case looks pretty awesome. i believe im going to get one.
    01-09-12 06:42 PM
    does that incipio case have a glossy/slippery back or sticky "gel"like? it says hard shell so i assume its slippery. i dont like the sticky gel cases.

that case looks pretty awesome. i believe im going to get one.
    Non glossy, non-slippery back...a dull grey (in my color) soft to the touch velvet like finish, and quite grippy.
    01-09-12 07:19 PM
    i looked at both local staples stores and they only had white or blue, and i want black.

i just purchased the incipio case. i hope its not too sticky, or ill be sellin it. thx for the help crackheads... haha
    01-09-12 07:56 PM
    i looked at both local staples stores and they only had white or blue, and i want black.

i just purchased the incipio case. i hope its not too sticky, or ill be sellin it. thx for the help crackheads... haha
    It's not sticky, you'll love it, and you can thank me later.
    01-10-12 05:25 AM
    Just returned from the Staples store near work and they had the OEM Leather Journal Case on clearance for 19.99.... i guess I got the last one. But still no clearance charging pod
    01-10-12 12:59 PM

I took alnamvet68's advise, bought the Journal case, loved it, ordered the Convertible from Staples for my other PB, and I thanked the dude later
    01-12-12 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD