Hello guys, i just signed up here.

Well i fall in love with blackberry when i bought my Curve 8530 ... then i switched to iphone and now android.

I have been looking for a device that can get my emails very quickly because my business basically runs on emails.

My Blackberry Curve smartphone was the fastest out of the Curve, Iphone and Android i had.

Android is the slowest... the iphone is not that bad. Anyway....

I am looking to buy a Playbook 16GB. But i have seen some posts where i must have a blackberry phone to be able to check my emails on the Playbook.

I want to be able to check my emails by themself on the playbook. I have gmail, yahoo and hotmail accounts (almost 10 accounts total).

Does the Playbook recieves emails as fast as the Blackberry smartphones do??

If emails are very important to me.. would you guys honestly recommend playbook.

I stay in office all day and have wifi connection through out the building.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    10-29-12 12:11 AM
    Hi there,

To answer something you heard: "I am looking to buy a Playbook 16GB. But i have seen some posts where i must have a blackberry phone to be able to check my emails on the Playbook."

This is not true - prior to OS 2.0 if you wanted to check email natively so to speak you would have to use BlackBerry Bridge with a BlackBerry smartphone. However, with OS 2.0 now you have a Native email app which allows you to check emails without a phone. Just make sure you are connected to WiFi

The second question "Does the Playbook recieves emails as fast as the Blackberry smartphones do??

Definitely subjective - personally, I find it receives them just as quick as my BlackBerry. Especially with Gmail, Hotmail accounts, (I don't have a yahoo to test with) I receive them pretty much in sync with my phone.

Hope that helps!
    10-29-12 12:20 AM
    Hello guys, i just signed up here.

Well i fall in love with blackberry when i bought my Curve 8530 ... then i switched to iphone and now android.

I have been looking for a device that can get my emails very quickly because my business basically runs on emails.

My Blackberry Curve smartphone was the fastest out of the Curve, Iphone and Android i had.

Android is the slowest... the iphone is not that bad. Anyway....

I am looking to buy a Playbook 16GB. But i have seen some posts where i must have a blackberry phone to be able to check my emails on the Playbook.

I want to be able to check my emails by themself on the playbook. I have gmail, yahoo and hotmail accounts (almost 10 accounts total).

Does the Playbook recieves emails as fast as the Blackberry smartphones do??

If emails are very important to me.. would you guys honestly recommend playbook.

I stay in office all day and have wifi connection through out the building.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    All I can say is my playbook get the emails first before my imac. And I got 4 emails accounts. It's as fast when the playbook is bridge to a blackberry phone. I got yahoo, Gmail and hotmail accounts.
    10-29-12 12:25 AM
    Yahoo ( also gmail, comcast and hotmail) works fine for me and I like the native email app much more than the Android one on the Nexus 7. If you wish you can also access your mail boxes through one of the available browsers. Unfortunately not Chrome or Firefox. At the current prices the Playbook is a steal.
    10-29-12 12:36 AM
    Thanks for the information. Yes i do agree...the price is a Steal !
    10-29-12 06:41 AM
    you can check email without the phone.

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    10-29-12 07:01 AM
    I have gmail, yahoo and outlook accounts on my PB and on my Nexus 7. The PB receives email almost at the same time as the Nexus.
    10-29-12 07:03 AM