The background is that I went shopping with a friend to help her pick a tablet for her mother's birthday. She ended up getting a Dell Venue Pro 8 64GB with Windows 8.1 including Microsoft Office 2013. The appeal of it was that it had a proper office software package (much like the PlayBook).

I had wanted to buy one myself, but that got me thinking... Is there an app for the PlayBook that will let me use the cloud document functionality of Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive? I do not mind paying $10 (or even $15) for an app to do this, which is a lot less expensive than a new tablet. What I need is basically to be able to edit documents in the cloud from my PlayBook.

At present I am doing this using my 4.3" Android smartphone. That is getting a bit tedious, especially in light of the changes (questionable from an ease of use point of view; too many menus/steps) using Google Drive. I started using Microsoft OneDrive a few days ago to backup my photos from my smartphone (the extra 3 GB of space you get when activating this made me give it a try). I am really enjoying OneDrive, which is great with the Microsoft Office integration. I will be getting the latest version of office, I am using 2010 on my laptop at present, for school (student discount helps) soon.

As an aside, I love my PlayBook and it has served me very well. When it does come time to replace it I will get a Windows 8 tablet. My dad has both the PlayBook and the iPad, but he uses the PlayBook more than the iPad.
    07-09-14 02:29 PM
    ES File Explorer (sideloded) will let you access both Google Drive and Sky Drive. With it, you'll have to download the file to your PB for editing and then upload the file back to the cloud. Alternatively, you could use Kingsoft Office (also sideloded). While Kingsoft has both Google and Sky Drive functionality, on the version I'm using, I'm having issues trying to sign into both Google and Sky Drives. However, I can sign in to both Box and Dropbox with it, and Kingsoft will allow direct editing of documents stored on either Box or Dropbox.
    07-09-14 04:13 PM
    Also I believe the side-loaded app X-plore will connect with OneDrive but not Google Drive

edit: just checked again and saw that Google Drive is listed on my X-plore!
    07-09-14 04:31 PM

edit: just checked again and saw that Google Drive is listed on my X-plore!
    Doesn't work with Google Drive. It looks for a Google account on your PB, doesn't find one, and then gives an error message.
    brookie229 likes this.
    07-09-14 04:41 PM
    The Files & Folders app will sync with Google drive, I believe it is 3 or 4 bucks
    07-09-14 08:16 PM
    Files and Folders works with One Drive and Google Drive
    Files and Folders is about $4
    Great for emailing documents or pictures as attachments

one of the best program for the PB
    07-12-14 08:34 PM
    I used files and folders when I had my PlayBook as well. Still use it on BB10

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 09:06 PM
    I am unsure if you are still looking; however, I use "Storage Made Easy Cloud File Manager" that may be found in AppWorld. It is free and works well to access Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc. The free version comes with 5GB of cloud storage and allow you to manage up to three other providers. You may download, edit then upload as well as use "cloud view" documents. I hope this helps.
    Oglon3r likes this.
    01-15-15 07:02 AM
    Files and folders app.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 07:50 AM