Just wondering how long anyone plays games on the playbook and how much heat it generates? Any long term issues? Just started playing this one game and it seems my PB is getting really hot. Worried enough I took it out of the case while playing now. Biggest concern is should I be worried about long term damage?
    08-26-12 02:34 PM
    It's operating within normal parameters. If there was any possibility of heat damage, the unit would shutdown. The CPU/GPU is passively cooled, so it's bound to get hot, but it's still within manufacturers specs.
    08-26-12 02:35 PM
    If you would like to know the reported internal temp, download the Battery Guru app. The temp isn't reported on screen but when you export the logs you can see it there along with other with other information.
    08-26-12 03:14 PM
    Thanks guys
    08-26-12 03:24 PM
    The only long term damage could be if you held it on your lap while playing! That is where the expression " Great Balls Afire" came about!
    08-26-12 04:57 PM
    Glad to read this. I'm not much of a gamer but I'm totally addicted to the Angry Birds games and Chimpact. Was a little worried about the heat generated. Won't worry anymore - I love the helpful folks here at CrackBerry (lol - "Crackhead" came up as a suggestion while I was typing this ).
    08-26-12 05:24 PM
    Great Little War Game and Galaxy On Fire 2 generate a bit of heat. Oddly, GLWG heats my PB up a lot more than the epic 3D-ness of GOF2. Possibly more math, more pieces to track, and 3D terrain, dunno. But GLWG has, at times, heated the BB logo to the point of being uncomfortable to touch.
    08-26-12 06:07 PM
    Do not charge & play games together.. and don't play with any case or cover if you intend to do so for a long time..

You never know when it can just get really hot to a point of no return.. You would be covered under warranty though to some extent.. But why go through the trouble?

Getting hot is just normal..
    Harryl6134 likes this.
    08-27-12 12:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD