I was cruising the local Walmart and I happened to find a Rapid Charger marked down to $5.00 hanging on a hook looking out of place and lonely. So I thought ah what the heck and bought it. I have needed a better charger for along time, now I have one that once sold for $69.88. I had been thinking about retiring my PlayBook, maybe because I am getting bored with it and a little frustrated now that there is no improvement future for it. So for five bucks I guess old buddy PlayBook will continue to be my Internet cruisin device. There are probably alot of deals for Playbook accessories now. I might even try the Oragami browser.
    07-26-13 06:50 PM
    I was at walmart today and they had them on the clearance but marked at 69.88 still. I was thinking they would be like $10 but i was disappointed
    07-26-13 07:05 PM
    I'd say you're pretty lucky to find any of these accessories still remaining...clearance on those items have long gone. The last accessory i've seen around for the PB was the Bluetooth keyboard for ~$80.

I can't complain about my PB though, got it for $199 on a sale in Canada a couple years ago and haven't regretted it!
    Tim1131 likes this.
    07-26-13 07:07 PM
    I was at walmart today and they had them on the clearance but marked at 69.88 still. I was thinking they would be like $10 but i was disappointed
    You should have had them scan it. Never know what the register is charging for it
    2clever likes this.
    07-26-13 07:17 PM
    Saw a travel charger for $3.00 at office Depot. There was a cover also, didn't get the price on it. I bought this PB a rapid charger on Amazon last week for $14.00 I believe.
    07-26-13 07:22 PM
    My daughter bought me one for Christmas last year. Full price. It would have been brilliant had it been designed so that you could access the HDMI port while using the bloody thing.
    07-26-13 07:25 PM
    My daughter bought me one for Christmas last year. Full price. It would have been brilliant had it been designed so that you could access the HDMI port while using the bloody thing.
    That's why _I_ prefer the TRAVEL version. The other ports remain available.
    07-26-13 08:04 PM
    I guess being older I am not used to the fast EOL for products. We used to buy stuff and use them till things were worn out and unrepairable. My PlayBook still seems new to me so it feels wrong that it is gone already from store displays. Finding a lone artifact of a now antiquated antique for cheap is my only positive spin for input on CrackBerry. Wow - even the PlayBook forum traffic seems way down in numbers and kind of glum. There has to be some good news out there for the faithful-
    07-27-13 10:32 AM
    I guess being older I am not used to the fast EOL for products. We used to buy stuff and use them till things were worn out and unrepairable. My PlayBook still seems new to me so it feels wrong that it is gone already from store displays. Finding a lone artifact of a now antiquated antique for cheap is my only positive spin for input on CrackBerry. Wow - even the PlayBook forum traffic seems way down in numbers and kind of glum. There has to be some good news out there for the faithful-
    My clock radio (hmm, maybe I have to define that phrase) is over 30 years old and still does what I need/want. I can change the alarm time in the dark and it set it on/off easily. I purchased a new one a few years ago for the guest room and it was a maze of completity and MODES. Not the least bit user friendly.

I think this forum will fade as has the 9900/9930 forum. Inevitiable although, I, too, think it due to rim killing it prematurely.
    PTZ likes this.
    07-27-13 11:32 AM