I have noticed that the following UK newspaper sites have become extremely sluggish to respond on the Playbook. As I recall, this was not always the case

The Times of London: The Times | UK News, World News and Opinion
    London Daily Mail: Home | Mail Online

The homepage itself of The Times of London opens reasonably quickly � at least the top part: one has to wait a little longer for the rest of the site to be populated on the screen. However, if I click on a link from the homepage, it can take anything from 40 seconds to never for the new page to appear. The Daily Mail is similarly unresponsive and it can take a minute before a new link opens.

The facility to open a link on a new tab is not available to me on these sites.

Does anyone else have this problem or is it restricted to my particular machine?
    04-05-12 01:08 PM
    Do you have a subscription for The Times? It used to be free but it's now behind a paywall.
    04-05-12 01:56 PM
    Yes, I have a subscription to The Times. The Mail is also giving me problems; have you tried that?
    04-05-12 04:05 PM
    Just tried the Daily Mail website, seems perfectly smooth, took a bit of time loading but is quite image heavy so not unexpected.

Not subscribed to The Times so can't test that (very amused by the idea of The London Times, never heard it called that before, fairly sure it's old enough to have nabbed exclusivity on just The Times )
    04-05-12 06:23 PM
    Best to report this on the beta zone playbook forum
    04-05-12 06:38 PM
    Just tried the Daily Mail website, seems perfectly smooth, took a bit of time loading but is quite image heavy so not unexpected.

Not subscribed to The Times so can't test that (very amused by the idea of The London Times, never heard it called that before, fairly sure it's old enough to have nabbed exclusivity on just The Times )
    Hi gtpointer, thanks for testing the Daily Mail site. The homepage took around 60 seconds to fully load this morning and subsidiary pages around the same time. Is this your experience?

As regards the phrase "London Times", I agree that it does sound strange to UK ears. I chose to refer to it that way as I am aware that there are many newspapers around the world which use the "Times" appellation and that Crackberry has a global user base. It would be nice to think that, by now, The Thunderer would have first call on the name.
    04-09-12 01:29 AM
    Best to report this on the beta zone playbook forum
    Hi toxic17. I am not very experienced on this site. I looked for the beta zone Playbook forum but could not find it.. Could you kindly provide a link?
    04-09-12 01:32 AM
    Hi gtpointer, thanks for testing the Daily Mail site. The homepage took around 60 seconds to fully load this morning and subsidiary pages around the same time. Is this your experience?

As regards the phrase "London Times", I agree that it does sound strange to UK ears. I chose to refer to it that way as I am aware that there are many newspapers around the world which use the "Times" appellation and that Crackberry has a global user base. It would be nice to think that, by now, The Thunderer would have first call on the name.

That's ok, DM didn't take as long as 60 seconds to load, 20 seconds at most I think. Have you tried clearing your cookies/cache to see if that helps sort it out?

I understood why you said the London Times don't worry, just threw me, began to wonder if its official name was the London Times and it was something I'd been missing
    04-10-12 07:09 PM
    I timed how long it took to load the front page of the Daily Mail this evening. It was 50 seconds and then 75 seconds to load links from the front page. I considered that the page had loaded when the cross in the address bar reverted to a circular arrow.
    I don't know if there is something wrong with my hardware or with the software. I did a security wipe about a week ago but that didn't improve matters very much.
    04-11-12 05:32 PM
    Hi toxic17. I am not very experienced on this site. I looked for the beta zone Playbook forum but could not find it.. Could you kindly provide a link?
    its not on crackberry, he meant the actual bb support site.
    PlayBook Browser incompatable website list - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    04-11-12 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD