i may just be trolling but if its possible would it be suck a bad idea to give it the extra juice for a little extra weight
    02-27-11 09:56 AM
    I don't think your trolling but it would make little to no sense to add a second battery when ever other tab oin the market would have just one and could make it through the day on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-11 10:22 AM
    batteries aren't tiny--just where do you think they would install an extra battery? In that "EMPTY LARGE CAVITY" that you are dreaming about, inside the PB's case???

Besides which, people are mindful of the weight of laptops, tablets, phones, etc. More weight would be something to complain about especially if that meant a thicker case than what it used now.
    02-27-11 10:42 AM
    Well, it looks dumb if RIM does that, but maybe a 3rd party case with some extra battery juice? that would be nice :P
    02-27-11 12:01 PM
    i have a question and i dont want to make another thread. it does pertain to the battery, Is the battery in the playbook removable? i did see the "comparison" chart but my bias meter was going nuts on that one. partially because the chart maker said "good job xoom only 7 x's were as others had more" i cant really believe the chart to be even one iota accurate.
    02-27-11 12:09 PM
    No, it is not. No tablet currently has a removerable battery and this will be the first BB device without a removeable battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-11 12:11 PM
    k thanks for the swift and direct response .
    02-27-11 12:27 PM
    i may just be trolling but if its possible would it be suck a bad idea to give it the extra juice for a little extra weight
    I'm probably going to have one of these handy haha

Amazon.com: BlackBerry PlayBook AA battery Powered Emergency Cell Phone Travel Charger / Re-Charger in high grade Brushed Aluminum housing! Tablet: Electronics
    02-27-11 01:26 PM
    There is a new tab coming that has removable battery, might be an LG. i dont see the big deal about it though. Now im not sure how big the battery is in the PB but i know the Xoom was 32xx i think and it gets 7-10 hours from what people have reported and i want to say the PB had 4xxx in it. So it should get its 8+ hours that RIM was shooting for
    02-27-11 01:37 PM
    I always thought it'd be a great idea if Phones or Tabs had 2 batteries. One permanent and one removable. This way, you could have an extra removable battery that you could swap for your dead removable battery in your device without having to power it down.

At the very least, you should be able to swap batteries on your BlackBerry with it plugged in without your phone restarting!
    02-28-11 08:51 AM
    I always thought it'd be a great idea if Phones or Tabs had 2 batteries. One permanent and one removable. This way, you could have an extra removable battery that you could swap for your dead removable battery in your device without having to power it down.

At the very least, you should be able to swap batteries on your BlackBerry with it plugged in without your phone restarting!
    Not gonna happen. Mfgrs fall over themselves trying to make the thinnest, lightest products they can, using available tech, along with their own expertise. Apple happens to be more focused on thinness than most other companies--hence the broad consumer preference for their products. No way will they bulk up their handsets with extra batteries. ****, they don't even want to install one "extra-long-life" battery, much less TWO batteries!
    02-28-11 09:28 AM
    Not gonna happen. Mfgrs fall over themselves trying to make the thinnest, lightest products they can, using available tech, along with their own expertise. Apple happens to be more focused on thinness than most other companies--hence the broad consumer preference for their products. No way will they bulk up their handsets with extra batteries. ****, they don't even want to install one "extra-long-life" battery, much less TWO batteries!
    What I was describing was 2 0.5 batteries.
    02-28-11 10:05 AM
    What I was describing was 2 0.5 batteries.
    That would increase costs and you can't create two batteries with the same energy output as one battery, in THE SAME IDENTICAL INSTALLED VOLUME, as the energy density of one battery would be greater than that of two batteries. It's the same principle that applies when I buy crab legs--if I opt for the Colossal crab legs, instead of the much smaller "standard" King crab legs, I get more meat per lb, because there is less shell per meat.
    02-28-11 10:19 AM
    That would increase costs and you can't create two batteries with the same energy output as one battery, in THE SAME IDENTICAL INSTALLED VOLUME, as the energy density of one battery would be greater than that of two batteries. It's the same principle that applies when I buy crab legs--if I opt for the Colossal crab legs, instead of the much smaller "standard" King crab legs, I get more meat per lb, because there is less shell per meat.
    kudos on the unique, yet accurate, analogy. crab meat and batteries
    1812dave likes this.
    02-28-11 10:25 AM
    No, it is not. No tablet currently has a removerable battery and this will be the first BB device without a removeable battery.
    Not the first, just the first for ages:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry 5820 Wireless Handheld Device | Phone, Email & SMS
    02-28-11 05:14 PM
    "Battery: Removable/rechargeable Lithium"

02-28-11 05:31 PM
    the portable add will still stand out so most ppl wouldnt opt to buy it.well just my opinion but i wouldnt want to have my tablet in a class with something sticking out of it.but once it lasts me 5-7....i think ill be satisfied i know the capabilities of the thing eat up power.also praise bb for charging so quickly my pearl charges in no time at all.hope they continue that trend
    03-02-11 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD