i cannot get into my settings,demo mode in locked. forgot password. bought it at staples. can anyone help? everything is already set up, its just i cannot seem to save any data when i restart it. tried all sorts of stuff.
    08-11-11 03:33 PM
    playbook stuck in demo mode, cannot remember password. can anyone help?
    08-11-11 03:39 PM
    i believe the password is instoredemo
    08-11-11 04:53 PM
    You may have to try doing a security wipe. But if it is locked in demo, I'm not sure that you can do anything. Call rim: 1-877-644-8405
    08-11-11 04:54 PM
    i believe the password is instoredemo
    that is the password to start demo mode after you enter that you have to enter a new password. that is probably the one he forgot. best thing to do is try a hard restart if you get your regular password to come up on start up. if that doesn't work F2 is probably right on having to do a security/debrick process.
    08-11-11 05:13 PM
    You have to have a windows computer. Turn off your playbook and open desktop manager. Once it is open a screen will come up and ask you do you want to update. Press yes. It will wipe your device but you will now control over it. Make sure playbook is off when you connect it to the computer.
    08-11-11 05:51 PM
    I'm in a similar boat. I got my Blackberry from Office Depot becuase it was on clearance today and I'm trying to factory whipe it so that I will stop asking for the account. But when I do, type in the password "instoredemo" and go to reset it wants yet another password (after the blackberry confirmation) and shows the PIN as a username.

I'm thinking of calling the RIM# on the back.

Any suggestions to get past this Third password hurdle?
    04-13-13 12:52 AM
    Ofice Depot techs won't help you? I'd try them first.
    04-13-13 01:24 AM
    Does it give you the "wrong password - attempt X of 10" type message? If so just keep entering gibberish passwords and it will autowipe when you've used up all 10. For that matter, just do that on the 1st password screen.
    04-13-13 08:00 AM
    WARNING WARNING WARNING TO ALL OTHERS. Do NOT use the demo password to try putting your PB into demo mode.You run the distinct risk of deleting ALL of your media if you do so.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-13-13 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD