One thing that I would like to change is the fact that typing in the browser bar deafults to US Google. Is there any way I can change it Google UK?
    01-31-12 01:27 PM
    Is it spelled Gouogle or maybe Goougle over there?

Did you initially set it up over there? I know some stuff does localize depending on where the initial ip address was located.
    Bisboxer likes this.
    01-31-12 03:16 PM
    Is it spelled Gouogle or maybe Goougle over there?

Did you initially set it up over there? I know some stuff does localize depending on where the initial ip address was located.
    I assume that's tongue in cheek
    My Playbook didn't, and for those who don't know, it's google.co.uk, google.de, google.fr, etc, in Europe. I don't know about the rest of the world.

A lot of US sourced things don't make it easy for the rest of the world and that, IMO, is a marketing error. There's a lot of folk out there who don't even speak English.

Not being US based, I'd have thought RIM would be on the ball on this issue.
    02-08-12 01:19 PM
    If anything it should default to google.ca.
    02-08-12 03:29 PM
    +1 for the OP's request. Really annoying to type something you want to buy into the address bar and just get a load of useless shopping results in US dollars. It should observe the Google localisation.
    02-26-12 05:20 PM
    +1 for me too I hate having to search and then modify the url to .co.uk
    02-27-12 04:01 AM
    There is an easy (informal) way to do it.
    Just delete the existing link by editing favourites.
    Then type in the local country Goofle URL and save it as a favourite
    02-27-12 04:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD