Local calendar entries gone after DM backup / update / restore no wipe. Can you manually back up local calendar as with video and pics? Lost a years worth of manual entries. Going back to buying wall calendars I think.
    Last edited by nnomad; 10-05-12 at 02:47 AM.
    10-05-12 02:31 AM
    Mine too. It's apparent that all the people who say "just rest/restart a few times; your entries will come back" are not using their LOCAL calendar. The poll about problems with the 2.1 update makes it appear that the majority of people did not lose their appointments. I bet dollars to doughnuts that all these people were using google calendar or an outlook calendar from their office network, etc.

RIM's carelessness in protecting the data created in its own native, embedded programs -- calendar data is one example, the screw-up with file storage for new pictures taken with the camera is another -- is reprehensible. Did they not conduct any rudimentary checks before releasing this update? Were all the people using the beta so focused on loading android games that they never noticed the stand alone functions of the Playbook had been compromised?

As someone who doesn't bridge or need more than one android program running at the same time, there isn't a single plus for me in this update, only minuses. After many resets and restarts I am left with an OS that takes 5 - 8 seconds to load a program; the browser is not faster and checkerboarding is the same; my calendar entries are gone; new photos taken by the camera are placed in the "all pictures" folder and not accessible from the "camera pictures" folder.
    10-05-12 04:31 AM
    I also updated the software yesterday Oct 4/12 and now the local has no appointments in it. Thanks Playbook software guys.
    Rich
    10-05-12 07:07 PM
    Did you all backup your PB via BB Desktop Software prior to installing the new OS?

If so - have you since tried restoring?
    10-05-12 07:16 PM
    Even with manual backups I'm hearing the calendar/contacts don't restore. There's a bug somewhere.
    nnomad likes this.
    10-05-12 08:21 PM
    Rim should remove / disable the local calendar as it can not be backed up or restored and is wiped at update. This is a FAIL!
    Visions of my two playbooks connecting to my shiny new BB10 phone are ......slowly..................fading.............. .......away.
    10-07-12 06:08 AM
    The more I read about those of us with lost local calendar appointments, and reports that a backup doesn't restore them leads me to believe the data storage filename has changed.
    Maybe the data is still there but the app doesn't see it.
    10-07-12 09:40 AM
    I couldnt get my gmail to connect for my native calendar and contacts. After trying resetting my router and everything else, I backed up and security wiped my Playbook this morning, then readded the account. Now it is working. Keeping my fingers crossed it will stay working.
    10-07-12 01:34 PM
    Even with manual backups I'm hearing the calendar/contacts don't restore. There's a bug somewhere.
    So, you did try to recover it from previous backups created in Blackberry Desktop Manager, right? Blackberry Backup Extractor should work smoothly in extracting data off the BBB backup, have you tried that?
    Heavens1 likes this.
    10-22-12 09:22 AM