Hi guys,

Im building a new php (mysql) website. I tested it on ie, firefox, bb10, iOS and Playbook OS. My website works fine on all browsers except Playbook.

Some pages take more than 30 seconds to load, with no special logic, just open/close mysql db, a few db selects, css and minimal javascript.

Why is it so slow on the Playbook compared other browsers?

Yes, I've tried the Origami browser too. Long loading time there too. Im guessing the db accesses are the main cause of wait time although they work fine on all other browsers.

Just wondering if the problem is my code or the playbook browsers . I use godaddy shared hosting which can be slow at peak hours.

Did someone ever tried to log in (top right corner) on the crackberry forums, using the playbook browsers? Super slow for me.

Any thoughts? Thanks
    C
    03-16-14 05:12 PM
    Can anyone help here?
    03-17-14 08:34 PM
    Is your website mobile device friendly? Have you tried temporarily disabling the database calls to isolate the source of the slow load time? Maybe it's the PHP, CSS or Javascript if the database calls are not the reason. Can you replicate the website on your local computer to determine whether the web hosting service is contributing to the slow response times?

By the way my BlackBerry PlayBooks load an old-school static HTML website and a modern mobile device and desktop friendly website using HTML5, CSS, Javascript via Twitter Bootstrap. These websites load and display in less than 5 seconds; 2-3 seconds depending on the network connection.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    03-20-14 08:00 AM
    I've noticed that when I had lots of Android apps sideloaded on my PlayBook it really slowed down performance. I had a 4G PlayBook with the boosted 1.5ghz processor, that I recently parted with, and was slow when I had sideloaded apps installed. Unistalling all the apps improved performance. I don't sideload apps to my wifi PlayBook either,nothing worth installing, and it runs pretty good.
    03-28-14 02:18 AM
    Thanks guys! Will do some tests. I have a bunch of sideloaded apps on my playbook.

I'm trying to build a website that will be easily accessible from a mobile device.. it's still in construction, but will test a little. might be my code too.
    04-10-14 03:28 PM