Hi there.

I have recently purchased a BlackBerry PlayBook and so far, I am very happy with it, especially at the current prices. When I try to do internet banking on the Lloyds TSB website, I enter my User ID number as per normal like on my 9900 and computer. However, when it comes to entering the password, I enter it, press the Continue button and then the page just literally refreshes itself, as if I hit the refresh button. I have tried many ways on how to overcome the problem, especially swiping the keyboard away instead of hitting Return.

I'm not too sure it's something to do with Lloyds TSB themselves as the browser on my 9900 allows me to login flawlessly, as so long as there is enough 3G signal.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Joel_Zimmerman; 01-09-12 at 06:56 AM.
    01-08-12 08:32 PM
    Yes, I have had exactly the same experience. i think it must be Lloyds web site not being able to cope with the playbook browser, although I'm not technically knowledgeable, so it's a guess really.
    I keep meaning to ask Lloyds to look into it but haven't got around to it.
    01-09-12 06:54 AM
    The Bank of Scotland website does the exact same!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-09-12 06:57 AM
    While I'm not aware of any banking apps for the Playbook (I have 3 apps from Apple on my iPhone, USAA, Bank of NY Mellon, and Apple Bank), I find accessing my accounts via the browser to be trouble free. Since it is now Monday, I suggest you call your bank and ask them what, if anything, is the problem.
    01-09-12 07:18 AM
    Yes, I have had exactly the same experience. i think it must be Lloyds web site not being able to cope with the playbook browser, although I'm not technically knowledgeable, so it's a guess really.
    I keep meaning to ask Lloyds to look into it but haven't got around to it.
    I suspect it's the bolded bit.

Browsers identify themselves to websites with a header, and some sites will refuse to play with a browser that doesn't identify itself as Internet Explorer, or Firefox, etc. Way back, I had similar problems with using some websites with Firefox and there was a spoofing add-in you could get that would get Firefox to "lie" and claim to be IE.

Unfortunately, I don't believe it's possible to alter the browser ID sent by the Playbook Browser, but somebody here may know of a spoofing app that does the same as I had to do with Firefox.

I realise it doesn't help, but NatWest Online works on the Playbook, or it did last month.
    01-09-12 07:24 AM
    You could try simplebrowser app, it will let you set user agent.
    01-09-12 07:32 AM
    You could try simplebrowser app, it will let you set user agent.
    Excellent....or Simple Browser+
    01-09-12 07:33 AM
    Not much help here either but First Direct works.
    01-10-12 03:29 PM
    Lloyds and Halifax both operate the same online banking system - I have accounts with both and have exactly the same problem.

They have recently revamped their online banking to make mobile access easier, introducing the Blackberry app and adjusting their settings so they are compatible with mobile browsers. Obviously nobody at Lloyds or Halifax has a Playbook as its definitely incompatible with the playbook browser and, as with any other app that would be remotely useful there is no Playbook version!

SimpleBrowser has exactly the same issue.

Has anybody tried sideloading the android Lloyds app to the Playbook?
    01-12-12 01:35 AM
    Yeah I would say give simplebrowser a try.

By default the site will think youre accessing through fireFox.

I must be lucky with banking. ING and Natwest are faultlest.
    But then TD Direct investing doesn't work at all as the browser is unsupported. Simplebrowser is an effective workaround for this.
    01-12-12 08:53 AM
    I was on a site recently and it identified the PB browser as Google Chrome.
    01-12-12 08:56 AM
    Simplebrowser does not work either. It has the same problem.
    01-12-12 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD