Is there any live wall papers for the Playbook currently or at least plans to include them with the update?

Also, if no one has updated their Playbook to 2.0 yet, I would recommend it. It makes the OS so much better (gotta love the folders and the new "task bar") and it is QNX, it isn't like you have to worry to much about stability.

I do wish it was easy to get the Android apps on it, but I haven't started trying it yet. If 2.0 is what we have to look forward to for BBX, I see a very bright future for RIM.
    12-06-11 02:20 AM
    Also, if no one has updated their Playbook to 2.0 yet, I would recommend it. It makes the OS so much better (gotta love the folders and the new "task bar") and it is QNX, it isn't like you have to worry to much about stability.
    I will await the official release of BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 because while an interesting experiment I was not unduly impressed by the beta and need my tablet for professional-use on a daily basis, it is not a toy despite its unfortunate name and tales of people giving them to the infants to amuse themselves. How many of these tablets will end up in the land-fill?

I use my BlackBerry PlayBook for the academic courses I am taking via distance education; watch lectures, read course materials, submit assignments, etc. Research In Motion should be piloting this tablet in educational environments and corporate training organizations. Does nobody have a clue within management?

NO MORE PROMISES. DELIVER TODAY.

February 2012 looms large and is the last chance for Research In Motion to put up or s-hut-up. Seriously, I cannot imagine a 3G/4G/LTE version of the BlackBerry PlayBook selling any better than the current WiFi version. Maybe I am wrong and the public is clamoring for 3G/4G/LTE tablets but other than Apple's iPad the other tablets are the red-headed stepchild of the tablet marketplace. Sad, indeed.
    alnamvet68 and FF22 like this.
    12-06-11 06:33 AM
    I too shall wait for the official release. Some say 1.08 is buggy, and I have experienced none of these problems. However, I have noticed hundreds of posts by those who have some major issues with the Beta 2.0, so why do I need that headache.
    12-06-11 06:38 AM
    Huh, all I had to do was do a security wipe and that made everything run fine. Almost all the apps you can just download again. The only ones I couldn't find was the gmail and hotmail ones (and they aren't really "apps" anyway).

The beta is really stable actually. I've had one hang up so, but I just had to wait for the OS to clean up the mess (I love saying that, QNX is amazing).
    12-06-11 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD