12-24-13 01:28 PM
58 123
tools
    Hey fellow CB, BB, and PB Fans,

I am considering getting a GIGABYTE GM-M7700B Bluetooth Mouse to use with my PlayBook. I don't suppose anyone knows if it will work, do they?

Also, I was thinking it might be a good idea to create a list of mice and keyboards that work relatively flawlessly here. And a list that don't work as great or at all. I did search the forum a little and saw some that work and some that don't, but it takes a ton of time to find the info. OR I am just terrible at searching and filtering the results. I found out a little via forum member Minnick, and those are listed below already

I am thinking instead of other forum users having to scroll through this whole tread, or multiple threads, I could just keep editing this post so we have a list in one spot on one post. Maybe the Moderators can make this a sticky if it seems useful enough and we get enough responses. Make sense? Now get to replying!

Good Working Mice
    Dell 5-Button Bluetooth Travel Mouse
    Logitech Travel Mouse
    Apple Magic Mouse

Good Working Keyboards
    Logitech diNovo keyboard & mouse
    Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard 6000
    Motorola Zoom Keyboard
    Apple Bluetooth Keyboard
    BT visiontech candyboard
    Hipstreet Bluetooth Keyboard & Case
    PlayBook Keyboard/case from DealExtreme.com (not confirmed if it works well, but looks nice...)

Bad Mice
    Microsoft BT mouse 5000

Bad Keyboards
    Last edited by captainbdsc; 08-22-11 at 02:18 PM.
    esk369, jxnb, Matt J and 3 others like this.
    08-20-11 04:36 AM
    Good -
    Logitech Travel Mouse
    Logitech diNovo (keyboard & mouse work)
    captainbdsc and jpash549 like this.
    08-20-11 04:48 AM
    Good -
    Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard 6000
    captainbdsc likes this.
    08-20-11 06:28 AM
    A related question.... when you use a bluetooth mouse with the PlayBook, how does it work? Does a cursor pop up?
    08-20-11 07:15 AM
    as much as i hate saying it, the apple bluetooth keyboard is fantastic..

thank god i didnt buy it..it was given to me for free...

it works perfectly with PB and its portable and perfect for travelling..
    Matt J and captainbdsc like this.
    08-20-11 07:19 AM
    I know that DealExtreme has a version for the Galaxy Tab. But do they already have a PB-compatible version of a keyboard?
    08-20-11 11:46 AM
    as much as i hate saying it, the apple bluetooth keyboard is fantastic..

thank god i didnt buy it..it was given to me for free...

it works perfectly with PB and its portable and perfect for travelling..
    Good-
    Apple Magic Mouse
    (Yes right-clicking works too, no gestures of course)
    captainbdsc likes this.
    08-20-11 12:04 PM
    Do the arrow keys on these keyboards allow moving across fields on the PlayBook screen?
    08-20-11 01:55 PM
    Yes, arrow keys do allow you to cursor around on the screen in a text document, etc.

Yes, a mouse pointer/cursor appears on the screen. Kevin posted a video of this in his initial review.
    08-20-11 02:03 PM
    A related question.... when you use a bluetooth mouse with the PlayBook, how does it work? Does a cursor pop up?
    Yes a cursor shows up and you are able to navigate your PlayBook just as you would with a mouse and a netbook/laptop/desktop/. Here's a Youtube video showcasing this:

--Bounce
    castoridae likes this.
    08-20-11 02:08 PM
    We could use a new video showing this, all the videos I see are of the PB before it got the 1.0.7 release and it contained cursor updates. When you move the mouse to the top or bottom of the screen it changes to show you that you can do a swipe gesture there. It's not a big change, but it is nice looking, as well the mouse cursor itself is no longer an arrow, they changed it to a little pointing hand.

Bluetooth keyboard and mouse support out of the box are one of my favorite features of the PB. Makes the lack of auto-correct a little easier to deal with and cursor placement is far faster.
    08-20-11 03:05 PM
    We could use a new video showing this, all the videos I see are of the PB before it got the 1.0.7 release and it contained cursor updates. When you move the mouse to the top or bottom of the screen it changes to show you that you can do a swipe gesture there. It's not a big change, but it is nice looking, as well the mouse cursor itself is no longer an arrow, they changed it to a little pointing hand.

Bluetooth keyboard and mouse support out of the box are one of my favorite features of the PB. Makes the lack of auto-correct a little easier to deal with and cursor placement is far faster.
    Are you saying that the mouse pointer now can do swipe gestures?!
    08-20-11 03:20 PM
    I picked up a BT visiontech candyboard for my entertainment system and gave it a try on my PB. Easy to pair and works great.

CandyBoard | VisionTek ATI/AMD Radeon Graphics Partner
    captainbdsc likes this.
    08-20-11 03:45 PM
    what im looking for is a bluetooth remote for use with presentations, so far the only ones that came up were a few years old. arent there any new bluetooth remotes with only the basic buttons?
    08-20-11 08:56 PM
    what im looking for is a bluetooth remote for use with presentations, so far the only ones that came up were a few years old. arent there any new bluetooth remotes with only the basic buttons?
    Do you mean like one to interface with your PB and run the slides off of? If so, i think any mouse will do it, although you'll be holding a mouse instead of a "clicker" deal. I have seen some mini/micro keyboards that have laser pointers built in too. Maybe that would interest you.
    08-20-11 11:06 PM
    i noticed in the video he was using a mouse a keyboard, do we have duel bluetooth?
    08-20-11 11:55 PM
    Yes, I am not sure what the technical term for it is, but you can have multiple bluetooth devices connected at the same time... I bet you could be bridged, have a headset, a mouse and a keyboard all connected at one time. don't quote me saying that is true however. That is just me guess...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ladybam likes this.
    08-21-11 12:10 AM
    The Hipstreet bluetooth keyboard & Case combo work awesome. 99.cdn @ Staples. nice case, stands up the playbook.
    08-21-11 12:42 AM
    I just noticed that DealExtreme now has a PB-specific BT keyboard & case, for only $35. (61-Key Bluetooth V2.0 Wireless Keyboard w/ PU Leather Case for BlackBerry Playbook - Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme) Does anyone have experience with this one?
    captainbdsc likes this.
    08-22-11 01:56 PM
    I just noticed that DealExtreme now has a PB-specific BT keyboard & case, for only $35. (61-Key Bluetooth V2.0 Wireless Keyboard w/ PU Leather Case for BlackBerry Playbook - Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme) Does anyone have experience with this one?
    I wonder what the brand of this case is... looks good. except maybe how much it appears that the case covers the gesture area.
    08-22-11 02:13 PM
    Rapoo 6900 Bluetooth Laser Wireless Mouse with Laser Pointer Presenter - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

here is a mouse you might be interested in. I cannot confirm how well it works.
    08-22-11 02:33 PM
    does anyone know of a mouse that can be used without the need of a surface for the laser? I am thinking more like a trackball, single-handed mouse.

Here's my issue - I am lying in bed awake at 3am and cant sleep. I crack open my playbook to do some "research". As many of you know, some websites just aren't as finger friendly as others. So, it would be useful to have a small handheld mouse to supplement my perusing. I'm thinking a trackball for moving the pointer and either an underside button or press the ball down to click. Something like a Wii controller. I'm sure I have seen this somewhere but did some searching and couldn't find it anywhere. Of course, it would need to be a bluetooth device.
    08-28-11 06:32 AM
    Yes, I am not sure what the technical term for it is, but you can have multiple bluetooth devices connected at the same time... I bet you could be bridged, have a headset, a mouse and a keyboard all connected at one time. don't quote me saying that is true however. That is just me guess...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    As far as technical terms go that would relate, the only one I can think of is daisy chaining, but that applies to SCSI and USB, not BlueTooth. The BT spec supports up to 7 devices connected at the same time (which is why the Move on the PS3 only supports 3 full sets).
    09-10-12 06:50 PM
    Logitech Tablet Keyboard for iPad works. I presume the for Android version would work just as well.
    09-10-12 08:12 PM
    I have used the HP Bluetooth keyboard which was meant for HP Touchpad and a GTMax Bluetooth 2.0 Optical mouse ($12) with both the BBPB and the N7. Both seemed to work OK but have not used them much. Did find the mouse (maybe keyboard too) would not work with Picsel Smart Office so there may be problems with some apps. Also noticed in Amazon a couple of Bluetooth trackball units. The GTMax unit coupled with a keyboard is $50. The keyboard is a silicone unit. The trackball is said to be rechargeable. It is not clear whether the keyboard also has a rechargeable battery or must be operated plugged in.
    09-10-12 11:14 PM
58 123