What's the trackball make and model? I haven't been able to find any BT trackballs.
    09-10-12 10:53 PM
    There are several bluetooth trackballs listed in Amazon but some are meant to be used with a dongle in a laptop and may not support Bluetooth 2.0 with the tablet. The one I referred to is : GTMax wireless rechargeable hanheld rechargeable trackball mouse sold by Blue Mall through Amazon. The GTMax mouse I previously bought was sold by Blue Mall as I remember. Logitech also has Bluetooth track balls but they may not be useable with tablets. I have no experience with trackballs in general- a disclaimer. Don't know if you have access to Amazon.
    Last edited by jpash549bb; 09-10-12 at 11:26 PM.
    09-10-12 11:23 PM
    Amazon isn't the best source for me to buy as I'm in Canada, but I strongly prefer trackballs, so if the design seems solid and the price is right I'd be willing to give it a shot.

Edit: Just checked it out, it's one of those portable thumb trackballs for presentations. Not quite what I was looking for. I guess the Dell mouse is the one I'll be getting.
    Last edited by masqueofhastur; 09-10-12 at 11:29 PM.
    09-10-12 11:26 PM
    Amazon page.
    09-10-12 11:31 PM
    Amazon isn't the best source for me to buy as I'm in Canada, but I strongly prefer trackballs, so if the design seems solid and the price is right I'd be willing to give it a shot.

Edit: Just checked it out, it's one of those portable thumb trackballs for presentations. Not quite what I was looking for. I guess the Dell mouse is the one I'll be getting.

It looks maybe a little flimsy. Know that the GTMax mouse I have is really small. In earlier threads the Dell mouse was getting good reviews as were Logitech units,
    currentuser likes this.
    09-10-12 11:37 PM
    Hey fellow CB, BB, and PB Fans,

Bad Mice
    Microsoft BT mouse 5000

I don't have any problems connecting to my Microsoft BT Mouse 5000 to my Playbook?
    09-10-12 11:51 PM
    Good Working Keyboards

Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard 6000
    Yes and No...
    Mine connect without problems but it is recognise as American QWERTY but the actual layout is french AZERTY...And there is no way to change that

Working mouse
    Logitech M470
    robsteve likes this.
    09-11-12 09:17 AM
    Thanks for the list - just grabbed out my old wireless mac mouse after reading this, added batteries & wahey - away i've gone! So impressed! Never expected to see a cursor on this thing & if it wasn't for the CB forum i wouldn't have known! Saves me a few quid as well (even though this little PB beauty was such a bargain anyway!) Perhaps RIM should start marketing themselves as commerce quality but added price value - that would possibly change perceptions (well that & getting updates / devs out on time!) lol
    09-11-12 09:49 AM
    i have a 9860 - could an app be made that has a trackpad function a la Apple - so the 9860 could act as a trackpad/mouse ?
    09-11-12 10:52 AM
    i have a 9860 - could an app be made that has a trackpad function a la Apple - so the 9860 could act as a trackpad/mouse ?
    BlackBerry Bridge is the app you are looking for.
    09-11-12 10:57 AM
    thanks for that robsteve - how very clever !!!

i have a BT apple keyboard at home = job done.

incredibly elegant and versatile, and perfect for presentations.
    09-12-12 04:40 AM
    I find that my BB curve is the only keyboard/mouse that I need.
    09-12-12 08:28 AM
    I just noticed that DealExtreme now has a PB-specific BT keyboard & case, for only $35. (61-Key Bluetooth V2.0 Wireless Keyboard w/ PU Leather Case for BlackBerry Playbook - Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme) Does anyone have experience with this one?
    I bought this case and gave it to a relative after buying the Hipstreet Playbook Portfolio Case with Bluetooth Keyboard. The case from DealExtreme has marshmallow-like keys compared to the Hipstreet keyboard/case. And the bezel is covered almost completely by the tablet holder.
    09-12-12 09:56 AM
    I tried the Targus AKB33US bluetooth keyboard. Altho the PB recognized it and would accept keystrokes, usually, after a sentence or two, the connection between the PB and the Targus would drop for 30-60 seconds, b4 resuming.

I then replaced the Targus with the Microsoft Mobile Keyboard 5000 (which, I believe, is the successor for the Keyboard 6000). No dropped connections when keystroking and can use the cursors and PGUp and PgDn keys to navigate webpages, which is much more convenient than swiping.

The Microsoft goes for $50 US at Staples, where I bought it, and (I believe) can be procured on Amazon for about $35.
    09-20-12 03:02 PM
    Found and paired with eachother but couldn't type anything anywhere
    02-15-13 06:51 PM
    I bought a used Logitech Y-X5A77 bluetooth kb with integrated trackpad to use with my htpc a few days ago (�13). It connected to the pb within seconds. Its a fullsize laptop style designed for pc and ps3 use. No Windows key and the trackpad is to the right of the keyboard but it works very well.

List of Mice and Keyboards that work with the PB?-mediaboard_1.jpg

The Keysonic KB-ACK-540RF v2 is meant to work well too.

List of Mice and Keyboards that work with the PB?-433757-l-.jpg
    02-16-13 04:58 AM
    I. Bought this IVSO� Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Leather Case Cover with Stand for Blackberry Playbook 7" 16GB, 32GB, 64GB from Amazon for 32 euro. Works well and no problem pairing device.
    02-16-13 08:41 AM
    I can get the MS 6000 kb to pair successfully, but then it doesn't work in any programs; in Docs to Go, Email etc, it will not type. On the Bluetooth page it says connected HID. What I am missing?
    03-09-13 10:02 PM
    I have a Logitech Y-X5A77 Cordless MediaBoard Pro bluetooth keyboard with trackpad and I can confirm it works 100% with the Playbook. It has the fastest pairing I've ever seen on bluetooth.
    03-10-13 03:16 PM
    I don't know if anyone is still interested in this thread, but I have read through it searching for a bt keyboard I can take with me easily, and that I could obtain in the Netherlands. I took a gamble an bought the Rapoo e6100. Though it took me a while to get my PB and the rapoo to pair (looked like pairing failed, but rapoo showed up as a paired device when I eventually gave up), but now that it is paired, it works like a charm!
    04-04-13 02:19 AM
    Can anyone confirm which Logitech DiNovo Mini or Edge is being refered to in the list? Also on the DiNovo Edge, does the mouse, volume control, etc work properly?
    04-09-13 12:33 PM
    I picked up the Microsoft Wedge Touch Bluetooth travel mouse a couple of weeks ago, it works great with the PlayBook. It's also got a neat scroll feature, just a line down the middle that visually separates left & right mouse buttons and you just run your finger along it, forward or backwards; the scrolling is more stable to use than using the trackpad on the mini keyboard. The small size takes a bit of getting used to, but matches the PB nicely and super easy to pack around, even in your pocket!

Some ebay listings here: microsoft wedge touch mouse | eBay

Forgot to mention, it also pairs to the Z10 ... all I need is the dock!
    castoridae likes this.
    04-09-13 11:19 PM
    I tested an old Think Outside Stowaway bluetooth keyboard with the PlayBook, and it worked fine typing in Docs to Go and the email app. If you can find one, they fold up very compactly and are great for travel.

A Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse worked fine as well.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 08:50 PM
    Apple magic mouse and wireless keyboard.... work fine... but what's use of this thread.. any bluetooth keyboard /mouse will work ( standard HID)

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 09:39 PM
    Apple magic mouse and wireless keyboard.... work fine... but what's use of this thread.. any bluetooth keyboard /mouse will work ( standard HID)

Posted via CB10
    As I recall, there have been reports of some items continually disconnecting or losing contact. It may have been in other threads.
    04-10-13 11:12 PM
58 123