PB works great and I have no problems with it. I plugged it into my computer to transfer some content and it failed to connect. So I repaired it (which means a factory reset) and after the repair it still does not connect. I tried the repair again and still does not connect. Anyone have any experience with something like this?
    05-15-16 08:34 PM
    See if Sachesi will connect with it.
    05-15-16 08:38 PM
    See if Sachesi will connect with it.
    That's a good point. I've never used sachesi but what I do use is that chrome plug called something like a BB10 app manager. Can sachesi transfer files? Cause the chrome plug in is just for apps.
    05-16-16 08:57 AM
    That's a good point. I've never used sachesi but what I do use is that chrome plug called something like a BB10 app manager. Can sachesi transfer files? Cause the chrome plug in is just for apps.
    Sachesi would only be used for sideloading. I just wanted to know if it could connect.
    05-16-16 09:10 AM
    PB works great and I have no problems with it. I plugged it into my computer to transfer some content and it failed to connect. So I repaired it (which means a factory reset) and after the repair it still does not connect. I tried the repair again and still does not connect. Anyone have any experience with something like this?
    It's probably not the PlayBook but rather the operating system of the PC... What OS is it?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-16 02:43 PM
    It's probably not the PlayBook but rather the operating system of the PC... What OS is it?

Posted via CB10
    It's OSX but my Passport connects fine (with link). I'll try it with my Windows machine to see if that makes a difference. I'm away from home right now so it will be a few days. I really just want to load some movies on it so my kid can watch cartoons while travelling. The 64gb and good support for file formats makes this machine useful for the right stuff but it has to be able to connect to a computer
    Last edited by DamianWarS; 05-17-16 at 03:17 AM.
    05-16-16 07:32 PM
    Just got back, sachesi detects the PB but it can't connect. I've never used sachesi before but it just spins around trying to connect at the password screen. However the chrome extension works and connects fine. To connect to the chrome extension the device needs to be in developer mode and interestingly once in developer mode link/desktop software still don't work but the developer mode ip address shows up in the finder (mac explorer) and I can connect and transfer files to it (previously it showed up but failed to connect). So it doesn't work 100% but I don't care as long as a method works.
    05-18-16 07:28 AM
    It's OSX but my Passport connects fine (with link).
    Forget the Satchi thing... it's not applicable to this use case at all... On your PB, go into settings... Storage & Sharing\USB Connections... Is that set to Mac?

Posted via CB10
    05-18-16 03:26 PM
    Forget the Satchi thing... it's not applicable to this use case at all... On your PB, go into settings... Storage & Sharing\USB Connections... Is that set to Mac?

Posted via CB10
    Sachesi works perfectly well with the PlayBook. No need for drivers or developer mode.

I was trying to troubleshoot to see if it would connect.
    05-18-16 03:31 PM
    Forget it I misspoke developers mode let's the chrome extension work but I what I saw in the finder actually was my passport that was connected via WiFi without me knowing. I still can't get it too connect but I'm just downloading YouTube videos directly on the PB using some downloader site and ultimately that is what I wanted so I'm giving up on getting it connect to the link/desktop software
    Last edited by DamianWarS; 05-19-16 at 03:29 AM.
    05-19-16 03:08 AM
    Sachesi works perfectly well with the PlayBook. No need for drivers or developer mode.

I was trying to troubleshoot to see if it would connect.
    Even if the PB hasn't got USB file sharing enabled?

Posted via CB10
    05-20-16 12:41 AM
    I always just use drag and drop

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-07-16 02:00 PM
    Even if the PB hasn't got USB file sharing enabled?

Posted via CB10
    No, you don't even need file-sharing enabled.
    06-07-16 02:26 PM
    Forget it I misspoke....I still can't get it too connect but I'm just downloading YouTube videos directly on the PB using some downloader site and ultimately that is what I wanted so I'm giving up on getting it connect to the link/desktop software
    If you connect via usb, it won't appear on the Mac or PC as the expected storage device but as local smb share which you access via smb://169.254.xxx.xxx/media You also should have file sharing enabled.
    06-07-16 04:09 PM
    Should have posted this Knowledge Base link ages ago!

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...nguage=English

Posted via CB10
    06-09-16 03:02 PM
    Should have posted this Knowledge Base link ages ago!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the info. Most of that article is about how to troubleshoot it with windows and they are all standard troubleshooting steps. I know we are all at different levels of computer understanding so you can't assume anything but i've tried all stuff like that before I enter into this step of asking plus I have a Mac not a PC. Either way I have given up for the time being and am using an android program called "X-plore" to transfer content over WiFi. I actually have it connected to my apple time capsule (network drive). I hate syncing and playlists or itunes style of transferring. I'm more old school so if I can have a file explorer that I drag and drop what I want I'm quite happy and that's what I got.
    06-10-16 11:48 AM
    Thanks for the info. Most of that article is about how to troubleshoot it with windows and they are all standard troubleshooting steps. I know we are all at different levels of computer understanding so you can't assume anything but i've tried all stuff like that before I enter into this step of asking plus I have a Mac not a PC.
    Then this may explain some of what you've been experiencing...

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 02:28 PM
    Then this may explain some of what you've been experiencing...

Posted via CB10
    Thanks again for your attempt of help. Unfortunately that article does not describe the issue I'm having. The article chiefly is about syncing issues with apple's "SyncServices technology" where my issue is about not being able to connect to blackberry's software (link, desktop software).

The device won't connect and I'm leaving it there. I do routine formats of my computer and when that comes around I'll report back on the device works then. As for now I am quite happy transferring over wifi.
    06-13-16 07:24 AM