Helloooo,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it on crackberry.com or on the forums.

How do I insert a line break (new line separation) in the native email application...when responding to Facebook messages, enter on the keyboard is send so I just end up writing long chunky message which I don't wanna do!!

Many thanks
    BerryClever likes this.
    05-07-12 05:30 AM
    I'm really unsure I tried to search for it in multiple services..I wonder if they would support html in the application..if they did then we would just line break with the </br> tag.
    05-07-12 05:44 AM
    Hmmm yh maybe, no idea though.... Even if there is support for html, it be much nicer to have a key on the keyboard that creates a line break....
    05-07-12 05:52 AM
    Yes very true I agree such a simple feature should be implemented within the launch of the first OS.
    BerryClever likes this.
    05-07-12 05:54 AM
    Sorry to bump this back from the dead, but is there a work around or anything to this on the Messages app? Seems odd to have left that out in the first place.
    10-15-12 11:53 PM
    nope! it doesnt seem they fixed it... if you compose a brand new facebook message then you can press enter as many as times as you like to create line breaks...

however once in conversation mode ( quick reply mode) in the inbox theres still nada..... its a shame because i find this feature very useful... i dont need to open up any app, facebook or twitter to just compose a message.... never mooiiinnnd..

thats 2 things on my wish list...

this for playbook os...

and the ability to send multiple files like pictures in bbm
    BerryClever likes this.
    10-16-12 05:40 AM
    nope! it doesnt seem they fixed it... if you compose a brand new facebook message then you can press enter as many as times as you like to create line breaks...

however once in conversation mode ( quick reply mode) in the inbox theres still nada..... its a shame because i find this feature very useful... i dont need to open up any app, facebook or twitter to just compose a message.... never mooiiinnnd..

thats 2 things on my wish list...

this for playbook os...

and the ability to send multiple files like pictures in bbm
    Thanks. I didn't even know that brand new facebook messages allow for the enter button.

For me personally, RIM seems to be able to give what people want (eventually) and with quality, but they tend to always miss a minor point (some may have big repercussions to users, but minor in the sense of looking at the over all product/app). Not having an enter key for FaceBook messages, File Manager without folder/sub folder support, Browser without any bookmark manager, Contacts without options to group, not allowing reviews in App World to be changed by the original reviewer or delete selected d/l app history , etc.

You look at their overall apps and, to me, they seem to be quality builds, but they also seem to miss a lot of the finer details. They need to have people looking at the big picture for sure, but they need a few to look at the small details also. Thats my opinion at least.
    10-16-12 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD