I still owe a Palm Lifedrive, which I stop using when I got my Playbook, both were state of the art when I bought them. Now they both aren't but I still have parts for the Lifedrive and can work on it. The Playbook Meh. Oh well I know owe 3 devices (2 playbooks and 1 lifedrive) that look like they will be dead ended in their developers mind. Oh well live and learn.
    05-16-13 10:42 AM
    I still owe a Palm Lifedrive, which I stop using when I got my Playbook, both were state of the art when I bought them. Now they both aren't but I still have parts for the Lifedrive and can work on it. The Playbook Meh. Oh well I know owe 3 devices (2 playbooks and 1 lifedrive) that look like they will be dead ended in their developers mind. Oh well live and learn.
    I hope you don't mind if I take off on a theme using your thread. I really don't have a problem if rim/bbry deadends with the pb and does not create any new devices. That sometimes happens and frankly, I don't want to be constantly goaded to upgrade to the newest because they have changed a wrinkle or upped the display to retina or whatever. I don't want to upgrade the actual device every year or even every other year - they are not cheap.

But I do hope that we get the OS upgrade that seemed to have been promised (not a date certain, but an OS) so that APP developers keep the pb in mind and develop for it and for its potential NEW OS. That's where I don't like where Thor and company have left us - not knowing. Clearly, again, they can kill any device or device lineage and we can't expect that apps or OS's will always be upgraded. Things do outlive their usefulness. But I'm still waiting for what was PROMISED! And while the pb has probably not outlived its usefulness (to forestall those who will jump on that comment) as it has many useful functions even in its current state, that is entirely different than breaking promises or making vague comments about the pb.
    05-16-13 12:19 PM
    Why dev for the PlayBook when they have Z - 10 Q -10 and the hideous Q -5? That's 2 and a half devices that will get first dibs on apps and then maybe the PlayBook if the dev owns one and kinda likes it
    05-16-13 06:27 PM