If you are still using a BB PlayBook device, do not perform a security wipe if you plan to continue using it. BlackBerry activation servers have been down past couple months, and without any press release or notification about it from BlackBerry.

I have written this letter of plea to BlackBerry in response.
    Attached Thumbnails letter plea to BlackBerry on Activation Server issue-7640.jpg  
    Last edited by Jason Page; 11-17-18 at 05:27 PM.
    terghalin and barry_vancouver like this.
    11-17-18 05:10 PM
    If you are still using a BB OS 10 device, do not perform a security wipe if you plan to continue using it. BlackBerry activation servers have been down past couple months, and without any press release or notification about it from BlackBerry.

I have written this letter of plea to BlackBerry in response.
    It hasn't been down. I've had no issues.
    Rico4you likes this.
    11-17-18 05:22 PM
    Great job! Letter is flawless and speaks for all of us. Hopefully they look into this issue as ive tried everything myself and now seeing everything I've done and followed all there steps and procedures to be simply ignored now by them! Keep us posted and let us know what happens!
    11-17-18 05:25 PM
    im having issues as everyone else with playbook. I may have made mistake to include BB10 devices in letter however this issue has been for at least 2 months with Playbook devices as evident in this forum and other social media.
    11-17-18 05:26 PM
    im having issues as everyone else with playbook. I may have made mistake to include BB10 devices in letter however this issue has been for at least 2 months with Playbook devices as evident in this forum and other social media.
    Ya. No problems on BB10.
    Rico4you likes this.
    11-17-18 05:47 PM
    thanks, ill fax them the correction
    11-17-18 05:52 PM
    Playbook is a discontinued device and no longer officially supported. Good luck in getting a decent response.
    11-17-18 06:17 PM
    End of life cycle, April 2018.
    terghalin likes this.
    11-17-18 07:32 PM
    Wow, 5+ years between eos and eol.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-18 08:36 AM
    Playbook is a discontinued device and no longer officially supported. Good luck in getting a decent response.
    Obviously, we are not asking for continued support or anything, but we should be able to continue to use the device that we have paid in full. At least push out one final update to allow customers to bypass this step or something. That would be the right thing to do. It's simply wrong to leave your customers out in the cold like this.
    markus2107 likes this.
    11-18-18 06:52 PM
    Obviously, we are not asking for continued support or anything
    At least push out one final update
    Uhhhhhhhh...
    11-18-18 07:58 PM
    Obviously, we are not asking for continued support or anything, but we should be able to continue to use the device that we have paid in full. At least push out one final update to allow customers to bypass this step or something. That would be the right thing to do. It's simply wrong to leave your customers out in the cold like this.
    It's been 7.5 years. There isn't anyone around to even work on such an update.
    Rico4you and hplovecraft like this.
    11-18-18 08:00 PM
    I know that the chance of something happening is slim, but BB should have done something before turning the server off. They have everyone's BlackberryID (email). At least send out a communication to warn about this in advance. Come on, this is the least they should have done. Anyway, talk about what BlackBerry should have done is not going to help anyone. I guess that I am just upset about the situation. I had a working Playbook a few days ago, and now I have a paper weight. Oh well.
    11-18-18 08:35 PM
    There is People around to answer us and let us know what is going on with the product. Some of you arent understanding.. It goes to a Software Update and wont let us by pass it. We speak to them about it and there unaware of the issue. So yes its supposed to be still running and no we dont expect any new updates from it thats not what were saying.
    Get a $50 Fire tablet. This isn't worth you spending another minute on it. BlackBerry is long done with you as a customer, and they haven't had any consumer product to sell you in over 2 years.
    11-18-18 09:25 PM
    Get a $50 Fire tablet. This isn't worth you spending another minute on it. BlackBerry is long done with you as a customer, and they haven't had any consumer product to sell you in over 2 years.
    Reality whether we like it or not.
    john_v likes this.
    11-19-18 08:59 AM
    I got a response from BB in their twitter messenger. See below.

letter plea to BlackBerry on Activation Server issue-bb-response.png
    11-19-18 10:47 AM
    I got a response from BB in their twitter messenger. See below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb-response.png 
Views:	182 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	441395
    Same person who replied to my support question. I have a 64GB playbook that i remembered the password for, but a 16GB one i couldn't remember. So security-wiped it, and am now stuck in the same loop.

At least i was able to run the firmware upgrade to get it up to the latest version, but that still doesn't help.

Thanks for sending out the letter. Fingers crossed.
    11-19-18 12:02 PM
    ATTN EVERYONE!!

Just got an update from BlackBerry and for all of you that were assuming it's over and done with I just got official word from them. I've attached the picture below as proof..
    Attached Thumbnails letter plea to BlackBerry on Activation Server issue-20181119_130203_hdr.jpg  
    11-19-18 12:06 PM

Try Chrome Duplex. ( #enable-chrome-duplex flag in chrome://flags )
    Super easy to reach search + tabs icon from bottom of the screen.
    11-19-18 01:28 PM
    Try Chrome Duplex. ( #enable-chrome-duplex flag in chrome://flags )
    Super easy to reach search + tabs icon from bottom of the screen.
    I think it's called Duet now, but yes, I like that feature. I just find it still acts up from time to time. I flip it back on every now and then to see how it is progressing.
    11-19-18 01:31 PM
    Mine went to electronic recycling a few months ago after I scraped lots of dust off them along with unused phones.
    11-19-18 01:51 PM
    Am I the only one who likes to decide on his own, whether to buy a new device or continue using the one I already bought?
    ots1960 likes this.
    11-19-18 02:32 PM
    Had the same reply from blackberry help.
    I feel a lil skeptic about that reply since it seems like an automated response to avoid pressure from customers who own the playbook. Why do we need avtivation in the first place. the hardware and software were made and combined by them so who is pirating.
    11-19-18 02:40 PM
    Ww know what that is. We are not asking for support we are asking for access to use our devices.
    11-19-18 02:42 PM
    Am I the only one who likes to decide on his own, whether to buy a new device or continue using the one I already bought?
    Kind of hard to continue using something that doesn't work anymore.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    11-19-18 02:44 PM
63 123