Because it is a forum that is meant for discussing things like opinions. What makes your opinion anymore valid than his, you want your playbook to do more, he is quite happy with how it is and was really just pointing out that it doesn't NEED to be updated for him and that he continues to use it just fine. If anything your sentiment seems to be that tech needs to be replaced, in this case the tech is simply software instead of hardware.

IMHO (hope I don't offend anyone by posting an opinion in this forum) as I have said I simply want back the things that were removed in this latest "update", Bridge email/calendar etc.
    YES! YES! They take the most unique and powerful (my opinion) feature and cripple it - absurd!
    05-25-13 02:09 PM
    First thing I thought too. Are you kidding me? I'm not sure I can respond to this in any practical way so shut up I will.
    05-25-13 02:13 PM
    Let's be realistic here, if and when it arrives.. everyone is just gonna complain some more about something else about the PlayBook. It's too slow, why is it laggy, how come they removed this, why did they do that, when's the next update, WTF APPROVED THIS RELEASE, THORSTEN SHOULD BE FIRED!? lol. You all know it's true.
    of course we'll be saying that,,, improvements are key to that happening,,, & for the record, i'm already thinking about firing Thor,,, @ the very least, his marketing guy & ad agency DEFINATELY need to be canned,,, i just see a couple coincidences to the playbook release that concern me,,, i.e. p!ss poor marketing & all the other issues mentioned elsewhere...
    05-25-13 03:27 PM
    Let's be realistic here, if and when it arrives.. everyone is just gonna complain some more about something else about the PlayBook. It's too slow, why is it laggy, how come they removed this, why did they do that, when's the next update, WTF APPROVED THIS RELEASE, THORSTEN SHOULD BE FIRED!? lol. You all know it's true.
    How else to keep crackberry stay lively? Where else does someone go to complain and whine and actually get any response?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-25-13 05:54 PM
    How else to keep crackberry stay lively? Where else does someone go to complain and whine and actually get any response?
    oh cmon most angry posts are user error, we tell them how to fix it then they are happy others who have genuine problems either send it in to be fixed, live with it, or buy a new one

oops this was in reply to bla1ze's comment
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-25-13 06:26 PM
    This a repost
    Without the Bridge I will not get a 10 Anything! I don't want no stinking upgrade if I loose the Bridge.
    Just my honest opinion. Change just for pretty little aps and you have a bpad. Just get an iPad and you can get an app to powder your soft little bottom just like mommy used to do. BBs do work things. Like I said, my opinion.
    FF22, sad_old_man and convenor like this.
    05-25-13 08:04 PM
    This a repost
    Without the Bridge I will not get a 10 Anything! I don't want no stinking upgrade if I loose the Bridge.
    Just my honest opinion. Change just for pretty little aps and you have a bpad. Just get an iPad and you can get an app to powder your soft little bottom just like mommy used to do. BBs do work things. Like I said, my opinion.
    True. But if BlackBerry wants to make a comeback, it needs devices that do more than just "work things". And keep in mind that the two are not mutually exclusive.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 10:07 PM
    True. But if BlackBerry wants to make a comeback, it needs devices that do more than just "work things". And keep in mind that the two are not mutually exclusive.

Posted via CB10
    This is true, they are not mutually exclusive. I have a torch almost because the TV add showed business people in an amusement park type office setting. I think the BBs strengths are the business things though. I hope this is not lost.
    CDM76 and sad_old_man like this.
    05-25-13 10:50 PM
    It's true we don't NEED the update to BB10 on the Playbook, but it certainly wouldn't hurt either. At least if it's done properly and not just quickly slapped on to shut us all up.The improved browser, E-mail and app support are certainly things every Playbook owner would want -- especially when the support for jellybean is added.
    That aside, I do feel that it's in Blackberry's best interest to update it though. All their devices should be uniform, much like IOS or Android. Whether I pick up an iphone, ipod touch or ipad, the interface acts and looks the same. The same should hold true for Blackberry. Whether I pick up the Z10, Q10, Playbook or whatever else they release it should have the same look and feel across the board. Besides, I'm sure there's a ton of Playbook owners out there that have yet to buy or even look at the new phones. What better way to show them how slick the OS is?
    FF22, sad_old_man and convenor like this.
    05-25-13 11:20 PM
    you're wrong. without Thor. BB can't survive
    05-26-13 12:37 AM
    Not much has really changed since he took over. Same old same old for the most part. False promises, missed dates, vague release schedules. Shall I go on?

Thor took over but everything was already In the pipe for BB10. Kinda like he farts about mobile computing all the time. But is vague and gives no real vision.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-26-13 01:39 AM
    I want BB10 on my Playbook so I can install Skype. I also hear that the browser is better...
    05-26-13 05:58 AM
    Not having to pay twice for the same app across your phone and tablet.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 06:00 AM
    without US, BB can't survive,,, ol' Thor really hasn't done much if you think about it...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-26-13 10:30 AM
    I definitely want whatever your drinking!!!!!! No company is totally reliant on one person and I don't care if the person is the CEO!

If the basic receptionist doesn't answer the phone? The company is going to fail.

Please tell me what you've been drinking!
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    05-26-13 01:06 PM
    Not much has really changed since he took over. Same old same old for the most part. False promises, missed dates, vague release schedules. Shall I go on?

Thor took over but everything was already In the pipe for BB10. Kinda like he farts about mobile computing all the time. But is vague and gives no real vision.
    Kinda sad actually. Heard BBRY has lost another couple % points in market share to the sub-1% region. 3rd place is now Windows Phone. I think apps situation is pretty similar for the two OSs, except WP has Netflix. Can that drive success?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-26-13 02:20 PM
    We can all die peacefully in our sleep.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-26-13 02:42 PM
    Not if you own shares! What's sleep?
    05-26-13 03:02 PM
    Oh, like gramps while driving his car and his poor passengers screamed in terror!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-26-13 03:05 PM
    When the Playbook was released, the software was just not there yet when compared to Apple out of the gate with the iPad. People have the right to complain, they have been waiting years for getting what they wanted from their tablet. Blackberry dropped the ball by dragging their a-- for so long that the Playbook became antiquated by virtue of never getting the software mature enough for their ecosystem to take hold. Don't compare Apple not supporting their older generation of products to Blackberry. How many generations of the iPad have been released with the latest and greatest software to take advantage of what the hardware can offer? So there is no incentive to backport to an older generation if the current and next generation is more than adequate for the applications in the pipeline. What did Blackberry release that warranted better hardware? Nothing, so we will have to live with whatever BB10 has to offer on a very well aged platform.
    05-26-13 09:51 PM
    I definitely want whatever your drinking!!!!!! No company is totally reliant on one person and I don't care if the person is the CEO!
    The proof of that either way will be how Apple perform over the next decade. It hasn't been plain sailing for them over the last year with some very un-Jobs like mistakes.

Posted via CB10
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-27-13 08:00 PM
    Kinda sad actually. Heard BBRY has lost another couple % points in market share to the sub-1% region. 3rd place is now Windows Phone. I think apps situation is pretty similar for the two OSs, except WP has Netflix. Can that drive success?
    That was US market share results not global results. In the US BlackBerry has had virtually no market share for years. It's a different story outside of the US.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    05-27-13 08:03 PM
    Here's what will happen if PlayBook gets BB10. Our PlayBook will only be able to run one small app at a time, forget 3D games, you'll be lucky if you can load the browser AND a web page at the same time.

1GB of RAM just isn't enough for BB10. That's why the BB10 phones have 2GB of RAM.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 08:09 PM
    I don't care if ir bricks. I want the update because it was promised. I was an early adopter with a device that rendered short in many categories. I understand the delay. I understand that I can't expect the same on of the tablet as I get from the zed. I just want what was promised. No I don't own stock in BlackBerry but I did my small part in keeping them afloat. Developers got a red zed. All I'm asking for is an update on my pb.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and kbz1960 like this.
    05-27-13 08:18 PM
    The proof of that either way will be how Apple perform over the next decade. It hasn't been plain sailing for them over the last year with some very un-Jobs like mistakes.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with that but the bottom line is, as I have said many times, you are never going to make any inroads into Apple or Droid customer bases without a very good product.

I am not alone in my dislike of Apple and for different reasons many technical reviewers are just the same and are only waiting to see something unseat Apples rule of the mobile phone kingdom. They are usually the first people to get their hands on a new product but none of them are stupid enough to take on the giant with a wooden sword!. In RIM's case a wooden sword where the nails holding it together need a bit more knocking in to be secure.

Apples development staff were probably a little concerned regarding the release of bb10 but after reading the technical reviews they probably still HAVN'T stopped laughing yet!

Give the reviewers a weapon to fight with and trust me they will win the battle for you. Give them the Z10 or Q10 and they throw it in a drawer and go back to sleep. It was RIM's decision to remove the BIS function from the bb10 handsets that made them unique for many reasons, but now they have done when you compare the likes of the iphone and S4 against the bb10 handsets, I'm sorry but the bb10 handsets are not even in the same league. You can now all say "it will all be better when they get bb10 finished" and by then the damage will have been done and the chances of anyone taking any further notice of any future bb10 devices seriously are very slim.

Please remember fanboys I don't make the rules of business, I just abide by them!
    El Bori likes this.
    05-28-13 07:26 AM
61 123