RIM is not going to market this in any other way than "3G Playbook". why are some of you still making it sound like a Playbook 2?
    01-26-12 04:20 PM
    RIM is not going to market this in any other way than "3G Playbook". why are some of you still making it sound like a Playbook 2?
    It makes us happy when we do this!
    01-26-12 04:24 PM
    Pretty sure the plan for the Playbook 3G would be to take some marketshare from people who don't own Blackberry phones and wouldn't have the ability to bridge. Having its own modem would make it connect to BIS/BES easier I'm sure so maybe that'll bring BBM/BES to the 3G playbook. Small bump in power wouldn't really cause many WiFi PB owners want to jump over unless they really wanted NFC or the 3G modem because they don't bridge anyways. Even then, most modern phones can mobile hotspot now so have a 3g built in may only attract some customers who were interested in the iPad 3G or something.
    01-26-12 04:24 PM
    Actually, all you are doing is perpetuating unsubstantiated rumors. Even the responsible media outlets (using the phrase loosely) refer to it as rumor.
    Sorry for being irresponsible. Please, do not make any investments based on this thread. I am not liable for you possible losses.
    01-26-12 04:26 PM
    Sorry for being irresponsible. Please, do not make any investments based on this thread. I am not liable for you possible losses.
    Do we really have to make disclaimers in the threads now, what has this world come to?
    kennyliu and AugustArborists like this.
    01-26-12 04:30 PM
    I have a sneaky feeling this has been ready to go for quite a while now, but without native email it wouldn't have been very attractive.
    01-26-12 04:51 PM
    I have a sneaky feeling this has been ready to go for quite a while now, but without native email it wouldn't have been very attractive.
    If it has this has been laying low for a while now, however RIM is usually good at keeping secrets!
    01-26-12 04:54 PM
    You forgot APS-C CMOS sensor with Carl Zeis lens with 10x optical zoom and optical stabilization for both cameras, the quad core being core i7 Ivy Bridge, and 4K display
    Darn. Google could not translate that into English!
    kennyliu likes this.
    01-26-12 06:26 PM
    Darn. Google could not translate that into English!
    That cracked me up...
    01-26-12 06:35 PM
    That cracked me up...
    Off topic - I do have a quite old camera, bellows, with a Carl Zeiss lens.

Off Off topic - and I blew your nice round 500 posts, too! Congrats.
    01-26-12 06:38 PM
    I think playbook 3g has native BBM, I hope so...
    01-26-12 06:41 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD