02-03-13 03:42 PM
60 123
tools
    i can't believe it! they actually made the Blackberry Playbook have BLACKBERRY features, like, you know, long pressing a picture and having a sub menu pop up and being able to send it as an e-mail or to a friend on BBM or even upload it to my facebook album through the APP, or i can long press a URL in the browser and send it as an e-mail! I can even long press a song in my music player and send it as a file or delete it off my playbook all together! this is splendid!

I love how everything is so well integrated with each other! just like on my BLACKBERRY phone, you know come to think of it the one thing i really loved about my phone was that every app was fully integrated with the other one! this made using the full system that BLACKBERRY provided so useful and practical!

oh and would you believe it? they even added a desktop client for blackberry video chat, NOW I CAN FINALLY VIDEO CHAT WITH MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY FROM WHEREVER I AM.

OH and I almost forgot! Sheets to go actually show formatting from Excel 2007 and beyond! wow! what a great feature! it's nice to actually see all those details highlighted like they should be!

and they even moved the ALT key back to where it's supposed to be! this is so intuitive now!

and that red light at the top of the playbook is actually used to NOTIFY ME of things! like a new email or BBM message (which by the way is smooth as a newborn's tushie through bridge might i add) AND THEY ADDED ARROWS! THOSE BEAUTIFUL INDICATION ARROWS TO SHOW YOU THAT DATA IS BEING SENT BACK AND FORTH OH LORD I MISS YOU ARROWS!

OH OH OH AND GUYS THEY A-C-T-U-A-L-L-Y BROUGHT THE MOST USEFUL FEATURE FROM THE CURRENT BLACKBERRY OS-------ARE YOU READY?!?!?

UNIVERSAL SEARCH! OH MY WOW, ALL I HAVE TO DO IS TYPE AND AS I TYPE IT WILL FILTER THE RESULTS WITH IT'S LIGHTNING FAST DUAL CORE PROCOESSOR! GOD I LOVE THIS QNX OS!

AND TEXT MESSAGES SHOW UP IN BRIDGE NOW! WOW I CAN FINALLY BRIDGE MY PHONE AND NOT HAVE TO LOOK AT IT UNLESS I'M GETTING A CALL WHICH I'M SURE WILL BE FIXED ON THE NEXT UPDATE IN TWO WEEKS!

AND THE APP WORLD IS FILLED WITH SO MANY BEAUTIFUL LOOKING AND USEFUL, PRACTICAL APPS! MY WORD! THERE'S SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM! LIKE DRAGON! COMPLETE VOICE ACTIVATED PLAYBOOK CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!?

AND THERE ARE SO MANY MORE OPTIONS TO PLAY AROUND WITH LIKE MY FONT TYPE AND SIZE, AND I CAN ACTUALLY CHOOSE TO NOT LET MY SCREEN TIME OUT WHEN THE PLAYBOOK IS PLUGGED IN!!!!!!!!!! LORDDDDDD YOU HAVE ANSWERED MY PRAYERSSS FROM ABOVEEEE!!! I'M BUYING 500 RIM SHARES TOMORROW!

other than that i'm pretty happy with the playbook for now.....
    wow. cut back on the monster drinks. too much caffine..
    05-26-11 01:04 AM
    i got an update. it says
    delllatsni erawftos tsetal eht evah yltnerruc uoY
    Y-man, bbquincar and BBRYCnvnedMe like this.
    05-26-11 03:57 AM
    i can't believe it! they actually made the Blackberry Playbook have BLACKBERRY features, like, you know, long pressing a picture and having a sub menu pop up and being able to send it as an e-mail or to a friend on BBM or even upload it to my facebook album through the APP, or i can long press a URL in the browser and send it as an e-mail! I can even long press a song in my music player and send it as a file or delete it off my playbook all together! this is splendid!

I love how everything is so well integrated with each other! just like on my BLACKBERRY phone, you know come to think of it the one thing i really loved about my phone was that every app was fully integrated with the other one! this made using the full system that BLACKBERRY provided so useful and practical!

oh and would you believe it? they even added a desktop client for blackberry video chat, NOW I CAN FINALLY VIDEO CHAT WITH MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY FROM WHEREVER I AM.

OH and I almost forgot! Sheets to go actually show formatting from Excel 2007 and beyond! wow! what a great feature! it's nice to actually see all those details highlighted like they should be!

and they even moved the ALT key back to where it's supposed to be! this is so intuitive now!

and that red light at the top of the playbook is actually used to NOTIFY ME of things! like a new email or BBM message (which by the way is smooth as a newborn's tushie through bridge might i add) AND THEY ADDED ARROWS! THOSE BEAUTIFUL INDICATION ARROWS TO SHOW YOU THAT DATA IS BEING SENT BACK AND FORTH OH LORD I MISS YOU ARROWS!

OH OH OH AND GUYS THEY A-C-T-U-A-L-L-Y BROUGHT THE MOST USEFUL FEATURE FROM THE CURRENT BLACKBERRY OS-------ARE YOU READY?!?!?

UNIVERSAL SEARCH! OH MY WOW, ALL I HAVE TO DO IS TYPE AND AS I TYPE IT WILL FILTER THE RESULTS WITH IT'S LIGHTNING FAST DUAL CORE PROCOESSOR! GOD I LOVE THIS QNX OS!

AND TEXT MESSAGES SHOW UP IN BRIDGE NOW! WOW I CAN FINALLY BRIDGE MY PHONE AND NOT HAVE TO LOOK AT IT UNLESS I'M GETTING A CALL WHICH I'M SURE WILL BE FIXED ON THE NEXT UPDATE IN TWO WEEKS!

AND THE APP WORLD IS FILLED WITH SO MANY BEAUTIFUL LOOKING AND USEFUL, PRACTICAL APPS! MY WORD! THERE'S SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM! LIKE DRAGON! COMPLETE VOICE ACTIVATED PLAYBOOK CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!?

AND THERE ARE SO MANY MORE OPTIONS TO PLAY AROUND WITH LIKE MY FONT TYPE AND SIZE, AND I CAN ACTUALLY CHOOSE TO NOT LET MY SCREEN TIME OUT WHEN THE PLAYBOOK IS PLUGGED IN!!!!!!!!!! LORDDDDDD YOU HAVE ANSWERED MY PRAYERSSS FROM ABOVEEEE!!! I'M BUYING 500 RIM SHARES TOMORROW!

other than that i'm pretty happy with the playbook for now.....
    Are you injecting caffeine straight into your veins?
    05-26-11 05:08 AM
    This is wierd

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-11 07:11 AM
    Are you injecting caffeine straight into your veins?
    No. He def was high.
    05-26-11 07:41 AM
    Sonofabitch, now I have to go out and fake buy one.

05-26-11 08:14 AM
    I CAN FINALLY BRIDGE MY PHONE AND NOT HAVE TO LOOK AT IT UNLESS I'M GETTING A CALL
    You missed the setting in the Bluetooth options. If you select the paired device and then click the new properties button, you can choose "Act as handsfree device for devicename." Works great! It will then output to either speakers, headphones, or even a bluetooth headset with an A2DP profile.
    Last edited by mythdraug; 05-26-11 at 08:41 AM.
    05-26-11 08:39 AM
    This thread is funny and weird at the same time.
    05-26-11 09:29 AM
    This thread is funny and weird at the same time.
    We're all like 5 here.
    05-26-11 09:30 AM
    This new update morphed my PlayBook into a Transformer. It's totally sweet. Its name is Rockimaximus Prime. Not only does it transform from a BlackBerry Playbook into a totally awesome robot (who's only task is to protect me from harm, and smash iPads), but it also transforms into the most bad *** concept car ever. I mean think about the coolest car with all the awesomest features. Yep, Rockimaximus Prime is way awesomer then that even.

Oh yeah, there is a button that you press too that sprays me with AXE Body Spray and well...you know how those commercials go...
    05-26-11 09:32 AM
    I love how the android player actually loads up a virtual Honeycomb OS. Glad that GPS now works and only takes 3 of 4 seconds to get within 1 meter accuracy. The new Gmail app isnt too bad.. nothin fancy but I LOVE Google Earth on this thing. Not much different from the desktop app!
    My only complaint is about the Skype app. Anyone else having issues changing their display pic? Aside from that its pretty decent! Im in a group video call right now and there virtually no lag. I think I'll stream some movies off my Windows Network share using the native file browser.
    This one takes the cake haha Lovin it!

05-26-11 09:44 AM

Looks like the update broke the caps-lock though, guess we need an update to fix the bugs in the update.
    05-26-11 10:45 AM
    just updated my pb....& damn on re-starting it turned into some sort of bad gangsta "Terminator" which keeps on saying just one sentence over & over & over ..... "Hasta la vista, baby"....."Hasta la vista, baby"...."Hasta la vista, baby"....."Hasta la vista, baby".....

someone pls make it stop.....
    05-26-11 11:04 AM
    What an amazing update!!! My Playbook is on its way to write an exam for me while I watch TV… Nice
    05-26-11 01:24 PM
    Sweet, mine has Cydia...
    05-26-11 02:29 PM
    just finished updating!
    love the new 3D feature but hope rim or third party comes out with better glasses, using the ones that came with my 3D tv for now
    05-26-11 03:39 PM
    Looks like the update broke the caps-lock though, guess we need an update to fix the bugs in the update.
    no worries at this rate there should be new OS IN 15 min or so.
    05-26-11 03:41 PM
    gotta go, new update alert just popped up.
    05-26-11 03:42 PM
    It keeps asking me to go out and check the satellite dish.
    05-26-11 03:56 PM
    This thread is kinda sad when you think about it. You maybe should look for a tablet that already does what you need.
    05-26-11 03:58 PM
    RIM should be ashamed that we are posting these things...
    05-26-11 04:05 PM
    heheh if steve balmer did get fired from microsoft, maybe he'll swap places with jim balsilie. and steve balmer will announce an update right away. i feel rim bosses lacking personality / interpersonal charm. they need to be more diplomatic. or just be upfront like steve jobs.
    wonder why did everyone got bal in their name, like balvenie?
    05-26-11 05:46 PM
    RIM should be ashamed that we are posting these things...
    words of truth and accuracy
    05-26-11 06:06 PM
    corporations never feel ashamed. but money make them blushed
    05-26-11 06:11 PM
    I think it is more telling what posts are not being made, yes there are things lacking but there are very few threads about things that should work but aren't (GPS obviously excluded) any other device you would see a ton of "It's Bricked" "My screen died" "buttons quite working" etc..

To me it seems what does work works well, and that's a good sign of things to come.
    05-26-11 06:13 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD