She calls me to tell me that it is asking for my BB ID User/Pass.... She said that she turned off the tablet and turned it on the next day and it asked for the password which she entered. After she entered the password the Playbook was at the setup screen... My tablet has been wiped everything gone... She swears that she did not go to the security settings and to the security wipe and type in blackberry and wiped my tablet... I somewhat believe her being that the only app on the tablet is the browser itself and nothing else... But why or how would the Playbook just perform a wipe and reboot without user input?

Sad because there were things on there that I had not recently backed up... 3 PB's in my family and never has this happened until now. Am I the only one? Or did my ding bat mom fudge up my tablet?
    12-09-13 05:50 PM
    Or did my ding bat mom fudge up my tablet?
    She was probably on Android Central and XDA all night trying to flash a custom Android ROM on it.
    12-09-13 06:01 PM
    Does it not also wipe if the pw is entered wrong 10 times? Could that have happened?

AT&T Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1791
    Eqi Sz, pttptppt and Carl Estes like this.
    12-09-13 06:06 PM
    The password was 1234... She said she entered it once... Whats extremely odd is that since it was "wiped" there is no more password. Since when did wiping a BlackBerry device also wipe the password?
    12-09-13 06:12 PM
    I've had that happen before... no warning... nothing... when I turned it on it just went through the startup process and everything was wiped...

Posted via CB10
    thompsdj likes this.
    12-09-13 06:56 PM
    I guess good to know it has happened before? Was there anything you did prior to booting up that blew it away? Also I noticed it rolled back to .1526 when it was on .1753, did your do the same?
    12-10-13 12:10 AM
    It sucks but let it be a reminder to everyone else, DO A BACK-UP!
    curve-20 likes this.
    12-10-13 05:30 AM
    Never had that happen to mine... maybe an anomaly??

Squircle device powered by 10.2.1.1055
    12-10-13 06:36 AM
    In my experience, getting people to truly admit what they might have accidentally done is rather hard work. It doesn't matter, what's done is done.
    kbz1960 and PatrickMJS like this.
    12-10-13 06:43 AM
    The password was 1234... She said she entered it once... Whats extremely odd is that since it was "wiped" there is no more password. Since when did wiping a BlackBerry device also wipe the password?
    Since the beginning of time. If you cant remember the PW before the first wipe, what makes you think you can remember it before the second wipe?
    kbz1960 and PatrickMJS like this.
    12-10-13 06:48 AM
    I remember my younger kids trying to break into my PlayBook. Password is 12345, so it's not that hard. The older kid uses it just fine. It asks you to type in "blackberry" after several attempts before you can continue attempting to log in, so it's not like it'll just take the first ten attempts only. The PlayBook will sometimes catch my fingers through the BlackBerry case so it'll bring up odd apps at times. That said, I've never seen any of my PlayBooks just wipe itself. I've wiped it and seen it come up with just the browser and setup icons before, but a reset always bring it back to full use.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    12-10-13 10:26 AM
    I too am skeptical that a PlayBook would just up and go through a security wipe on its own. Methinks mom just didn't know what she was doing. Sorry for your loss.
    12-10-13 10:58 AM
    In my experience, getting people to truly admit what they might have accidentally done is rather hard work. It doesn't matter, what's done is done.

Nuff said. End of discussion ...
    12-10-13 11:51 AM
    I guess good to know it has happened before? Was there anything you did prior to booting up that blew it away? Also I noticed it rolled back to .1526 when it was on .1753, did your do the same?
    Nothing at all... just a normal power on startup (I usually keep my Playbook off to minimize battery drain)

...the worst part was I had just returned from a conference and hadn't backed up yet... and lost all my electronic info from the conference (audio recordings and pictures of slides during presentations)
    12-10-13 06:57 PM