My left speaker just stopped working. The right speaker works perfectly fine; the sound is just as good as new. I restarted my PB but still not working.

When using the headphone output, both L and R computer speakers worked normally.

I'm afraid my Left speaker on my PB blew out or something is loose under the hood. Anyone know where I can replace this?

EDIT:

Okay, the speaker is working properly somehow

I had a feeling that the Left speaker wasn't blow and it was probably just something wrong with the PB from an OS stand point. And yep, I was right. I don't know what happened, all I know is that the speakers were as they should. Weird.

Maybe it's because I was playing Dead Space and I was "hallucinating" that the Left speaker wasn't working...

EDIT (5 minutes later):

The Left speaker just went out again! It went silent after I turned the volume up. Argghh!!!

EDIT (another 5 minutes later) I FOUND THE SOURCE OF MY PROBLEM, KINDA...:

Now it's working again. It seems that something is loose. What I discovered was that as I am pressing the volume buttons I am slighting squeezing the PB. When I squeeze the PB (taking my thumb and index finger holding the front facing camera and rear facing camera area) the Left speaker sound comes on. If I mess with the volume buttons a little then the Left speaker will go silent again. And when I squeeze/apply pressure to the PB (on the camera area) the Left speaker comes back on...

It seems like the housing of the PB is loose around that area, thus causing a loose connection under the hood. I don't even have to apply much pressure, just a simple nudge (if that) works.

Has this happened to anyone before? Any ideas on how to fix it?
    Last edited by jranciano; 12-28-11 at 05:28 AM.
    12-28-11 03:03 AM
    I recall seeing photos of the Playbook's disassembly someplace--you should be able to find with Google. But, opening the Playbook would probably void the warranty. If you still have a warranty, I would give RIM a call and let them fix/replace it.
    12-28-11 03:14 AM
    For sure, if it's under warranty, give RIM a call. They may be able to help you out. Make taking it apart a last resort.
    Good luck
    12-28-11 03:16 AM
    Just curious, how long is the warranty good for?
    12-28-11 04:40 AM
    playbooks have a 1 year manufacture warranty from rim.
    12-28-11 09:07 AM
    Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com
    12-28-11 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD