Hello all.

I have a 64GB PlayBook that I bought myself at the release date and a 32GB I purchased for my father about a month ago. Both devices are fine, but on the new 32GB my father has been complaining about pressing down the left-side volume rocker to decrease the volume level with no response from the device.

I gave it a test this morning and he is not imagining things or missing the button. For whatever reason the right-side is very responsive and works as it should but the left-side takes a few extra pushes to get it going. Oddly enough, if the little volume level box is on the screen (press right-side, then left) it works fine. Once the volume box goes away, however, the problem comes back and the left-side goes back to behaving badly.

Any suggestions? Anyone else see this kind of behavior from their PlayBook?
    07-30-11 07:04 AM
    It would sound like a hardware issue, but that extra detail you mentioned about the volume display onscreen makes me think it's a software issue of some sort.
    07-30-11 10:22 AM
    It would sound like a hardware issue, but that extra detail you mentioned about the volume display onscreen makes me think it's a software issue of some sort.
    That's my line of thinking. I'm not sure what to do. It's more an annoyance than anything. The volume can be augmented otherwise but why when it could be fixed to work appropriately... If its software related then hopefully we could get a fix issued.

No one else has seen this kind of behavior?
    07-30-11 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD