LED notification does not work on my PB. Only the red glow as before. I did set the LED notification "ON" in the settings. Anyone else has this issue?
    02-21-12 12:16 PM
    mine flashes the red led notification whenever there is an email. yours already had led notification even before?

did you mean that we can also customize the color?
    02-21-12 12:27 PM
    I think what the OP means is how to get the LED notification to simply turn on, not customize colour. I'm exactley like the OP; my LED does not flash for any message received. I have mine set up for "Glow and LED" via the settings options but all I get is the glow in the upper left hand corner of the Playbook screen - the LED does not flash.
    02-21-12 12:30 PM
    I think what the OP means is how to get the LED notification to simply turn on, not customize colour. I'm exactley like the OP; my LED does not flash for any message received. I have mine set up for "Glow and LED" via the settings options but all I get is the glow in the upper left hand corner of the Playbook screen - the LED does not flash.
    Yes. LED won't flash when email is received. Any luck?
    02-21-12 12:33 PM
    My LED is working just fine. It's blinking all red and sexy whenever an e-mail comes in.
    02-21-12 12:36 PM
    Seems the LED notification only works for native mail. Bridge mail still only activates the corner glow.
    Chrisy and hpjrt like this.
    02-21-12 12:41 PM
    My PB's LED blinks when I receive a message on facebook, love it!
    RicThot likes this.
    02-21-12 12:46 PM
    mine only glows, but settings are "Glow and LED"
    It never did flash...
    02-21-12 12:48 PM
    Mine did blink when new emails came in, then it stopped for some reason, rebooted and it works again...
    02-21-12 12:49 PM
    Please SEARCH the forums before posting. I made this exact thread at like 6am

Come on people!

Btw, mine has magically fixed itself
    02-21-12 01:17 PM
    LED works just on gmail and yahoo mail, calendar alerts, not BES messages on my PB.
    02-21-12 02:02 PM
    mine works for new emails awesome!
    02-21-12 05:34 PM
    Go to messages app then settings and set 'display new message indicator' on. My led works now!
    06-19-12 04:24 PM
    I've had the same issue since upgrading to the most recent version of OS2. No settings have changed, yet the new message alert (flashing red LED) only works intermittently. This is for native email -- not the bridge. Prior to the update, it worked like a charm. Since then, I can no longer rely on the LED to tell me when I have new messages... Extremely disappointing.
    Last edited by Ceratoneis; 06-26-12 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Corrected to appease other charming members.
    06-25-12 02:18 PM
    I've had the same issue since upgrading to OS2. No settings have changed, yet the new message alert (flashing red LED) only works intermittently. This is for native email -- not the bridge. Prior to OS2, it worked like a charm. Since OS2, I can no longer rely on the LED to tell me when I have new messages... Extremely disappointing.
    That's odd that it worked for you before the OS2 updates but not after. Mainly because it wasn't an option before the update.

I'm extremely disappointed in your first attempt at trolling.
    BLu likes this.
    06-25-12 02:38 PM
    I've had the same issue since upgrading to OS2. No settings have changed, yet the new message alert (flashing red LED) only works intermittently. This is for native email -- not the bridge. Prior to OS2, it worked like a charm. Since OS2, I can no longer rely on the LED to tell me when I have new messages... Extremely disappointing.
    Really??? Lmao! Do you even know what a playbook is?
    06-25-12 08:27 PM
    Not sure what you're talking about, nor why you feel the need to call me a troll? I specifically signed up to the forums because of this issue. Perhaps I expressed myself improperly? Prior to OS2, the LED would flash when I received new email on my yahoo and gmail accounts. Now it may or may not flash, for reasons unclear.

Thanks for that very positive and encouraging response, however. Certainly makes a person feel welcome.

Ah -- nevermind. I just caught my own mistake. There was no native email prior to OS2. The subsequent update 2.X.X.X screwed up the LED. Apologies. Still doesn't warrant the nasty responses.
    Last edited by Ceratoneis; 06-26-12 at 10:19 AM.
    06-26-12 10:16 AM
    Not sure what you're talking about, nor why you feel the need to call me a troll? I specifically signed up to the forums because of this issue. Perhaps I expressed myself improperly? Prior to OS2, the LED would flash when I received new email on my yahoo and gmail accounts. Now it may or may not flash, for reasons unclear.

Thanks for that very positive and encouraging response, however. Certainly makes a person feel welcome.
    I think the discrepancy here is that the LED was never enabled before OS2 hit earlier this year for any notifications, but only when the device is charging. I think there is a miscommunication here...

...lol and I just posted this and read your edit above
    Last edited by axllebeer; 06-26-12 at 10:23 AM.
    06-26-12 10:19 AM
    I think the discrepancy here is that the LED was never enabled before OS2 hit earlier this year for any notifications, but only when the device is charging. I think there is a miscommunication here...

...lol and I just posted this and read your edit above
    Thanks for the diplomatic response -- appreciated. Now if only somebody could help me figure out the issue with the unpredictable LED...
    06-26-12 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD