MY Playbook is working perfectly, I have recently upgrade to 2.1.0.1526 and applications work fine. However my indicator LED is white all the time. I have tried a full security wipe, removing all applications and nothing seems to fix it. This problem was there before the upgrade of the OS, so I don't believe it has anything to do with that. Does anyone know why the LED might be lit all the time?
    04-28-13 01:16 AM
    MY Playbook is working perfectly, I have recently upgrade to 2.1.0.1526 and applications work fine. However my indicator LED is white all the time. I have tried a full security wipe, removing all applications and nothing seems to fix it. This problem was there before the upgrade of the OS, so I don't believe it has anything to do with that. Does anyone know why the LED might be lit all the time?
    I am sure someone with more knowledge than me will help you soon, but until then I will attempt to help. You did a full security wipe, was that on the PB or did you connect it to your computer and used BB Desktop Manager? If you didn't connect it to your computer to wipe it (debrick), then maybe try that.

Also, I believe the white light comes on to say it is charging when the PB is turned off (I don't turn mine off when charging, so not 100%). If it isn't an application then it sounds like whatever manages the light (probably OS) got "stuck" (thats my advanced technical term for it). Maybe let it drain until 70 or 80 percent battery life is remaining, then turn off the PB, and then let it charge up to see if it forces it to turn green once fully charged.

Maybe try the stacking method (plug in for 2 minutes, unplug for 2 minutes and repeat a few times... maybe 5 or 10 or 15 times. See if that forces the light to act normal again.

Finally, it could be a short in the board. Again, I am not an expert, but maybe their is a screw up on the board. I hope it isn't because that would require a professional fix.

Hopefully one of those methods work. If not, well here in CB there are a ton of helpful and knowledgeable members that may have an easy fix, or at least a fix that you can do without opening it up or sending it in for repairs.
    04-28-13 01:58 AM
    The above suggestions are good. If they fail

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    Smartphones BlackBerry Z10 - Tous les Tlphones Portables BlackBerry - FR - France
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)

BlackBerry Customer Support Center
    Austria:0800-297-476
    Belgium:800-77-980
    RIM (Brasil Support toll free number): 0800-022-3161
    Bulgaria: 00800-118-1115
    Denmark: 802-50198
    France: 800-914-533
    Germany: 800-181-6530
    Italy: 800-789-272
    Luxembourg: 800-2-2187
    Netherlands: 800-022-7316
    Norway: 00-1-647-426-7058
    Poland: 00-800-112-43-59
    Portugal: 800-827-760
    Russia: 8-800-100-9643
    South Africa: 0800988892
    Spain: 900-866-969
    Sweden: 02-079-4448
    Switzerland: 0-800-802-492
    United Kingdom: 08000962805

Phone-Numbers of BlackBerry PLAYBOOK- Helpdesks...

Germany: 0800 1816530 (Gebhrenfrei)

North-America: 1 877 255 2377 (Toll Free)

UK: 0808 100 7466 (Toll Free UK only)

Outside UK: +44 1753 558400

Worldwide: 1 519 888 6181

help@blackberry.com

(BTW: Helpdesk for BlackBerry devices -except PlayBook- for Germany:
    0180 3302626)
    04-28-13 08:57 AM
    Before calling BB I would try the "debrick". Support will probably have you do that anyway. Backup anything you don't want to lose because it will wipe everything and reload the OS.

The white light is not normal. Charging whille off will give a green/yellow light depending on the angle you look at it. I don't believe, without rooting, there is any application that can control the LED. Stack charging isn't needed.
    04-28-13 09:54 AM
    Stack charging isn't needed.
    I was thinking stack charging might help with getting it "unstuck". What is the white light for? I honestly haven't seen (or noticed at least) that color light. When I searched it, it says it is the color when it charges from the off position. Oddly enough there seems to be a bit of a debate on what color yellow is and what color white is, but if so many people mistaken the colors, so could the OP (or me if I was observant enough when I charged my PB all these times). So I am not thinking about it as a dead battery but rather force the battery and the OS to come to terms, so to speak... or rather force the OS to see that the battery isn't charging anymore.

But yeah, debricking is always a good thing to try before calling support.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-chart-721879/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-mean-678514/
    04-28-13 02:40 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'm going to trying 'debricking' first with a PC connection. The security wipe I did was via the tablet itself. Just to be clear this light is on all the time, regardless of whether the tablet is docked or otherwise connected. As a result I do not see any other colour light, so for example I don't see that email has come in. The light is certanly white, very bright white without a hint of any other colour.

I'll report back in a while after the debrick procedure.
    04-29-13 03:36 PM
    OK so I'm feeling a little stupid here, but I can't for the life of me get to the 'debrick' option on my Playbook. I have powered it off then connected to my computer via USB and let it start up, but it keeps going through the bubble screens and in to the OS, it never pops up any message asking to update or anything like that. Is there something obvious I am missing about how to get into this option?
    04-29-13 04:19 PM
    OK so I'm feeling a little stupid here, but I can't for the life of me get to the 'debrick' option on my Playbook. I have powered it off then connected to my computer via USB and let it start up, but it keeps going through the bubble screens and in to the OS, it never pops up any message asking to update or anything like that. Is there something obvious I am missing about how to get into this option?
    Connect to PB to desktop manager. Once you're connected hit restart on the PB. At some point during the reboot you will see a pop up on the PC with the option to update. The popup will only be there for 30 seconds or so.
    04-29-13 04:31 PM
    I think Chaddface means, START the Desktop Software on your computer. Once it is running, connect the OFF pb to the usb and turn the pb on.

Here's my boilerplate:

Try the Debrick method....

Perform a backup of your pb if you can using Desktop Manager or, at least, manually coping any unique data, photos, voice recordings, documents, etc.

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile
    04-29-13 04:49 PM
    Well the set up/update completed, everything is back to factory settings and I still have the LED lit constantly. Everything else works fine with it but that LED is certainly starting to annoy me.
    04-29-13 05:47 PM
    I allowed the Playbook to completely drain the battery and then charged it again to see if that made any difference, but still the LED is permanently lit whatever I do. I have completely wiped it, de-bricked it and am running the latest version of the OS, but there has been no change to this phenomenon. Other than the LED not working correctly everything else is fine. Does anyone have any more suggestions as to how I could fix this?
    05-06-13 02:36 PM
    After the debrick, etc, did it still have the led on? So you did not restore any possibly errant app?
    05-06-13 04:25 PM
    Sorry for the late response, yes the light remains on following the debrick and I have not re-installed any apps or even accounts on the PlayBook. It is I believe close to the original factory condition now but still the LED is lit constantly.
    05-21-13 01:59 PM
    Sounds like a hardware problem since it's not clearing after a debrick. White LED is really just all the colours lit at once, there is no function that is supposed to have a white light. Looks like all the LED's are stuck on.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 02:15 PM
    I am not sure that it is hardware. If I power of the PlayBook completely and then start it up again the LED comes on briefly then is off for most of the time that "BlackBerry PlayBook" is displayed on a black background, and then the LED lights up again and stays on as the animated background starts. If it were hardware related then I would expect the light to be on continuously as soon as the device is turned on.
    05-21-13 02:57 PM
    I am not sure that it is hardware. If I power of the PlayBook completely and then start it up again the LED comes on briefly then is off for most of the time that "BlackBerry PlayBook" is displayed on a black background, and then the LED lights up again and stays on as the animated background starts. If it were hardware related then I would expect the light to be on continuously as soon as the device is turned on.
    That does sound odd. I guess best to give BlackBerry support a try. From what I heard they're very helpful even for units past warranty.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 07:15 AM
    On the phone with support now, they have suggested the fault is a 'burnt out LED' and are going to take it in for repair. I can certainly live without it for a few weeks so I'll see how that goes.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-23-13 10:40 AM
    On the phone with support now, they have suggested the fault is a 'burnt out LED' and are going to take it in for repair. I can certainly live without it for a few weeks so I'll see how that goes.
    Good to hear. Hope the repair/replacement is successful.
    05-23-13 11:09 AM
    Only question is whether they will consider ti under warranty given that it is 2 years old. The rep on the phone insisted that it should be a warranty repair, but I will wait to see the actual response I get from the service centre.
    05-23-13 04:27 PM
    Only question is whether they will consider ti under warranty given that it is 2 years old. The rep on the phone insisted that it should be a warranty repair, but I will wait to see the actual response I get from the service centre.
    Wow, two years and they might cover it. Maybe they are trying to re-develop good will in light of the bb10 or NOT nonsense!
    05-23-13 05:40 PM
    Wow, two years and they might cover it. Maybe they are trying to re-develop good will in light of the bb10 or NOT nonsense!
    So I called Blackberry on 23rd, FedEx RMA Box arrived 24th, box was picked up on 25th. Today a replacement Playbook was delivered free of charge. I am pretty sure it is a refurb unit, the serial number looks pretty old, but I'm really not that worried since the unit I sent back was over two years old. I did try to register the unit for 90 days support and got the following message which is a little odd:

Your BlackBerry PlayBook™ tablet has already been registered. Your 90-Day Complimentary Support expires on 2013-08-22, so you have -681 days remaining.

As you can see it says the unit has been registered and that I have negative 681 days remaining, but it also suggests that 90-day complimentary support expires this August, in 80 days time!

Like I said, I'm really not that concerned about the warranty, but I have to give BB credit for incredible customer support.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-03-13 06:46 PM
    Nice. I also had a good RMA experience
    06-03-13 09:08 PM
    Thanks for reporting back.
    06-03-13 10:04 PM