I purchased the Hip Street Playbook Executive Leather Case but now realize that the case is not useful at all as the borders cover over the pb bezel so one cannot swipe! Unfortunately, I made the mistake of ripping off the fabric tag so it is not returnable.

Can any one confirm that they have a good binder/convertible type case that doesn't cover the bezels?

Otherwise, I am very pleased with my 64G PB.
    04-19-11 05:34 PM
    Did you get it from Amazon? The one on there site looks different than the one on HipStreet's site. The one from there site uses elastic bands at the corners to hold it in. Hope that helps.
    01-07-12 08:06 PM
    original convertible or leather case
    01-07-12 08:09 PM
    I have the Acase brand leather case. Bought it on Amazon if I remember correctly, about $20. Excellent case/stand. Bezel is not covered at all.
    01-07-12 08:35 PM
    I use a Targus that I got at Staples for $20. Works great. There are many choices at walmart.com, including the original BB cases.
    01-07-12 08:45 PM
    Stick with OEM....they just plain work.
    barskin, jafobabe and copperoak like this.
    01-07-12 08:48 PM
    +1. I have the convertible and very happy with it. I hardly use my Otterbox now unless I really to use it.
    01-07-12 08:54 PM
    Agreed. I use the leather convertable case. I think it looks great, and it does the job.
    01-07-12 09:19 PM
    the incipio premium leather case is much better than the oem model the tan one looks very cool
    01-07-12 09:32 PM
    After trying several my standard use is the blurex case. Not too bulky, full access to bezels, usb, cameras, and can even be docked on stand charger without removing case.
    01-07-12 09:41 PM
    After trying several my standard use is the blurex case. Not too bulky, full access to bezels, usb, cameras, and can even be docked on stand charger without removing case.
    +1 I also use the Blurex, perfect functionality and looks very professional.
    01-07-12 09:45 PM
    Not real leather, but I got this case that is very nice looking and durable. Fits my PB perfectly. Love it. Cost $10 usd.

edit: Oh yeah almost forgot, it doesn't block the bezels at all. works great.

Last edited by space_traveler; 01-07-12 at 10:07 PM.
    01-07-12 10:00 PM
    I use the OEM convertable case most of the time, and also have a C.E.O folio convertable case... here is a link for the Hybrid...

Amazon.com: C.E.O. Hybrid for BlackBerry PlayBook: Electronics
    01-07-12 10:57 PM
    Nice suggestions guys, but none of the cases you recommend have a zipper like the executive case the OP was looking for.

@mityaraskolnikov, I got that same Hipstreet case and was also disappointed by the leather covering the bezel. I cut the leather out and stuck some velcro in there, and velcro on the back side of a Case-Mate Barely There case... Bob's your uncle.

I got the idea from the Roocase that uses a similar setup...
    ROOCASE Executive Leather Case for BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet - Red - RC-BBPB-EXE-RD

*edit
    You could also just stick the velcro on the back of the PlayBook and skip the Case-Mate part. Just make sure to use the soft side of the velcro (not the hooks) on the PlayBook so it doesn't stick to everything when it's out of the case
    Also, you could glue the Case-Mate in there permanently if you don't like the idea of using velcro.
    Last edited by Jake Storm; 01-07-12 at 11:31 PM.
    01-07-12 11:22 PM
    blurex slim leather portfolio case work for me
    jtwarrin5 likes this.
    01-07-12 11:23 PM
    +1 I also use the Blurex, perfect functionality and looks very professional.
    +2 Have convertible and it is good, incipio is good, Blurex better!!
    01-07-12 11:31 PM
    +1000 on the Blurex leather case, also the Acase on Amazon is good. Full access to all ports, buttons etc, opened or closed, no bulk and great multi-position stand all for less than $20 with free shipping.
    01-07-12 11:44 PM
    I purchased the Hip Street Playbook Executive Leather Case but now realize that the case is not useful at all as the borders cover over the pb bezel so one cannot swipe! Unfortunately, I made the mistake of ripping off the fabric tag so it is not returnable.

Can any one confirm that they have a good binder/convertible type case that doesn't cover the bezels?

Otherwise, I am very pleased with my 64G PB.
    i got the original BB convertible case from Staples for $20, very happy with it
    01-07-12 11:50 PM
    I got this one, and I like it alot. Got it half price @ Amazon too.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyX_nwGtZ0E[/YT]
    01-07-12 11:52 PM
    I have both Targus and OEM convertible cases.
    The OEM notches are very faint when using it as a stand whereas the Targus notches are more than enough and can withstand a little bumping around and stay standing (I drive around alot with my Playbook on the center console of my truck, fits perfectly)

Not to mention there's a stylus slot in the Targus case, where I keep my $5 Rocketfish
    01-08-12 01:28 AM
    Agreed. I use the leather convertable case. I think it looks great, and it does the job.
    Bang on, Barskin. I just wish the material was genuine leather as some resellers are mistakenly advertising as such -- sadly just a great quality leather-like vinyl, which will do for now.
    01-08-12 10:03 AM
    01-08-12 10:09 AM
    I just ordered the oem leather convertible case from Amazon for $29 shipped. My plan is to use it at home and use the neoprene sleeve when I take it out with me. When I ordered it yesterday, there weren't as many user opinions. One thing I do like about the oem I ordered is the slim profile it has. How is the profile on some of the others, i.e. the Acase, Blurex & the Brookstone cases?
    01-08-12 11:22 AM
    I have one similar to the pic above but it is a bb one I think. It looks great and works awesome. Was certainly overpriced but I will get over it. would have been nice if they would have made a sppot in the spine to stick the charger into so it wouldn't have to sit open.
    01-08-12 11:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD