Yeah so i was on youtube browsing around and saw this blackberry playbook ad. Very nice!

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-D8armcZ-A[/YT]
    05-08-12 12:39 AM
    That's one I've actually not seen before. It does a good job of showcasing some of the power of the PlayBook. Pretty cool
    05-08-12 12:48 AM
    Yes, this is a pretty descriptive and effective ad (although a few months old). I also like their old "multitasking" ads.

But the question is "has anyone seen this anywhere other than on RIM or BB fan sites?"
    Last edited by kennyliu; 05-08-12 at 01:22 AM.
    05-08-12 01:14 AM
    I mean these thematic ads:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTnQkjo0Ago&list=PL4F2EDFA99C2518DB&index= 1&feature=plpp_video[/YT]

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJrDW1Qs4XY&feature=autoplay&list=PL1DF8A7 155497D9FA&playnext=1[/YT]

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyFv0tbyzR8&list=PL1DF8A7155497D9FA&index= 1&feature=plpp_video[/YT]
    05-08-12 01:18 AM
    While YouTube is popular the effectiveness of ads shown only on YouTube is not the same as ads broadcast on television.
    kennyliu, sagec and Harryl6134 like this.
    05-08-12 01:26 AM
    While YouTube is popular the effectiveness of ads shown only on YouTube is not the same as ads broadcast on television.
    Think Different!

Right...it was all over the place.

Be Bold, needs to be all over the place.
    05-08-12 03:16 AM
    I've been hearing some radio commercials for the Bold and BlackBerry Protect, but haven't seen anything for the PlayBook since the first tv commercials. Those YouTube videos above are good, and the OS 2 one should be split into a few commercials, for each of the different features. It's basketball playoff season, RIM should take advantage and run a few commercials for the PlayBook..
    05-08-12 03:55 AM
    Well, we're not supposed to talk politics here. But how can you not when the PB is the only tab approved for government use?

It says something for security...drop it at that.

I said it a post or two ago...Be Bold needs to be all over the place. I am no BB fan, or Apple and don't even like MS.

Win7 is about the best they have done...I ran NT for years. Then Linux.

Let's just stop using Windows because Vista was sooooooooooo BAD!

Hardly any of you will do that.

Lets just stop buying Apple because the Mac fell behind. Nobody done that. See, think different, ad campaign.

Now here is a link for all you haters....most of which will jump on the next boat passing...and believe me...it will pass...

Wake Up. Be Bold.

Most people are in their house connected to their own little world and this "___" is best(Fill in the blank).

Most people have no idea what goes on in the "Whole World".

I clicked this post expecting to see "all you have is an ad" somewhere down the line.

I see it every day. It is so old, Skype, Netflix...I showed my friend a PB during the tablet fire sale at cowboom, a 64GB for $195 shipped.

He called me tonight and said"Hey, does cowboom stay on one thing all day?".

I said yep, was a sale, and he said "well with no Netflix I just couldn't make up my mind...I had a good one in my cart but I didn't order it and all I'm gonna use it for is the internet like you showed me".

He wants it for IP video at work to watch security cameras. Will never use it for netflix. Has a job, can't watch netflix.

Next year or the year after everyone will say I told you so. But, QNX, BB, RIM and TAT are not going to go away.

I'm no grade school child (CB won't let me say what I said. Stop censoring my opinion). What I said was I.D.I.O.T.

I have a 7 foot 5 inch satellite dish that is pointed at no subscriber (Dish, DTV, BEV, SKY, Europe, look that up), no carrier, not hooked to any wire off of my property and I have more channels than most of you put together from all over the world where most of you live.

I am connected! Free and legal. The only satellites I cannot pick up are because of the curvature of the earth and if you can fix that then PM me. They have fixed that, it is called IPTV...I have a "Earth Station".

Why don't you google "yankee495" and see my stand on the situation.

Anyway, before a troll comes running through here I thought I should speak my opinion world wide and RIM is in business.

They may not be "your thing", but "your thing" might not be my thing.

I didn't come here to bash one tab against another or a OS against another. Or a company against another...

The PB fits right into my hobby, business just flew out the window!

I have some of the best metal detectors in the world. I live in Jesse James territory and it is not impossible to find gold!

I have old trade post maps. "Trade post"=where people drop money. And back then it was real silver and gold, not paper like today.

RIM, stock value, is equal to what you would pay for it in gold. The new IPO from FB is worth it's value in paper.

Wake up! Be Bold!
    05-08-12 04:53 AM
    I double spaced the above because the legal people like that. A Judge will not read a document that is not double spaced with a decent font.

Look up your legal rules.
    Last edited by Yankee495; 05-08-12 at 04:59 AM.
    compaq1 likes this.
    05-08-12 04:55 AM
    Awesome video...it shows how powerful the Playbook is. I posted it on my twitter, FB and G+ accounts. We have to get this video out to the people.
    05-08-12 08:53 AM
    jeez wtf are you rambling on about yank? and how many cups of coffee did you drink today?!!!
    05-08-12 09:12 AM
    jeez wtf are you rambling on about yank? and how many cups of coffee did you drink today?!!!
    C'mon now, it's all legal
    05-08-12 10:13 AM
    Yeah so i was on youtube browsing around and saw this blackberry playbook ad. Very nice!

This is the ad that I showed my Physiotherapists when they were thinking of getting a tablet - yep, it works, they bought two!

(I found the youtube link to the ad on crackberry)
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 05-08-12 at 10:48 AM. Reason: edit
    05-08-12 10:47 AM
    I agree that RIM needs to do a better job of advertising the Playbook. I still get excited when I see a Bold commercial on tv. I wanna see some for the Playbook. I'm guessing maybe when they release the 4G version?
    05-08-12 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD