Link to picture:

Leaked RIM Document Suggests First BB10 Devices Will Arrive Early 2013

Looks like BB10 is scheduled for Q1 2013 and the Playbook upgrade to BB10 straddles in between Q1 and Q2.
    Last edited by mjlott; 07-03-12 at 08:23 AM.
    07-03-12 08:20 AM
    lol. Q2 of 2013?

dam, they PlayBook will be 2 years old by then.
    07-03-12 08:22 AM
    Yeah. At least it will get BB10, so that is some consolation.
    07-03-12 08:24 AM
    lol. Q2 of 2013?

dam, they PlayBook will be 2 years old by then.
    well mine will only be a year old lol
    07-03-12 08:34 AM
    Link to picture:

Looks like BB10 is scheduled for Q1 2013 and the Playbook upgrade to BB10 straddles in between Q1 and Q2.
    Thank goodnesss...and we know RIM always releases everything on time. Must be time to buy RIM stock.
    FF22 and mandony like this.
    07-03-12 08:42 AM
    Thank goodnesss...and we know RIM always releases everything on time. Must be time to buy RIM stock.
    Yeah exactly. Since Thorsten says it, it must be true. What a failure of a company. Too bad since I so want it to succeed.
    07-03-12 09:13 AM
    My question - will they be using Bing to follow that roadmap? So, they will not stray too far from a wifi connection when trying to get to bb10. This roadmap is as reliable as any they've produced in the last year or more.
    07-03-12 09:30 AM
    Link to picture:

Keep wearing those Rose Colored Glasses.

RIM miss another holiday buying season, and customers simply do not want to wait to see if & when BB10 gets released. They are voting with their collective feet, and going eslewhere. RIM need more that BB10 to save them now.
    07-03-12 10:52 AM
    Yuck. I can't believe you said that.

Don't you wish you didn't lack originality and the logic that of an Android user?
    07-03-12 10:54 AM
    I was counting on RIM that here�re realising the 10" Playbook by the end of this year. If they won�t I will go somewhere else.
    07-03-12 03:43 PM
    Um... nobody is mentioning that the roadmap shows a targeted Q3 release of a 128 GB Gen II PlayBook, no doubt with a faster processor and higher screen resolution?
    07-03-12 08:17 PM
    Um... nobody is mentioning that the roadmap shows a targeted Q3 release of a 128 GB Gen II PlayBook, no doubt with a faster processor and higher screen resolution?
    It's a 10 inch tablet, and it's still over a year away. I'm pretty sure people are on the edge right now about BB 10. They don't have time to think about what might happen if by some miracle BB10 makes it to market and if by some second miracle it is extremely successful.
    07-03-12 08:33 PM
    BB10 will be dead. On arrival. By next year we will have things like project glasses and quadcore tabs that will put PlayBook to shame unles the specs are kicked up for the. 4g PlayBook and the 10inch PlayBook they won't sell just like this PlayBook sad to say 3im. Needs to show more stuff off and update what we have alredy these bug fixes are getting old we need new feature already
    07-03-12 09:30 PM
    I will still have my Playbook in Q2, 2013. If BB10 arrives for it, great. If not, I am no further behind.
    07-04-12 04:31 AM

RIM miss another holiday buying season, and customers simply do not want to wait to see if & when BB10 gets released. They are voting with their collective feet, and going eslewhere. RIM need more that BB10 to save them now.
    Actually most of u guys are late to this game.

The original playbook w/ OS 1.x was suppose to be rim's "turnaround" and "proof they are getting it right"... And they both missed that deadline and released a product whose OS was so full of holes they should have called it swiss cheese.

RIM's recent rewarding of those two complete idiots who destroyed the company with a $12 million bonus is yet another continuing line of proof RIM just doesn't get it still.

Stock $7.59
    07-04-12 05:21 AM
    The playbook 4g is a year adrift of its original launch - why put any faith in this timeline?

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    07-04-12 05:27 AM
    er....so the 4G Playbook will be released in the last quarter of 2012, 3/4 months or so before BB10 for the Playbook is released. Absolute genius. So all those PB 4G purchasers (who haven't been put off by finding out about all the problems that currrent PB owners are having) will be buying a PB with the same OS as now albeit with the promise of BB10 later.

Why on earth don't they delay the release of the 4G and coincide its release with that of BB10 for PB? Seems like a no brainer to me.
    07-04-12 07:22 AM
    To me, also.

The only reason I can think of why they would release it earlier is some large-scale corporate accounts waiting for it.

The consumer response in Q4 will likely be extremely weak. The only hope for it is if BB10 Handsets launch with a bang.

Why on earth don't they delay the release of the 4G and coincide its release with that of BB10 for PB? Seems like a no brainer to me.
    07-04-12 09:03 AM
    To me, also.

The only reason I can think of why they would release it earlier is some large-scale corporate accounts waiting for it.

The consumer response in Q4 will likely be extremely weak. The only hope for it is if BB10 Handsets launch with a bang.
    That is an interesting theory. Maybe they do have a trick or two up their collective sleeves. Maybe there is some biggie out there that does want such a device even with the current OS or an OS2.1, if it comes. But if Verizon thinks I will give up my unlimited bbphone-data to share LIMITED data with a 3g/4g pb, well, they can have that bridge in Brooklyn for free!
    07-04-12 09:16 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

er....so the 4G Playbook will be released in the last quarter of 2012, 3/4 months or so before BB10 for the Playbook is released. Absolute genius. So all those PB 4G purchasers (who haven't been put off by finding out about all the problems that currrent PB owners are having) will be buying a PB with the same OS as now albeit with the promise of BB10 later.
    Yea, that is RIM genius at is best.

But if Verizon thinks I will give up my unlimited bbphone-data to share LIMITED data with a 3g/4g pb, well, they can have that bridge in Brooklyn for free!
    Well, I think what we are going to see is verizon pecking away at our unlimited plans one way or the other to get we few last holdouts to give them up. Or, effectively, have it taken from us, so it's a moot point. Example; nobody upgrading to lte will be allowed to keep thier grandfathered unlimited plans. There will BE no unlimited plans on lte. Furthermore, I think you will see other exclusions quietly popping up to curtail our unlimited plans. Just a stroke of a pen and your unlimited plan goes away on your next upgrade. Or, you will only be able to keep your unlimited 3g plan if you play full price on that upgrade (it's been discussed!). I still don't think we have heard the last of "throttling back" high end users, either (where those in the highest 5-10% in terms of data useage have our data speeds slowed down).

There is one dirty little trick coming... and that is where verizon starts severely limiting how many 3g phones are allowed on the system. They may have a future deadline, or, simply allow no NEW 3g phones on their network (when your 3g cr@ps out, all you can do is buy an lte). Greed knows no boundaries, and I fear with 2 years all unlimited plans, one way or the other, will be gone on vzw.
    07-04-12 10:05 AM

Don't forget the data plan and contract that they will half to buy into also
    07-04-12 10:11 AM
    LOL
    Just a couple of weeks ago (drum roll) the RIM Prez said BB10 phones will be out before the 2012 'holiday' sales season.
    Then, a week ago he said (lower drum roll) they had coding delays (and laying off personnel)
    (DA DA Da Da da da aaaaaaa, drum roll) RIM stock collapsed by double digits+.
    Who can we believe? The posted 'roadmap'?
    IMO, too little, too late. Unless RIM has some state of the art coming, their competitors will be two years ahead of RIM in technology.
    07-04-12 08:13 PM
    Sad to say these updates won't go on this PlayBook while I own it. I've traveled down this road to far already. I'll be selling my 64gb model soon. It's great to check your mail when email accounts work. Not often!
    07-04-12 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD