What's really sad is that, like a spurned lover who can't get over their loss, the media just can't let RIM go.

Their has to be a lot of pain out there.
    05-31-12 11:03 PM
    Interesting that they are now suggesting that a successful BB10 launch will only get them over the hump to get a better buy price. No talk of continued "business as usual" for RIM.
    05-31-12 11:47 PM
    One thing for sure that RIM needs to do is to go back to basic i.e. Why is PlayBook not selling?... but first, they have to refrain listening to those BBBFs (BlackBerry Blind Followers), otherwise, they will be blinded again and again... they have to find out why in spite of the fact that the PlayBook has supposedly the best OS in the market and still has not-so-outdated hardware specifications plus a very competitive current price, masses are still not buying it?... it is still not attracting users who are not blind followers of other products (the best target consumers)... there must still be missing ingredients on the PlayBook... and this is where they have to go back to the drawing boards... to figure those out... if RIM will not solve the mystery, BB10 might have the same fate...
    06-01-12 03:28 AM
    Recently, a french website reviewed 11 tablets. The PB wasn't one of them... How do you expect people to know about the PB when there are no more reviews at all?
    06-01-12 05:19 AM
    "RIM having to lay off 6000 more employees." - Yes and they need to. If you research company growth, esp. explosive growth like RIM went through there is a trend where the company tends to be come to big with employees. Then they become manager heavy. The result is a bloated company that is full of red tape, too many employees and top heavy. Eventually the company needs to 'trim the fat'. This happens all the time and it is about time that it takes place at RIM. It is true that it is a difficult time for those who are laid-off and I do wish the best for them. This happened to my wife who worked for a major bank, at a time of record profits. The bank decided to trim the fat, and her entire team was laid-off. They merged business centers, doubling the work of those left, and cut out entire teams. This is exactly what RIM needs to do, and it is purely a solid business decision. If you also recall in in the last two to three years a lot of companies had mass lay-offs due to the hard economics, RIM did not do this, and perhaps they should have at that time.
    danimalchil likes this.
    06-01-12 08:33 AM
    I didn't know it seemed as if I was angry D_March lol. I just posted a comment, and wondered what the excuse would be for RIM having to lay off 6000 more employees.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    It did not come across to me as angry at all, it came across simply as a comment.
    06-01-12 09:06 AM
    Interesting that they are now suggesting that a successful BB10 launch will only get them over the hump to get a better buy price. No talk of continued "business as usual" for RIM.
    I'm surprised more haven't noticed/commented on this point. It means that even if BB10 gives RIM the turnaround they need acquisition is still very much an option, in fact may be even more likely than it is now.
    06-01-12 09:11 AM
    One thing for sure that RIM needs to do is to go back to basic i.e. Why is PlayBook not selling?... but first, they have to refrain listening to those BBBFs (BlackBerry Blind Followers), otherwise, they will be blinded again and again... they have to find out why in spite of the fact that the PlayBook has supposedly the best OS in the market and still has not-so-outdated hardware specifications plus a very competitive current price, masses are still not buying it?... it is still not attracting users who are not blind followers of other products (the best target consumers)... there must still be missing ingredients on the PlayBook... and this is where they have to go back to the drawing boards... to figure those out... if RIM will not solve the mystery, BB10 might have the same fate...
    The Playbook isn't selling because it's not perceived as something desirable or a "must have" for the majority of consumers. Or it's perceived as "unfinished" or a test bed for something else (new phones).

Most consumers have never even heard of it (contrary to what you may think by reading the forum) and those who have just think "doesn't have apps." I feel it's been undermarketed - for whatever reason.

It doesn't really matter how good the specs are (and they are comparitively great) unless you are a tecchie who takes the time to compare specs.

For a comparison, just read the story of VHS and Betamax. One was head and shoulders better than the other. It wasn't the better one that became successful.
    CairnsRock likes this.
    06-01-12 09:21 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD