Can you please record a video of you scrolling on an iPad while holding it one handed as well? would love to compare the two.

as everyone else has stated, you're flicking your thumb diagonally, and the page is scrolling diagonally. JUST AS IT SHOULD. the iPad does the same thing if you flick diagonally. it only scroll-locks when you do a bit of a hold and scroll.
    If you use any 7" and certainly any 10" tablet one handed, you are "holding it wrong", to borrow a phrase from Steve Jobs. Unless you are the Incredible Hulk. Lol.
    Last edited by southlander; 01-07-12 at 09:07 PM.
    01-07-12 04:51 PM
    Ok lets put this to bed.

Playbook does have scroll lock

Slide your finger up and it locks vertically

Slide your finger sideways and it locks horizontal

Slide you finger diagonally and it allows a free scroll

To stop the lock you have to take your finger off.

Here is a video:
    AWESOME i just tested it out and it worked. Never knew this was here. Thanks!
    01-07-12 11:23 PM
    When I simply try to scroll up or down, it keeps mistaking vertical swipes for horizontal swipes ALL THE TIME! I typically do long swipes with my pointing finger.
    iPad handles this wonderfully. This happens when page is fit to width by double tapping.

The customers wouldn't get a good first impression of the product on retail demo units in stores.
    RIM, Fix the basic scrolling!

Hasn't anyone else been annoyed by this?

So from your title, I don't know if you know this, but the 2.0 beta that's available to download right now is not "the latest and greatest" that RIM has at the moment and they put it out for user testing of the OS. This beta is for developers to start working on apps that are compatible with 2.0. For more info check out the blackberry.com/beta site.
    01-07-12 11:29 PM
    Watched the OP's video, it's user error. Someone in this thread already posted how to use the scroll lock, that will take care of your "personal diagonal swiping issue". There is nothing in that video that is the fault of the software..

Nice try though, but I think it's time the mods put this thread to bed (close/delete it).
    01-07-12 11:40 PM
    Watched the OP's video, it's user error. Someone in this thread already posted how to use the scroll lock, that will take care of your "personal diagonal swiping issue". There is nothing in that video that is the fault of the software..

Nice try though, but I think it's time the mods put this thread to bed (close/delete it).
    Take some time to read existing posts before coming to your own conclusions.
    01-07-12 11:57 PM
    Take some time to read existing posts before coming to your own conclusions.
    Already done, it doesn't change the facts that this thread is useless and you are the cause of your own problems.
    01-08-12 12:00 AM
    really dude, really???

stop finding faults where there are none. Here i was expecting to see some opposite swipe movements or something.

And i'm tired of ppl making complaints about a dev build, jeez. oh os2 doesnt wipe my @ss for me.
    Last edited by avaio; 01-08-12 at 02:47 AM.
    01-08-12 02:44 AM
    Yo OP,
    I know exactly what you are talking about. These ppl on here saying its a non-issue just haven't used iOS enough to understand. I have owned the iPad 2 and PB and I am currently using an iPhone 4 and kindle fire. The kindle has a similar issue. Its not too big of a deal for me but it might be for you and that's okay. Everyone has different needs but that's something people forget and jump on you as soon as you say something negative about the PB.
    01-08-12 06:34 AM
    Yo OP,
    I know exactly what you are talking about. These ppl on here saying its a non-issue just haven't used iOS enough to understand. I have owned the iPad 2 and PB and I am currently using an iPhone 4 and kindle fire. The kindle has a similar issue. Its not too big of a deal for me but it might be for you and that's okay. Everyone has different needs but that's something people forget and jump on you as soon as you say something negative about the PB.
    You make good points but his title does read "Playbook OS 2.0 STILL doesn't have any kind of scrolling direction lock!" While it seems he has some suggestions that could improve the user expirience, the all caps used on "STILL", the "any kind" used to describe the existance of scroll lock and ending it with an "!" show the OP is venting rather than looking for help. The fact is it does use at least one method to lock the direction of the scroll.
    01-08-12 06:56 AM
    You have mentioned the same point over half a dozen times. Its borderline trolling.
    I ask that you stop. Thanks. There is no point in arguing on the internet. It was a video clearly demonstrating the issue.

The thread is not intended to be a joke.
    Just stop right there with the threats. Your video is quite obviously a contrived trolling post and you're quite obviously putting much effort into acting like it's not. In case you haven't noticed, nobody is buying that you're sincere so please stop stirring other forum members up when you're the one at fault for posting what is quite obviously a deliberately ridiculous video. We found it humorous until you started threatening other forum members. It's not funny anymore. Now I'm going to encourage my fellow community members to start reporting this thread for moderation so we can stop this nonsense.
    01-08-12 08:45 AM
    The scroll lock doesnt work between multiple swipes while the page is scrolling.. There would be no issue at all if the lock was active until the page comes to a stop.
    I will post a comparison video of what I mean. Should've done that first.
    Aha! So you admit there IS a scroll lock! Maybe it's time to edit your thread title...

Sorry, I use Ipads as well as my PBs and neither has a scrolling issue. You're obsessively finding a fault where none exists.

What I would like to see added to iDevices is better swiping controls, the Home button is a clunky way of controlling app transitions and device management. Especially if the device is rotated and you're now looking for it somewhere on the bezel. This is more consistently annoying, especially when other devices have come up with complete on-screen control methods and Apple is still running the interface they came up with in 2007.

That is my biggest gripe with running any Apple product. Oh, they do scroll fine, just like my Playbooks. No problems there
    Last edited by vorpalz; 01-08-12 at 08:51 AM.
    01-08-12 08:49 AM
86 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD