Hi, is it possible to get the latest OsmAnd 1.7.4 running on a fully updated 64GB Playbook?
    04-08-14 08:48 AM
    Is that the latest Android version?

Goodereader lists 1.1.3, but hasn't been updated since March 9th of last year:

OsmAnd for BB10 and Playbook

If you're looking for a BAR file of the latest version, you can request that Koz convert it in the Android Apps section of the PB forums.
    04-08-14 09:25 AM
    Is that the latest Android version?

Goodereader lists 1.1.3, but hasn't been updated since March 9th of last year:

OsmAnd for BB10 and Playbook

If you're looking for a BAR file of the latest version, you can request that Koz convert it in the Android Apps section of the PB forums.
    Just checked the Play Store and I see version 1.7. I went ahead and requested a BAR file conversion here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo.../index167.html
    ydrol likes this.
    04-08-14 09:47 AM
    Here's the bar file. http://apk2bar.org/bar/a0/39/295882/...and_v1.7.4.bar I loaded it on my playbook, and so far so good. It opens ok, but I haven't tested offline navigation yet. Note that I had issues trying to install it using DDPB, but the Chrome installer worked fine.
    anon(5597702), ydrol and VR6 like this.
    04-08-14 10:27 AM
    Hi--I have version 1.1.4 beta version of OsmAnd (free) and was wondering if I install the newer version (1.7.4) will I have to reload all my maps (I think I have 6 maps or downloads of the 10 that are given free) and will this mean I cannot reload my maps because I have used up my quota of downloads. Should I uninstall the older version or just install the new version overtop the old? Thanks for any help you can give me.
    04-08-14 02:04 PM
    Hi--I have version 1.1.4 beta version of OsmAnd (free) and was wondering if I install the newer version (1.7.4) will I have to reload all my maps (I think I have 6 maps or downloads of the 10 that are given free) and will this mean I cannot reload my maps because I have used up my quota of downloads. Should I uninstall the older version or just install the new version overtop the old? Thanks for any help you can give me.
    Just tried it and it keeps all the downloaded maps. Even when you uninstall the 1.1.4 Beta version. 1.7.4 is so much better and faster!
    brookie229 and anon(5597702) like this.
    04-09-14 12:12 AM
    With the 1.7.4 version you should really update the maps to get improved routing. From Welcome To OsmAnd
    "To take advantage of all features of new route calculation, maps should be updated as March 2014."

Dont worry about the 10 download limit- If you re-install it is reset to 10 I think. In any case, you are allowed to manually download and install maps directly without affecting the limit - see here . It involves downloading on PC from here , unzipping and copying obf file to playbook (using ftp server or similar) into the /sdcard/osmand folder.

Also avoid overlapping maps.
    Personally I'd
    • export your favourites to /sdcard/osmand/favourites.gpx - copy that file somewhere safe,
    • uninstall old beta ,
    • fresh install 1.7.4 . ,
    • reload maps (limit of 10 should be reset, or use PC as above),
    • re-import favourites.

Otherwise route calculation can still be slow.

I have intermittent memory problems running this with the full GB map on playbook. Still testing it out..
    04-09-14 04:47 AM
    Thanks for the info VR6 and ydrol---I have gone ahead and uninstalled the old version, replaced with the new and re-downloaded all the newest maps. Everything seems to wor great!! This is why CB is sooooo great!
    anon(5597702) and VR6 like this.
    04-09-14 07:58 AM
    I'm still finding GPS lock a bit unreliable here in London. Sometimes it is good , other times not. I understand a playbook restart in daylight might help, but I'm not finding it robust enough for driving, a real shame I guess people have different experiences here. I'll road test a bit more..
    04-10-14 07:33 PM
    I'm still finding GPS lock a bit unreliable here in London. Sometimes it is good , other times not. I understand a playbook restart in daylight might help, but I'm not finding it robust enough for driving, a real shame I guess people have different experiences here. I'll road test a bit more..
    You might try using GPS Test from BBW (free) and enable it BEFORE using Magellan or OsMand--some report that this app seems to activate the Playbook GPS. YMMV !
    ydrol likes this.
    04-10-14 08:41 PM