...so, February is almost upon us. Cant wait for the new OS 2.0.....and hoping impatiently that its not released on the last day of February at 11:59pm haha...

Almost have the same anticipation I had as I drove to Office Max April 19 to buy it, which kinda makes since because in a way we really are finally getting the Playbook...
    Last edited by kb5zht; 01-31-12 at 11:22 AM.
    mark37724 and ericlc2 like this.
    01-31-12 05:15 AM
    very excited for this update, can wait to try out all of the new features
    mug5384 likes this.
    01-31-12 05:44 AM
    I'm already peeing in my pants waiting for this update
    01-31-12 06:03 AM
    I have to agree, we are FINALLY getting the Playbook we were promised, and did buy. Hopefully, it is what they say, and they promised. I am looking forward to all the changes to be made to our wonderful Blackberry Family Member.
    01-31-12 06:16 AM
    I wonder if anyone is going to stay up tonight hoping that Thorsten will push a Magic Button at 12:01 a.m. . . . .
    Delirious D likes this.
    01-31-12 06:29 AM
    I wonder if anyone is going to stay up tonight hoping that Thorsten will push a Magic Button at 12:01 a.m. . . . .
    C.E.Time +1 for me ...
    01-31-12 06:38 AM
    I will be happy to see that exclamation mark saying "There is an update available for your Playbook"!!!!! -_
    Delirious D likes this.
    01-31-12 06:45 AM
    This level of anticipatory excitement can only lead to one thing.

Huge disappointment. Something "vital" will be missing.

Any "missing" piece of functionality will be highlighted in a dozen threads, all predicting RIM's consequential demise.
    bbaddict30 likes this.
    01-31-12 06:55 AM
    ...so, February is almost upon us. Cant wait for the new OS 2.0.....and hoping kmpatiently that its not released on the last day of February at 11:59pm haha...

Almost have the same anticipation I had as I drove to Office Max April 19 to buy it, which kinda makes since because in a way we really are finally getting the Playbook...
    Being a leap year thee is an extra day in February too so RIM has 29 days and still say it got it out on time.
    ScoobsDM likes this.
    01-31-12 06:58 AM
    Wait until you see all the threads like this starting tomorrow. And if it's not released on the 17th everyone will be saying that they missed the date again even though that's really not an official date. I'll bet you never see an official date for any RIM releases after this one.
    01-31-12 07:47 AM
    It's RIM, so don't get your hopes up.
    01-31-12 07:55 AM
    It's RIM, so don't get your hopes up.
    Lets give Cpt. Heins a chance and see. This will probably a good way to test the waters on his stated commitment to changing the internal RIM discipline with respect to sticking to and meeting deadlines.
    01-31-12 09:04 AM
    i wonder how big would it be, 200-300MB or more?
    01-31-12 09:06 AM
    i really like my playbook the way it is. mind you, i have BB bridge on my BB phone... which is the way the playbook was intended to be used. It was the forums blabbing about what they "thought" or "heard" it was going to be released with, that lead to the "disappointing" release.
    Well, it seems soon enough, the Playbook, will become the Playpad or iBook. It just frustrates me that we live in an age where patience has become an antiquated idea. And really, quite obviously, the only real problem with the PB according to the masses was price. Just look at all the apps flowing in now; and they work on the old V1.0 !!
    Last edited by gotchagain; 01-31-12 at 09:15 AM.
    01-31-12 09:12 AM
    I have my second 64gb PB just as it was shipped in the box, except I did do the OS update and set up my wifi.

Placed back into the box waiting for the "drop". Then will do the OS2 update and begin to play and transfer apps/games slowly onto it.

My first unit is my companion at all times. Once we are happy with 2.0, my first unit will become "anchored" to AV system, and will be used as a Movie/Audio source only. And to OS20 PB will become my companion.

Thats my plan. At this point. Until something changes.
    BrizzadMan and Delirious D like this.
    01-31-12 10:06 AM
    Lets give Cpt. Heins a chance and see. This will probably a good way to test the waters on his stated commitment to changing the internal RIM discipline with respect to sticking to and meeting deadlines.
    I'm hopeful he's bringing some Prussian discipline to the table after all of this time with Larry and Curly's sloppiness.
    01-31-12 10:34 AM
    This level of anticipatory excitement can only lead to one thing.

Huge disappointment. Something "vital" will be missing.

Any "missing" piece of functionality will be highlighted in a dozen threads, all predicting RIM's consequential demise.
    These days there is for sure a lot of general, on going disappointment with rim but with this OS, if it releases even with nothing more than we have seen, i call it a success. This device has its time in the lime light still coming...

...just wished it had not have taken so long.
    01-31-12 11:34 AM
    I am thinking that RIM is going to make sure that they aren't late on this one. Maybe I am just being optimistic. I mean, I haven't had a BB Phone in 7 years. I do hope that they get OS 2 out in time & that it does have some surprises wrapped up for us. I'm not running out to try to sell mine & get an iPad even with the 3 coming out soon. I am waiting for the Keyboard/Case combo to come out too, although I have found some already on eBay.

I think that with everything, if it's worth having it's worth having right. I mean, I don't know how long the Beta versions have been out, but surely the developers have had enough time to get things worked out. I WANT a FREE Angry Birds & a TEXTING app. I want Skype, Netflix, Dolphin web browser & Flipboard. I've already contacted all of those companies to try to get some information... All I can say is that I am happy with my PlayBook. I just know it can do more.

COME ON RIM!!!! MAKE US HAPPY!!! 18 days & counting!
    01-31-12 01:50 PM
    All I can say is whatever date they release the update for 2.0 , they better have there update server tuned up well. Because there is going to be a bombarment from everyone trying to download all at once.
    01-31-12 01:50 PM
    I'm more excited then a sugared up Caligula in a Roman brothel filled with nubile nymphs suffering from hypoglycemia.
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 01-31-12 at 01:59 PM.
    01-31-12 01:54 PM
    Although I am definitely excited about getting 2.0 on my PlayBook, up to this point, I have not been disappointed in it up to now. I love that I have internet wherever I go thanks to bridge. The PB is very convenient when I want a bigger screen to read/send messages. The battery lasts for three or four days, depending on how much I use it. The video camera is so amazing, I've abandoned my actual video camera for the one on the PB. I don't need a ton of apps, and I feel like the ones that are offered suit my needs. Of course I would love to have Skype and Netflix but I won't die without them. Like everyone else, I'm looking forward to the update, but I think that RIM deserves more credit than they're getting for the initial product.
    hondo457 likes this.
    01-31-12 02:15 PM
    Twice the excitement for me !! I get my new 9810 on the 7th and then the 0S 2 update following at some point !!! Can't wait......................but I suppose I'll have to.
    01-31-12 02:26 PM
    Wishful thinking if any of you believe it will be released tonight. If RIM has requested devs submit their apps by Feb.6th to allow a release on 2.0 then the soonest anyone will possibly push a magical update release button will be the 7th.

Wait..... Isnt BBDevcon 7th-8th?? hmmm.....
    01-31-12 03:08 PM
    8 hours and counting.
    01-31-12 03:11 PM
    I haven't had my Playbook for that long and I like it as it is, but I am looking forward to the update! Mostly for the new apps being introduced. I need moar games!!

I'm currently using the beta OS 2. Will I need to do a full wipe or can I just update directly from its current state to the official OS 2? And how do you perform a security wipe anyways? Is it different from doing a factory reset or whatever?
    01-31-12 03:15 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD