My BB Torch only allow me to download email attachment up to 2.9 MB, can someone please tell me if this limit also apply to the Playbook?

Thanks,
    Last edited by nliang; 04-10-11 at 03:33 PM.
    04-10-11 02:50 PM
    I'm not really sure but I do believe that you'll be under the same limitations under bridge mode but when tethering or wifi you are limited to the limits of the email provider (gmail, hotmail etc...). BTW its not only receiving but outgoing too.
    04-10-11 04:11 PM
    you are under the same small attachment size. that is a RIM email policy and will not change with the playbook. Even with a 3g/4g model of the PB you will still have the same limitation unless RIM changes its policies for their phones and PB too
    ericlc2 likes this.
    04-10-11 04:28 PM
    you are under the same small attachment size. that is a RIM email policy and will not change with the playbook. Even with a 3g/4g model of the PB you will still have the same limitation unless RIM changes its policies for their phones and PB too
    Wonder if there will be any kind of program alike winrar/winzip for the PB so you can send the larger files, would be siccck.
    04-10-11 04:57 PM
    there should be, android has several to choose from so they can always be ported over later in the summer if no one makes one before then
    04-10-11 05:02 PM
    I'm not really sure but I do believe that you'll be under the same limitations under bridge mode but when tethering or wifi you are limited to the limits of the email provider (gmail, hotmail etc...). BTW its not only receiving but outgoing too.
    This is correct!
    04-10-11 05:54 PM
    If you can only download/attach a small amount of data to an email on the playbooks email apps, why don't you just click on the browser and head on over to you email website and attach/view your emails from there? Just a thought

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-11 12:39 AM
    If you can only download/attach a small amount of data to an email on the playbooks email apps, why don't you just click on the browser and head on over to you email website and attach/view your emails from there? Just a thought

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This is what BB users experiencing truncation have to do now. This is what they'll need to do with the PB as well. The underlying issue is, there are some companies that don't allow or have a web email portal. They allow BB via BES and Outlook via VPN. For those users, they still need to break out their laptops to get the larger emails like they do now. For those users, the PB's current email implementation doesn't solve their current truncation issues.
    04-11-11 12:47 AM
    This is what BB users experiencing truncation have to do now. This is what they'll need to do with the PB as well. The underlying issue is, there are some companies that don't allow or have a web email portal. They allow BB via BES and Outlook via VPN. For those users, they still need to break out their laptops to get the larger emails like they do now. For those users, the PB's current email implementation doesn't solve their current truncation issues.
    That's a shame.

I've heard BBM6 will allow larger downloads. Hopefully this also means BIS 4.0 will do the same. With the Playbook and more powerful Blackberrys coming, it sounds likely they will at least increase the limit. I doubt they will get rid of truncation completely though.
    04-11-11 01:08 AM
    if you need to send large attachments (and have a decent browser like the PB has) why wouldn't you just use mediafire or megaupload? way easier.
    04-11-11 01:27 AM
    if you need to send large attachments (and have a decent browser like the PB has) why wouldn't you just use mediafire or megaupload? way easier.
    for friends this maybe works but not for work environment
    04-11-11 04:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD